Posts by GearJocke

What don’t you like about the pick ups? One thing to keep in mind – the pick ups may just need to be adjusted. If you have too much low end, lower the bass side of the pick ups. The same with too much high end. If you don’t have enough high end, raise the pick ups closer to the strings on the treble side. If the pick ups have too much gain, Lower the pick ups farther away from the strings, and then adjust the bass and treble side height to get the tone you want. If they don’t have enough gain, raise the pick ups, and then fine-tune the treble and bass.

I totally agree. Do you like the sound of the guitar unplugged? That's the first thing to check with a guitar. If you don't like it it won't matter what pickups you choose. You will never be satisfied. Send it back. If you however like it and you have done everything you can with the pickups like paults here said, swap them out to something else. High gain pickups to look up are those already mentioned like jb or sh-6(distortion). The sh-6 is the same as the jb. The only difference is that the jb is alnico and the distortion is ceramic. Dimarzio D Activator, D Activator X, Titan, Crunchlab, Lundgren M6, Bareknuckle Aftermath and a few other Bareknucle pickups. Well there are a few other good high gain pickups. The thing is no one can tell you if you will like this or that one specific pickup. One pickup may sound killer in one guitar and in another meh! I went thru like 5 or 6 pickups in one of my guitars until I found the right one. I'm not saying that will be the case for you but don't be surprised if that happen to you too. But look out for used pickups to save money and if you don't like them, sell them for the same price and try other pickups. Soldering is not that difficult but if you won't want to you probably know someone else who is competent enough to do that. Anyway good look with the eternal hunt for the perfect tone. It's a neverever ending quest.

Don't jump into conclusion without checking other things first. Have you updated the drivers on the Apollo? Have you checked their forum if others have the same problem with spdif?

yes i have tried with headphones but to be honest i hate playing with headphones,but you know we spend some money on profiles just to found out that those profiles sound very badX(

That's not fun, wasting money. I know how it can feel. I've erased some profile packs I've bought. I wonder how many vendors lie when they say their soundclips/videos are unprocessed.

im having the same issue with mbritt.top jimmy,guidorist,and LRS they sound harsh on my Kemper Stage,i have found free profiles that sound fantastic,.also i really liked Fremen presets,i dont really understand why some profiles sound awesome and other paid profiles sound horrible:?::/

Some profiles sound perfect with one guitar and the pickups in it and with other guitars and pickups it sounds anything thatn good. I have profiles from one vendor where it sounds good with just one of my guitars. With the others and different pickups they sound ice picking. That's why I want a vendor should have at least one free profile to try if it's something for me or not.

How should I know? :huh: I haven't bought them yet. :P But I will for sure. But maybe someone else here already have?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I for one have the polytune pedal always connected and mounted on my rack.

• Hardly ever use the poly feature
    • use it as have it lying round and its buffer was quite good when I used it with my amps.
    • I prefer it than the kemper tuner as my eyes are not as good as they used to be, so find it easier than LCD

You know they have updated the tuner with bigger size on the left now? I didn't like the small ones either. I need reading glasses when I read.

i admit I have never tried a polyphonic tuner but I can’t see the point of them as I only have one hand available to tune with anyway. Am I missing something really obvious?

No you don't. When I had one and tried polytune the guitar the tuner said all six strings was in tune. But when I played the guitar(s) it wasn't in tune very well.

The best thing I did for tuning in recent years was to get and Evertune equipped guitar. It is hard to play anything else now.

I've got my second one a week ago. Yes something feels wrong even though it's not when I play on the other one's with a TOM bridge and a Ibanez floating trem. Nothing is acually wrong. They have a good setup and intonation. But ones you go evertune...need I say more?

Interesting to know I wasn't the only one. Tuning one string at a time is still the best. The idea was better than in reality, e,g, like Gibsons robot tuning system.

I'd love to be able to strum all 6 strings and tune them at the same time on the Kemper. Maybe there is a licensing/copyright/intellectual property issue related to this, or not enough people have requested this, or some other reason which is why Kemper hasn't offered this feature?

I believe I've seen once someone asking about polytune. I had a tc polytune and I never used it on that mode. It didn't work for me. If you tune light no problem but if you're heavy hitter and trying to get a constant hit for tuning poly...it didn't work at all for me at least. I can't speak for others though.