Posts by JHERCULEES1

man i hope thats not a common problem . LED lights normally last many many years!! Ive never had one go bad on any other processor and i still have digitech units from 10 years ago , I would hate to have to keep having them replaced , maybe ill just keep mine in dim mode! haha

I definetely would ! :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/floorkemper.jpg]

yeah but how you would you get access to all the features of the missing buttons the amp the cab , the stomps etc?

I personally like the form factor of the kemper , I have alot of pod desktop bean units , they fall off the desk , etc, have had a few floor type units the pod hd500 great for gigging , but in a studio try reaching down to edit settings , ouch my back!! from kneeling on the floor to change settings , the kemper is nice , a rack unit would be ok , but would eliminate half of the controls

I understand the ears thing but when trying to remove fizz i like ot know how low im cutting frequency wise .
    i guess i could try to insert a signal into the kemper and make a plot of its response somehow to figure it out ,
    just thought the design guys might know already !

no big deal

its ok i use the hi lo pass in the daw anyways but i like to get it all in one unit so if i say go to my buddies place to recordi dont have to open his daw and install plugins etc to get the same setup i use , but if the kemper does it it i just plug in and go !

I do love the sound of this thing with or without the extras though great job CK

i didnt mean cable length really i was more refferring to the sound traveling from the guitar cabinet to the mic , any delay there even 2ms, the delay from the mixer desk and the pc and daw its connected to in the control room , the delay from the studio monitors to your ears in the control room 5ms would be on a good day , and many many guitarists record albums this way

maybe so ,

I will always love it and prefer it over drop tunings and 3 chord stuff with no solos in newer music which actually bores me
    different tastes for different folks i guess , not many guys can play the 80s shred well though many try to copy it and that's what gave it a bad name i think all the sloppy players imitating it badly.To do it right takes precise playing and lots of practice .

I'm actually jealous of drummers in newer music they still get to play a lot of notes in today's music and interesting stuff, but guitarists don't get to shred and play lots of notes at least in popular music its sad really . Sort of like putting a governor on a dragster to keep it at 50mph , Or like having someone say ok now no more than 4 notes per measure ok .... haha

There's something to be said for shred and fast playing and proficiency as long as you do with soul and emotion players like randy rhoads, Steve Lukather, etc

i dont hear any latency , but the kemper is meant to simulate a miked amp and cabinet , then we listen through either studio monitors or headphones , so imagine you are recording in a studio and your amp is miked up blasting away in another room and you are in the control room with your guitar and a long cable playing , how much latency is there then?

sounds good ,
    But cheesy it isnt the 80s was all about bieng the best you could be and actually learning scales and chords and playing great guitar , more like 80s shred. rock

yeah
    Bobby I agree I think some tone matches sound thin , I think because pre eq and the defintion setting of the profile make a huge difference , those old marshall sounds especially i think the definition sounds better to me cranked way down , where the distortion amplifies low harmonics and makes it less tinny more like old school marshall , that and a tube screamer helps to cut muffly lows pre distortion. the match eq matches the output section (cab) but wont fix the input or amp stuff

Im having fun using the kemper to try to get the tone in the box , before i could only get close using tone matching in the computer so i couldnt take the tone with me now I can get closer tones and keep them in the kemper all in one box, haha

thanks Don

yeah i think alot of people dont care for his tone because he played the same part like 4 or 5 times that and maybe a combination of him using the mxr distortion i dont know gives it a certain sound , I like the way the reverb of the room makes his tone huge also ,the reverb i added in the kemper was an afterthought anyways , because i originally did a recording using the kemper sound without reverb then adding it in the DAW using impulses of room reverbs , and making the mix setting really high like 80 or 90 percent , so more room reflected guitar than direct.

Glad youre liking it .

you can use an effects loop in place of the x or mod effect module and it would be after the amp and cabinet section ,
    press and hold the mod effect then select using the left rotary knob the stereo loop .

on the back the direct out becomes your send and the return input your return

this puts the delays etc after the amp and cab which is a better place for them anyways just not possible with an amp live

++

thanks for the compliments..

I wasnt sure if the highs were a bit too abrasive on them good to get feedback ,
    I initially took the intros to theese songs where the guitar is alone then used one side of the stereo image (right ) recorded the guitar using a profile without a cabinet , used curve eq to match it to the song guitar then profiles the curve eq in cubase as a cabinet in the kemper , i added that cabinet to the profile i had orignally used and then recorded again in cubase,
    than i checked it with curve eq , some like night by night were still a bit off so i tweaked the parametric eqs in kemper until i could get the curve to be almost flat meaning they are the same

Not sure this was the best or easiest way , but it came out good.