Posts by JHERCULEES1

I have an issue when i select to show only last imported rigs from left button on rigs screen , it doesnt show the ones i imported last at all , only shows a list of rigs i imported a long time ago , i tried rebooting and importing more rigs , still shows the same exact list of rigs from the first imported rigs after the fw update i think .

not sure what to make of it

I have an issue with the 'Last Imported' rigs on this release.It shows more than just the LAST IMPORTED RIGS. Anyone else have this problem ?

Yes I have same issue AI import rigs and then select to show last imported rigs it doesnt it shows rigs imported a long time ago , even after reboot it wont show me the ones i just imported have tried several times.

ok to me this sounds like pickup noise , its noticeable when you let chords ring and the guitar volume knob is up , i get this issue also with different guitars it changes. Try moving around the room while you play , specifically away from noise sources , move the guitar away from even the kemper itself and your computer and audio interface and see if the noise changes. If it does its just noise from your pickups and its a problem with high gain and certain guitar pickups

wow very nice collection !

except this is why i hate mounting stuff in a rack enclosure , how much of a pain is it to keep reaching into the back of the kemper and plugging and unplugging cables when its mounted in that rack? I keep mine out of the rack and its a little bit easier .

get the powered version , if you buy the non powered you cannot upgrade it later as there is no option to add the poweramp to the kemper either yourself or by sending to a shop , other than buying another unit new. . But if you decide later you want the powered one you will have to sell yours and buy another new one with power amp installed .

or get the camplifer ones you can apparently add those on later, im in this situation now , I would like a power amp version but i bought my kemper before the power amp was released so i might get the camplifer.

A company can't waive your right to sue them if they provide the method and instrument to modify their product. The fact that you promised not to sue in advance has little value in court. A third rate hack attorney would have a field day in court in that situation. The UL listing certification and whatever overseas certs would be lost and they would be open to litigation in the advent the installer got hurt. An improperly installed power amp can be potentially deadly. The ground on your guitar, which is connected to your strings, goes through the guitar chord to the amp. If the line and neutral are inverted or the line shorts to the chassis and its ungrounded, a lethal shock could (will) occur. Kemper has decided this is not a position they want to be in.

bd

this is true , but this could happen with any amplifier , if it loses the ground wire , and "death caps" caps from hot wire to the chasis have been on amps for years, its a simple solution to explain to someone that green is ground and black is hot, but i dont see why any of that matters if the power amp just simply plugs in to the socket thats on the back , apparently it takes additional wiring of the line voltage also , how about just having a standard iec power cord connector on the power amp just like the kemper has then no wiring is required . I just dont see th epoint in a unit with a giant hole designed in the back for a power amp and then it will never be utilized ,

Kinda like its unfinished,

also if your really worried abou tgetting shocked use isolation transformers between your guitar and the amp or kemper , like this one here

http://www.amazon.com/Lehle-P-…ce-Splitter/dp/B001ESLQM8

using iso out of this into kemper keeps your guitar totally isolated if 120v somehow connects to the gnd line of the guitar input on the kemper you will not get shocked

I really like the kemper and its a great unit , but they were made with a giant hole in the back in anticipation of putting a poweramp back there, now ther poweramp is in production but you cant buy it without buying a whole new kemper . Kemper has mentioned they will lose their safety certificate on those electrical devices, what if the customer was ok with that could we purchase the unit then ?

I personally don't need a certificate and I dont want to pay 2000 (minus the 400 discount ) for the power amp and a new kemper when all want is the power amp. I just think its a big oversight because the units were produced with a space in the back and a connector for a power amp and now the connector isn't useful for anything on all the original units out there Couldn't kemper offer to sell the power amps and just void the safety certificates to keep the customers happy ? I'm ok with that

thanks

1.the limit of 1000 rigs that wasnt there when the kemper was first introduced, I am constantly bouncing rigs around and having to delete everytime i want to add a few new ones and try them out ,

2. no way to audition rigs without loading them into kemper which goes along with my first point having to delete rigs to try new ones.

3. when using a simple footswitch to change rigs up/dn it doesnt work in performance mode it switches to the next rig stored in memory instead of the one in performace list . so I cant use performance mode .

WOWthat tone sound sgreat ,

Where did you get the painkillier profile I cant locate that one , even on amp factory site Ill pay for it if i find it there , but I cant seem to find it , I did find the slash one though

thanks
    :)

Nice,

Ill have to check theese out later when i get home , although I dont remember posting a profile for pull me under I did work on trying to match his rythm tone alot using kemper .

With the gain at (IMHO) unusable settings, yes the highest notes on the guitar will have a ghost note underneath. But artificial harmonics completely unreal? This is a completely exposed clip featuring a pinch harmonic @ :43 single note playing between the 15th and 18th fret on the B string: http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/1580.mp3. I think many of you folks have become fixated on this. No doubt CK and crew will do something to address this, but posts like this IMHO are blowing things way, way out of proportion.

I disagree respectfully ....

I dont think it happens at unreasonable settings I think those settings are reasonable for lead work ,
    I grew up in the 80s and have seen many bands using high gain setups and checked out thier rigs stryper was one to use a ton of gain and pushing the amp with a parametric eq,
    for screaming leads nothing beats high gain for metal , and alot of rock , for rythm i agree too much gain can cause a flubby woofy , bassy distorted tone , but for leads , gain is essential for sustain .