Posts by old crow

Big hello, welcome from me in Duncan, B.C.
    I've had my Kemper since summer and now have some of Andy's profiles.
    All I can tell you is , I hope you have lots of spare time , cause you won't want to stop playing now.

I hope Fender reads this and notices how well recieved the Mustang lll is.
    Perhaps that will prompt them to build something similar to that amp , w.o. the pre-amp section.
    A budget priced, small , powered open back cab.

Last night I was playing an American Standard Strat and Epiphone ES-339 w/ Burstbucker Pro pups. Those 2 guitars cover a ton of tonal ground. But like I said, need to mess around some more. Just didn't have the "wow" factor I got like with a bunch of Andy's other stuff.

Hmmm, nothing unusual about those. I'm sure w a bit more time you'll be drooling over these amps.

Broke down and bought the vintage pack and...I need to spend a ton more time with them but I didn't like the profiles on first audition nearly as much as a few of the amps from bundles 2 and 3. :huh: those who don't have packs 2 and 3, I would strongly advise taking advantage of the discount and get both. You'll get a ton of mileage out of them and really have all tonal genres covered.

Hey will, what guitar / s are you using w the vintage pack ?
    My experience has been that certain gits work better w certain amps, or should I say sound better, imo, ..

Exactly what is your setup ? Are you using a seperate headphone amp ? or are you having trouble with the headphone output on the Kemper ?
    What guitar / s are you using with what profiles ?
    I play mainly thru h.p.'s olsd AKG K240DF and they sound f'n great !
    Try Will Chen's headphone adjustments to the reverb, you may prefer that sound.

I'd settle for something as good as a blackface sound, 65 Deluxe reverb or Super Reverb, the list goes on .
    Just give me that long spring sound instead of this boingie thing. :rolleyes:

From the wiKPA: "There is a really good (bad) ;) sounding spring reverb in the KPA. It's called Matchbox in the Reverb section. Set pre-delay to 0, limit the bandwidth a little bit (watch out, there's a lot happening between 0.0 and 1.0 already) and use frequency to turn it brighter. I have a few spring reverbs here (Accutronics, Dynacord, no name...) and the KPA can capture their vibes easily."

It's o.k. but with a product as good as the Kemper there should be a vintage Fender tube unit.
    The spings on this one a bit short.

Does a real fuzz pedal in front of kemper soun anything like the internal fuzz effect?
    ..cause I really dont like the modelled fuzz effect in stomp box section :pinch:

The Ox Fuzz sounds different cause it is a different fuzz, they all have their own characteristics.
    That said, I've been able to dial up some decent fuzz sounds using the internal Kemper fuzz too, especially using a Firebird.

have fun!

Kemper loves FUZZ!

My pedals sound great. I'm using them just as I would with any guitar amp, straight into the front.
    Next I'll be trying some effects like spring rev'b and trem into the effects loop on the rear.
    I could'nt make out all the names of your fuzz pedals, but that's an impressive collection.
    Do you have an Ox Fuzz ?

If you are looking for profiles to record or for practice, don't overlook amps like AC 30's , which sound great for bass, when recording.
    There's a 100 watt Marshall bass amp in the profiles too. I just wish there was one with the matching bass cab.
    Quite a few Fender bassman profiles to choose from too....not to mention all the great Ampegs and usuall bass amps.

Thanks ...Can't wait to hear a Nick Greer Ghetto stomp or an Ox Fuzz with some of Andy's vintage amps...
    I guess my next purchase should be a spring reverb to put in the effects loop.

I want to try some of my fuzz and o.d. pedals thru the Kemper but am a bit reluctant to add that much gain to the signal....don't want to blow it up .
    Is it safe to plug real pedals into the Kemper ?

I've been trying Will's idea of room / reverb adjustments for headphone use and found it can work quite nice and achieves the result of being in the room.
    When I play thru studio monitors in an actual small room I find it sounds more natural to turn the reverb button to the off pos. Why would I add another room size to the room I'm actually in ? but now all I have is my room size. This is where it would really be nice to be able to add some spring reverb. Whatta you say Mr Kemper ?