Posts by amiller

I can understand the worry and anxieties to an extent. Yes, my Kemper seems to have more than enough memory to meet my needs...it does what I want it to do. But, what if CK comes up with a fantastic OS upgrade down the road that gives us some more truely amazing functionality BUT the current Kemper hardware just doesn't have enough memory or other hardware resource to make it work? The only choices would be to be left behind with the "old" Kemper or lay out a bunch more $$$$ to get a newer future model. I'm a telecoms support guy and I see this kind of thing all the time. New OS comes out that requires more resources than the current platform has...so...upgrade.
    The thing is, this is true of ANY such platform. It is the nature of the beast. Cell phones, computers, gaming toys etc. So, a little anxiety about being left behind will always exist. At the same time, it's always cool to have new toys available to us...if we have the cash. The Kemper and it's ongoing OS upgrades makes it seem like we're getting a new toy everytime there's a FW upgrade. Enjoy it while it last and be happy when the next greatest bestes toy comes along. :D

As I mentioned before, I don't hear a difference in the tone of the two versions. I'm sure those that do are sincere just as CK is sincere when he assures us that there is no difference in tone. I'm not sure how or if this can be reconciled.
    But...
    I, for one, really appreciate that CK is so passionate about this product...enough so that he is willing to participate in this thread. I have had "real" issues with other products and the company producing them totally ignored any complaints. My hats off to CK for demonstrating a continued passion for a great product and a willingness to discuss our concerns in an open forum...THANKS!

Well, I'm not really trying to get the Kemper to sound like my Lonestar. I'm just saying pedals in front of the Kemper do not have the same character they have in front of a live rig...by a long shot. So much so, I don't find them as useful in front of the Kemper as the Kemper's own internal pedals especially after 1.6 fixed the Green Screamer.

I used to be a big time audiophile. I'd read every magizine or piece of literature about high end stereos I could get may hands on. I've more or less grown out of that phase ... 'probably just transfered that obsession to guitar playing and recording. :D
    Anyway, I remember reading an article about a double blind test aimed at high end stereos vs low end. The test had two stereo rigs setup in identical rooms...one room for high end and the other for low end. The test listeners were professional audiophile critics that reviewed and wrote about different stereo offerings. The test was spread out over three days. The idea of the test .... the critics had to listen to an identical piece of music on both of systems and determine which was the high end system and which was the low end system. The subjects consistently got it WRONG half of the time. The subjects would also reverse themselves from day to day.
    I'm happy with 1.6 and don't hear a difference...today. :D
    I guess the only way to resolve this is to have Kemper do their own testing through electrical engineering equipment and post the results. I fully trust the results will be accurate and unbiased. But, it won't make any difference to me anyway 'cause, as I wrote, I don't hear a difference...at least, not today. :D