Posts by gibson5413

Edie: I just listened back and a couple have some clipping issues. I should have fixed that but you can at least hear the basic tones. SORRY!

Here are some VERY ROUGH clips of a couple of the profiles contained in the pack. My favorites at least. When I get some time I will put together a more pro style video where I'm not just improvising and noodling:

1983 Marshall JCM800 Profiles 70 & 71

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1993 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Profile 77

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Friedman BE100 Profiles 1 & 59

Soursound Profiles Profiles 29, 31, 32 and 33

Ivan is it really 400 Euro to hire the SLO brother? If so and depending how stupid i get after the beer (usually more beer more stupid) i am thinking about saving up for Christmas :rolleyes: and "helping" i would still pay full price for the pack but man, you got skills and i like Chad really want that amp brother FROM YOU, yeah okay I am a "Fanboi" :rolleyes::love::D . for the SLO/Ivan's skills.
    But it really that expensive? And have i got more chances of getting pregnant then you doing an SLO :rolleyes:8o

Ash

Agreed! If anyone can capture the SLO it is Ivan!

You're going to love it Ash! Great mix of profiles for humbucker and single coil equipped guitars. There are some of my favorite Friedman BE-100 profiles available and I love the Mesa Boogie Dual Recto. Make sure to use the PDF that accompanies it. It's a great guide for what you look for with these.

Ok...I am sorry to keep slobbing all over this pack but WOW!! I finally had some time to spend with the pack as a whole and ran through each profile with the PDF that I found on the STL website. The PDF gives detail on the amps, cabs, speakers, boosts, effects, guitar, pickup selection and mic combination. So much went into this incredible pack and I am getting so much value and use from it. It isn't just a heavy metal high gain fest. Don't get me wrong...it has some amazing profiles for that but it really runs the gamut for tones. The Recto profiles even behave like a real recto. The unboosted profiles have that little bit of flub (although usable with these) and the boosted ones tighten up. The Friedman BE profiles are some of the best I've ever played. The Soursound, VOX and Fender profiles are so great for clean to low gain. There is a great set of Marhsall JMP and JCM800 profiles that just rock the house!

I can't recommend this pack enough. I don't know if STL Tones lurk here much but thank you so much for this pack!

I just took a chance on the Kris Crummett pack based on the tones I heard from the YouTube video (

External Content www.youtube.com
    ). I'm so glad I did!! I have found at least 10 -15 profiles that will easily be part of my home recording. Not just high gain but I found one of my favorite mid gain and low gain profiles for my Anderson Classic (Tom's version of a standard strat). Some of the coolest single coil tones I have found with the Soursound profiles (based on the Soursound SS150).

Thanks so much STL!!

Either Bogner Ecstasy B100, Diezel VH4, Soldano Hot Rod, Marshall Kerry King or Friedman PT20. Can't decide yet tbh. First to finish some updates. Then lock myself in the studio and hit the lights! \m/

I would love to have your take on the Bogner XTC. That would be my choice for sure. I'm really hoping you can get your hands on a Soldano SLO. I feel like we have never really gotten really good (actual) SLO profiles. Just my $.02!

I finally got home and tried out these Helios profiles. Like Ash said...They're awesome!! I have only had time to try it with my Anderson Classic (his version of a Fender Strat) and it sounds awesome!! I'll play around with my humbuckers and tomorrow and start working on a clip! Thanks for these!!!

This will be an automatic buy from me!

Recorded a new clip with profile #3 from this awesome pack. A cover version of Joe Satriani - A Door Into Summer. Not perfect in the playing department but I love the tones for sure! Used the Kemper for the bass track as well. Thanks Dan!!!

Just bought the Fredman!! I can't wait to get and try them!!

In honor of the purchase I put together a quick clip of one of my favorite profiles from the Mr 5:25 pack (profile #04). A cover of one of my favorite songs from The Cult - Fire Woman. All guitars (rhythm and lead) are recorded with my Tom Anderson Bulldog and no post processing. What you hear is the straight profile.