Posts by paults

MIDI mergers USED to be very common. But, Keyboardists don't need them anymore, because all of their gear is designed with much deeper MIDI implementation - everything works on 16+ simultaneous channels of MIDI, and the MIDI connector itself has been replaced by USB . It has been that way for a LONG time.

Guitarists have had very little use for MIDI (to the point where each new generation of MIDI guitar gear tends to do LESS with MIDI).

Since there is pretty much no demand, used MIDI Merge/Split boxes and MIDI patch bays are DIRT CHEAP. Look at eBay, and at used gear in stores. They really never "break" - there's not much to them.

A MIDI MERGE box could be used to combine the Kemper MIDI THRU and OUT signals. That would send both the TAP controller, and the Kemper's sent program changes to the TF.

Note: You want a MIDI MERGE box that also allows the Kemper MIDI Out to be sent alone back to the pedalboard.

If you can't find one of those, you'll *also* need a MIDI SPLIT BOX:

With two boxes, it would be like this:

KPA MIDI OUT to
    MIDI SPLIT BOX

MIDI SPLIT BOX to
    - FOOT CONTROLLER
    - and to MIDI MERGE BOX

KPA MIDI THRU to
    MIDI MERGE BOX

MIDI MERGE BOX to TF

simple, yes? ;)

WITH THE DELAY:
    You can use "Delay Ratio" to make the delay a little behind on just one side. Try 100% wet, with the shortest possible delay, and use Delay ratio to spread one channel slightly wider.

Have you played with PITCH? It can give you a more realistic "two guitars at once" effect than stereo delay, because the "other" guitar(s) can be detuned a little.

Also, from the manual (I've not tried this one):

Stereo Widener
    Not an equalizer in the traditional sense, but it does use equalisation to work its magic. By emphasizing certain frequencies on one stereo side, while attenuating them on the other, it creates a subtle stereo effect. This is done symmetrically, so that when the signal is summed to mono, the effect is completely canceled out with no coloration to the sound.
    Use “Intensity” to control the impact to the sound. At higher values of “Intensity” you can actually drive the sound out of phase; this is not a problem, however, as the sound still stays mono compatible.
    With “Tune”, you can tweak the effect to your taste by shifting the focus towards lower or higher frequencies.

Once these problems are fixed -

If you still have 3000+ rigs in your Kemper when 2.3 has been successfully installed, you will have to remove those "extra" 2000+ rigs in multiple steps, if you want to do it in RM from the Kemper.

Rig Manager does not read more than 1000 rigs in the Kemper (mine had over that when I loaded all the new 2.3 version presets).

RM will display 1000 of the rigs - remove some from the Kemper, and then close, and reopen Rig Manager. It will read 1000 rigs from the Kemper.

Delete, and repeat....

A QUICKER WAY TO GET ALL THOSE RIGS: If you have a backup file with those 3000+ rigs (you DO have many of them, don't you), just Mount it in RM, and get the rigs from it, instead.

[b]I still can't access the rig ex.It just keeps jacking off at the bottom of the screen with its 'requesting, connecting' with no rigs being captured. And when testing connection, it fails everytime. Don't know whats up with that. Not sure why it fails since its just my Kemper site ID and password. Oh well, at least I have access to my own stuff.

Fortunately its not a critical app for me since I long ago scrubbed my KPA of all but around 50 profiles. But it would be nice if it just worked. Still the effort is much appreciated and I'm sure it all will be sorted in time. Thanks K-team!

Use your Kemper site EMAIL ADDRESS and password.

BTW - "All Rigs" view includes the Rig Exchange list, too. The "Location" column shows um....er....the location.

Your cabinets are also in several other rigs that I found in my older downloads.

Enable the view of "Cabinet Author", "Cabinet Artist", "Amp Artist" columns - the search results will all become clear.

The Rig date is updated on the new ones. If you don't want both, that makes it easy to see which to delete in Rig Manager, if you sort by "Rig Name"