Posts by giletti

Have seen better ones - much better ones. There are reviews with more details, more serious testing, more sound samples and more real amp versus profiled amp comparisons - just search.

In the Internet age everything is mainstream anyway. Magazines can be nice (the Guitarist from the UK i.e.), but then who cares about magazines for reviews anymore these days. It's only one source of information.

Interestingly enough though all sources like the Kemper and most them really, really like it. After 9 months of playing it Iam still excited about this thing, but then who am I.

Martin,
    Cheers from Canada

P.S.: Trust your own ears.

Thanks for all your recommendations, but not all options are easily available where I am. Mackie and RCF i.e. where not as available.

I went to a local store and rented the QSC K12 for a week, but decided on a Yamaha DXR12 later on. After playing through it for a few days it is obvious that the DXR12 sounds more neutral at least at lower to medium volumes. I have not had a chance to put it through its paces - meaning at stage volume levels, but I did not have to lower the bass frequencies on the KPA Monitor EQ as with the K12 to make it sound comparing it to my reference headphones (Beyerdynamic T90). Additionally, the speaker sounds simply better, i.e. the mid and high frequencies sound smoother and the bass / mid response is more precise - all while playing through the KPA.

Finally, when connecting a normal music source through the RCA input channel the Yamaha speaker also sounded better and more neutral than the QSC K12 :thumbup: .

Of course all this is according to my ears .... I am a bit surprised about this outcome as the QSC K12 is more expensive.

Did I get a bad QSC K12 rental speaker maybe ?
    Has anybody else compared the QSC K12 with the Yamaha DXR12 ?
    What are your experiences with the DXR 12 ?

I really love my KPA sound through the DXR12 and the fact that I now have a universal speaker that can be used for so many occasions (stage monitor, band rehearsal with mixing in a microphone or simply for parties :thumbup: ) - so much better than any 4x12".

Cheers,
    Martin

Hey folks

I'm new to this forum. I am using my KPA for a week now via some good Shure headphones and had no chance to play through a better setup as I was only ever playing through a 50 watts 2x12 combo amp with no access to a PA system. I am looking for some powered, neutral speakers to play through with the kpa cab simulation enabled.

I have no clue about PA type speakers - could you give me some help through opinions, reading materials, links, etc. on what to look out for when choosing a decent FRFR (?) speaker for the kpa ? Any sort of specs I should look out for or be aware of ? To give you an idea it should be as sufficient as a 50 watt 2x12 combo amp for clubs and pub style venues.

Does anybody have experiences with Behringer speakers, for example Behringer B612d and B615d ?
    They seem inexpensive and can be used as wedge monitor and mounted on stands, which seems quite nice. Also,the ability to have a 2nd input for mic's is great. Daisy chaining for stereo use sounds fantastics and very flexible for a band practicing room or from simple partying to DJ'ing.

http://www.behringer.com/DE/Products/B612D.aspx

Cheers,
    Martin