Posts by allright

Yes with some settings of the Grafhic EQ before the amp-stack:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Received the AGL bloody rocka profile packets, haha.. jaja. Played in the bedroom over DXR10 en DXR12, there is for sure ACDC insides these profiles. There are good profiles for ACDC in RM, but these profiles are just good with tele/lp without turning the knobs. Even when the gain raise the sound stays natural without being harsh. Next week try them in the rehearselroom on loud volume....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Navychippie, welcome and as Neoland says behringer + uno chip is ok. Otherwise take the Remote and some external footpedals.
    @Neoland zijn er meer Kempers in Den Helder, ik dacht dat ik de enige was :)

After about 2 years with the Yamaha dxr12 as FOH or as monitor with new HPF en LPF in the EQ en absolutely Pure Cab (>5.0) everything is now falling in its place.
    As monitor the dxr12 sounds the best about 1m or more above the ground and away from corners, then the boomyness is gone.
    The dxr10 sounds a little more as an guitarcab, specially as monitor.
    But the dxr12 sound better as FOH specially on >10m.
    And still the cab sim-choice is the most important factor.

Last night i was drinking for about € 50..... now i have an headache.
    My wife cost me about € 500 each month.
    I think i send my wife to my mother in law for 2 weeks.
    Then i have the commercial pack for free.
    I only wondering who's cooking the next weeks, because i can't.

Hey Mike,

You forget me... haha.
    Glad it helps you.
    Cutting bass and highs is the way to tame most profiles.
    Changing cabs is the way to "flatten" the frequencies too fit an PA speaker.
    Find a few cabs to match with your brand PA.
    Put off the noise gate and rise the defenition to get rit of "the blanket" sound.

Good luck.

Gr. Peter.

Pfffffff............................

This afternoon played an Mesa Boogie lone star, a DV mark multiamp with DV mark 2x12 (2 of them in stereo).
    Played the kemper over the poweramp from the DV mark through the DV Mark 2x12's

I don't like "the amp in front of your bottom sound" anymore....
    Strange.

I quickly went home, put on the Kemper and the dxr's and yes there was the sound i like.

Maybe i need brain surgery.

I think my expectations comparing live sound and how the kemper sound exellent with (some) headphones are to high.

Adios...

Hoi Viabcroce,

"Hey Peter, are you comparing the monitors and the cab at the same volume?"
    I think I do not understand your question quite well.
    But what I do is:

Rehearsel:
    - kemper main xlr -> mixer (flat eq) -> 2 x dxr's 12 (xlr input at 12 o"çlock, other 2 inputs at zero,)
    - kemper monitor jack -> 1 x dxr (xlr input at 12 o"çlock, other 2 inputs at zero)
    Dxr 10 ( monitor): behind in the 45 angle position.
    Kemper Main and monitor sound almost the same (dxr 12 has in comparing to the dxr 10 a little more bas).
    Both kemper main/monitor output: EQ is flat.
    DXR 10/12: DSP-off, HPF: off

Small venue:
    - kemper main xlr -> mixer (flat eq) -> 2 x dxr's 12 (xlr input at 12 o"çlock, other 2 inputs at zero,)
    - monitoring with 2 x dxr 10 through the mixer (flat eq) (xlr input at 12 o"çlock, other 2 inputs at zero)
    Dxr 10 (2 x monitor): in front in the 45 angle position.
    Both kemper main/monitor output: EQ is flat.
    DXR 10/12: DSP-on, HPF: off

Big venue:
    - kemper main xlr -> mixer (eq by house engineer)
    - kemper monitor jack -> 1 x dxr 10 ( dxr 10 behind in the stand-up position, xlr input at 12 o"çlock, other 2 inputs at zero,)
    - monitoring through the mixer to the venue monitor(s)

By the way i hear no sound difference between the xlr/jack inputs on de dxr's. Same withe the kemper main xlr/jack outputs, only the main jack outputs produce a little bit more volume. Further are the dxr's (10 and 12) excellent for every kind of music (as a dj) en good for live singing (man/woman), drums. keyboard, sax etc.
    Only i have problems with translating the guitar->kemper->dxr's (hahaha... :(

" And, did you tweak the profiles for the monitors?"

For main and monitor output: I keep all outputs on the kemper eq: flat.
    Input sense etc. make no big difference.
    Always put off the noise gate.
    Almost put in every profile an studioEQ with hpf cut between -3/-6 db and between 80/400 hz).
    Play with definition
    Almost always change (stock) cab to mesa buma or "LOR".

I do OS updates and resets frequently.
    Have commercial TAF en Soundside profiles.
    But still not satisfied (yes i drink beer every weekend and happy married).

Gr. Peter.

Hey Nightlight,

I think most profiles are to bassy for the DXR's. In my Sennheiser, AKG and other (quite flat) headphones, Yamaha HS monitors most of the profiles (free and paid) sound quite well. But those profiles sound never good on the DXR's. It's no only me, many other musicians say the same. Tweaking the clean profiles is quite easy to get an good sound on the DXR's, definition/change cab, studioEQ for cut the bass. Distorded profiles give a big problem, always to bassy. With the studioEQ i can level (cut) the bass to make it equal in volume with the mid and highs. Then go to the rehearsel room play it loud and then have to tweak the clean en distorded profiles a little bit again.

I tried more expensive guitars from some friends and this did not solve the problems.
    I read already 1,5 years this and other forums and many time most people are satisfied with the DXR's. There are some who have their doubte (same me).
    Of course i played on (simple) other brand PA's but it never satisfied.

When I play live with the same profiles in the band, i can get the kemper sound quite well with the dxr's (10 and 12). I know profiles can sound good on their own and bad in the mix and vice versa. And it makes a difference to hear the kemper through the dxr's for instance 5m or 40m. Maybe this explaines why profiles can sound bassy in a rehearsal room (or on stage) and sound good in the mix for the audience at 20m or further.

At bigger performance with another FOH system, the sound engineer mostly do the tweaking on the mixer (31 band eq), so bigger performance sound always quite well.

So the conclusion with the dxr's is, they can sound good, but i have to tweak quite many profiles the get the sound right. And many profiles i cannot use, even after tweaking.
    I know it's not the kemper, because with (flatter) studiomonitors/headphones many profiles sound ok. Only in the headphones i can say some are sounding excellent.

Peter.

Hello MisterB,

When I use the dxr 10/12 as monitor i did the same before. But play in a small place i use the dxr12's as FOH and the dxr 10's for monitoring the whole band. So i put the 10/'s and 12's in FOH mode and low cut off. So i can hear from the monitors allmost exactly how the auditions hear the sound from the 12's.

Gr. Peter.

Hey Youthpatrol,

Yes i did the same, before i uses input 7/8, now use spdif and put and activate hpf (about 120hz) and an lpf (about 7,5Khz). Works good. As an extra I put always in slot-x an studio-EQ when i play at rehearsals and don't have the motu with me. By the way Motu is super and can work alone without an pc/laptop (as you know :)

And realy cutting the bass is the solution with Yamaha DXR's.

Gr. Peter.