Posts by lightbox

This rainbow effect is caused by a little more pressure on the glass/surface of the display at one or more points. It's not broken yet, but of course I would send it to Kemper if you still have warranty.

Correct I transposed -3

Ok, great. Now can you please confirm that you can easily eliminate these clicks with a Gate 2:1 and Threshold 5.0 in the slot before the Transpose Effect?
    I just want to make sure that the problem doesn't exist with 100% silence but with 99.9% silence so to speak. :)

To tell you, what I experience with Transpose (Pitch Shift):
    There's some strange noise, yes. I can easily fight the noise during (seemingly) silence with a Gate. So that makes me think that there's still some noise even if I don't pick or touch a string, which becomes much more audible when I transpose it down a bit. Maybe the audio signal needs some clean & rinse before it gets transposed? Of course it could be a bug. But my current impression is that nothing, CK and his team program, would introduce accidentially generated noise. But I would really like to listen to your noise/clicks to see if it's the same that I hear on my lunchbox.

Cheers,
    Martin

Deleting the Temporary Internet Files incl. Cookies solved the issue for me (Win8 64bit, IE10, FF21).
    Thanks again for (finally) solving the www problem. :thumbup:

PS: Not sure why there is a 302 redirect now (temporary instead of permanent), but maybe it's just because you're testing it before you switch to permanent redirect?

They do have a "Community Manager". He's called DonPetersen and he does a pretty good job, as far as I can tell ... but.
    I don't know what his main occupation is, but he's certainly not full time Community Manager and he obviously has very limited access to the technical side of things on the Kemper website. Maybe he even lacks experience and knowledge to take care of the forum's and rig exchange's backend. So for me it looks like they're a small company but they already have an issue with spread responsibilities. Person A read some complaints in the forum, Person A has to tell person B, person B has to decide if the complaints should be addressed and then tell person C to take action. Person C now contacts person D to make it happen. Wow, lots of people involved to fix a potentially very small issue.
    That's the reason, why I am Community Manager AND administrator in a huge german web community. I can immediately take action in all parts of the entire service and I do. It's just so much quicker and more efficient if you don't have to run through a variety of administrative levels.

My general impression ist, that Kemper makes the same mistake that many other companies still make. Community is a necessary by-product with low priority and little attention to detail and to value of community feedback is given.

Cheers,
    Martin

... they would certainly sooner or later come to a point where they want to do their own profiles.

Not only own profiles, but also to create and edit their own rigs, modify and save effects and amp parameters, organize their rigs for gigs incl. the Perform Mode that I hope will be released for the KPA soon, have external control via a floorboard, have effects loop and more I/O options.
    Many good and valid reasons to go for the "big" KPA, imho.

To isolate and reconfirm the issue, it would be helpful to record this clicking, normalize the audio file and provide this audio file including the rig or at least the exact settings. I'm still not sure if we all experience the same.

For some reason you guys still believe, that I want 80% functionality for 20% price, but that's simply not true.
    I want a Rig Player, yes. But this device should not have ANY editing, saving, creating rigs capabilities. Just a few necessary volume adjustments and a few buttons to switch on/off stomp boxes. In terms of manual functionality this would be roughly 5% of what you can do with the lunchbox for 20% of the price. Does this make more sense for you guys now? It's about a player, not anything editor.

Will_Chen: Nobody asked for different hardware. They could use exactly the same DSP and most of the other electronic components. You don't have to change code if you minimze a circuit board or redesign the case.

burningyen: There would certainly be a couple of cases where conditionals are great, but in most cases, it's much easier. You don't have to change code that modifies reverb time by turning Knob 1, if there simply isn't a Knob 1. Just leave the code as is. Very simple.

Cheers,
    Martin

I think in this case, swarm intelligence can potentially be a big help. Just think of rmpacheco's Morgan AC20, which was discussed and praised in the forums many times. This should be a pretty good indicator that it might be worth trying it. Of course it might still not fit your taste, but the chance that it's a well made profile is very high. If many people try a few profiles each and comment, rate, share audio examples ... then it would be much more fun to make use of this great resource, imho.

The Rig Exchange is missing pretty much everything to make use of "swarm intelligence". No comments possible, no attachment of audio examples possible, no direct linking to individual Rig Exchange profiles possible.

Natürlich Frieden, bloß nix persönlich nehmen. Ich diskutiere gerne hart in der Sache. Das mit dem "bullshit" tut mir leid, weil das im anderen Sprachraum wesentlich rüder rüberkommt, als wenn ich auf deutsch mal eben schnell "schwachsinn" schreibe. Egal, Lebbe geht waida, wie ein berühmter Ex-Frankfurter mal sagte. :)

Der eigentliche Punkt ist der, dass die Technologie doch schon komplett vorhanden ist und vom Markt auch angenommen wird. Drastisch reduzierter Funktionsumfang sollte nicht schwer zu implementieren sein. Weglassen sollte immer einfach sein. Das heißt für mich, dass man das nötige "Zeugs" nur in den passenden Formfaktor bringen muss und auf der Code-Seite eigentlich nichts ändern muss, außer der Besaftung eines kleinen LCDs und die wenigen verbleibenden Controls auf entsprechende Tasten legen muss. Das sollte keine Aktion sein, an der sowas komplett scheitert, obwohl es natürlich etwas Arbeit ist. Von nix kommt nix.

Ich glaube, dass manche noch nicht verstehen, dass ich nicht "nur" das Profiling weglassen würde, sondern im Grunde alles, was Rig-Erstellung und Änderung von Parametern angeht. Nur ganz essenzielle Dinge sollten da drin sein. Wenn Mercedes für die S-Klasse ein Airbag entwickelt hat, dann muss ein Smart nicht auch 80.000 Euro kosten, nur weil er auch den Airbag hat. Der Smart hat eben viele andere Dinge nicht und das ist ok so. Wenn Technologie mal vorhanden und "erprobt" ist, dann kann man sie problemlos einer Menge von Anwendungen in unterschiedlichen Preissegmenten zuführen. Vielleicht machts das deutlicher, was ich genau meine.

PS: Sorry, but this had to be german :) Will switch back to english now.

While you're certainly right that planning, manufacturing, distributing is some added work ... isn't this the basis of entrepreneurship? It's not a reason for not doing it, it's not an issue that is impossible to solve. It's no more than a business decision.

... maintain multiple code bases ...

I would think that there's not much of a different code base to maintain since the actual technology would be same but with heavily shrinked form factor and limited controls. The lack of specific knobs and LEDs doesn't necessarily require a different code base. At least that's what I learned in 15 years of interactive multimedia programming with custom hardware controls.

Well, if you say so then it must be right :)
    Go and buy a Zoom G1! You get what you pay for.

You know very well that I'm right in terms of price tag and sales quantities.
    And regarding the Zoom G1Next: Actually I bought more than one and I made very good use of them ... but very different than you might expect.

And regardless of our entertaining discussion:
    What exactly do you want to tell me/us: That we should just shut up and forget our request just because you think it's impossible? Is it that? Let me tell you in german: "Dem Ingenieur ist nichts zu schwör"

Go sell the KPA, if it's unusable for you and if you don't know how to fight noise with a simple Gate. It's just as simple as that.
    Of course the Pitch Shifter noise is nasty and CK should fix that. But if you're not patient enough for this to happen, use a Gate or sell the shit.