Posts by lightbox

Hi Geraldo,

the Category 5 isn't part of the particular sound you're trying to achieve (High Water Everywhere). He usually combines his Marshall Silver Jubilee with either a Van Weelden Twinkleland or a Carol Ann. The latter is placed on the left side of his rig instead of the second Van Weelden sometimes. There's a nice Carol Ann OD2 in Andy's (TAF) first amp collection, and it can be bought individually. It's not the more powerful JB-100 custom built for Joe and it's not the downsized TX-50 either. But it's a good start for sure.

Here's the Carol Ann in action without the Marshall fatness so you can enjoy the singing beauty of a Carol Ann. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have unfortuately not the time budget to follow every question and every thread from beginning to the end.

Maybe not every thread, but the most important ones ... which I'm sure you do whenever you have some time.
    But I think the few answers you post aren't very helpful regarding the original question asked. You tend to defend your product with a knife in your mouth and no matter how your response is perceived by your customers. Yes sir, we are your customers, not a stupid swarm. This remark was way over the top, sorry but I have to say so. The majority of users is not responsible for individual faults. And by far the majority here is very happy and convinced by your product. No need to defend it like a pitbull. ;)

And we feel free not to comment future software updated, since we get get copied already by our competition.

Of course you're free to comment or not comment on anything here. But let me tell you that a librarian isn't rocket science and no competitor will get totally psyched if you publicly state that this is in the works and that it is expected to see daylight in April or May for example. The "no comment" policy is valid for some parts of your product and development ... but it's kind of ridiculous to try to make everything a top secret pentagon case.

Just my 1550 Euro on this topic,
    Martin

Nice Playing, Geraldo :)
    I think you pretty much did the Marshall Silver Jubilee part, this great fat body of his guitar sound. But sadly the Van Weelden Twinkleland (or Carol Ann, depending on the song) part is still missing and that's the icing on the cake, the glossy shiny top end of his amazing sound. I think Joe is really hard to copy without a second rig (which currently means a second KPA or some re-amping).

Not sure if you know this particular video, especially from 3:30 on. It demonstrates very well, how both amps combine:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lightbox, No idea why that would happen? - I get no more/no less than any other profile at matching gain levels. - so not even sure what to suggest.

I've recorded a very simple demo of the issue I get. The profiles are 100% unchanged. Noise Gate setting is 2.4, guitar and pickups is Fender American Standard Strat with Custom Shop Fat 50s Strat Pickups at position 2 (bridge&middle pickup).

1. Tone: AFLJ-Lazyj 80 Full
    2. Tone: AFV-63 Vibrolux Full
    3. Tone: AFLJ-Lazyj 40 Full

I think the issue is pretty obvious and as I mentioned before, I didn't have this with any of the profiles I bought from you. I put my #1 profile in the middle, because it demonstrates the difference to the LazyJs. I wish the noise levels of the LazyJs would be as low as the Vibrolux, because I really like their character a lot.

Cheers,
    Martin

Ok, I just bought them and here's my very brief review:
    I think you guys know that I'm a huge fan of Andy's work and I was very curious to try the LazyJ amp rigs. Well, the amp sound itself, the character is fantastic, great, awesome, etc.

There's just one strange issue that I didn't expect at all. The profiles are kind of noisy. :S
    Until now I had my Noise Gate set to 2.2 - 2.4 for my Strat and the Les Paul. All profiles I bought from Andy are just brilliant ... but the LazyJs are different. The 40 and the 80 make some considerable noise even if I'm not playing. All 3 amps make quite some disturbing and kind of "electronic" noise during sustain and decay. Sounds very strange when I consider the quality of Andy's other products.

Maybe there's an easy fix for this. But even then it's kind of strange because none of his other amps ever needed something like a fix for me. Hope this can be corrected in some way, otherwise I would ask for a refund. Would be really sad though, because the amps have lots of character and they feel nice as I mentioned before. They have good potential to be among my top 10 profiled amps ... if the above problem were gone. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

Ok, I just tried to reconfirm your issue. I saved an existing rig as .onamassa - Dust Bowl, then I made a backup and looked into it on my PC. The rig is there, but its filename has been changed to -onamassa - DustBowl. So the KPA OS converted the decimal point into a dash. I'm on OS version 1.7.0, not sure if this behaviour is new to this OS version though.

One more interesting effect is, that in the list of rigs in Windows Explorer, sorted by file name, the above rig appears not at the beginning or end of the list but between letter O and P. So this is an indicator that the dash is simply ignored by Windows' sorting

Cheers,
    Martin

Too bad Andy does'nt sell this rig on its own, I would love trying it!

If there ever existed one rig that is able to demonstrate the whole tube profiling potential of the lunchbox, then it's the "AFV-63 Vibrolux Full". This rig alone is worth the Vintage & Rare Amp Collection price ... and you get 66 more great rigs. Honestly, if you like this kind of amps, go for it. Remember that you would have to pay thousands of Euros to get the real thing. :)

• You've made a backup.
    • Make a copy of the backup file.
    • Rename the backup file to mybackup.tar (The file suffix tar is the important part).
    • If you have a corresponding file compression tool like WinRAR, you can now umcompress the backup file to a new folder.
    • If you now open the new folder with the uncompressed backup, you should see lots of folders with one of them being "Rigs".
    • Inside "Rigs" you will find all the rigs that have been saved with the backup.
    • On Windows you should always see ALL rig files, even those with a leading decimal point. On other systems like Linux or Unix based OSX, files with a leading decimal point can be hidden. In case of leading decimal points in file names it's not a matter of what's behind the point but only a matter of "there's nothing in front of the decimal point".

Kemper decided (for good reason) to keep the rig filename convention to "name - date time.kipr". If they had it "date time - name.kipr" the decimal point issue couldn't arise. But it would be way more difficult to have your rigs sorted by actual name of course.

Just a short clarification from my side:
    I didn't complain about the existance of the space parameter. I complained about the missing option to switch it off on the main output while you can enjoy it in your headphones while you're playing.

.... with spdif 3 ms input and 4 ms output delay

With my Firewire driven Liquid Saffire Pro 56 I get input latency of 1.125ms and output latency of 1.75ms @ 48kHz sample rate.
    I can't tell if this is because of the Firewire connection because I've avoided USB so far (apart from the Scarlett 2i4 i bought for a specific mobile recording endeavour 1 month from now). But it's really nice to have this low latency.

what did you mean about negative being not supplied by USB

I guess he meant the fact that it can't be powered by USB cable like the smaller USB interfaces, in other words: You need a power supply.