Posts by Topher

It said Marshall Valve MA1100. Same thing here I can't find anything. Unless it was MA1 100? I just wanted to show how the Kemper works not paying to much attention to the amp or saving my name or settings properly. I was actually pretty happy when I got back home and checked it out. I will have to give them a call and ask them what the amp said, and hope that their guitarist won't be upset that I copied it.

So, I went up north to visit family and jam with old band mates.I showed off the Kemper and they asked about it and I decided to give profiling a shot on their new guitarists Marshall 1100 ( at least that's what I recall it saying on it) I only profiled once with a little bit of gain and was pretty happy with the result. Needless to say they were blown away with the Kemper. I added Tills 1960 Marshall cab to the rig for spice. Hope you like. Gonna get more in depth and profile my Blackstar HT-60 next with many settings. It's on the forum Marshall 1100 author Ce.

But if you can't, not that I'm throwing names around. Dr. Phil is a very close friend and I could ask him for advice on how to help. I'm sure there are some psychiatrists on the free forum, but they will not be able to offer the level of advice that an expert like Dr. Phil can. :P

Exactly!!!

Awesome. Thank you for letting me know your findings. This is the news I was hoping to hear. Looks like I might be in the market for a dxr10. Did you happen to compare it to the dxr12? I play both hard rock (breaking benjamin style) and acoustic and just wondered if there is a difference in speaker size or if that's all just hype.

I really think the 12 would be overkill. I get plenty of low end with the 10. I think I have read that someone compared the 10 and 12 and the 10 won hands down for this application.

I couldn't agree more! Like you I based my purchase off others reviews and glad I did! I can't believe how great this speaker is for the Kemper. I get deep bass and high end clarity that just puts a big ole grin on my face. :D

On another note I bought the Matchless Cheiftan profile last night and notice it's very quiet compared to all my other profiles. Is the best way to get the volume up while retaining the character to turn up the amp volume or cab volume? :|

Sell the Thump and get the Yahmaha DXR10 and you'll be blown away! You will be regretting selling the Kemper down the road without first trying better speaker. The Thump is just not the right speaker for the Kemper. The same could be said for someone who loves rap listening through earbuds instead of monitor headphones. Gotta have the right setup to truly get the big picture.

Wow! The wait for over a year was so worth it! I just messed with this unit for a couple hours and can not believe how real this thing is. Thank you Mr. Kemper and thank you everyone who shares their wonderful rigs with the rest of us. I just can't put into words how this will impact my playing for years to come. I have played guitar for 22 years and have bought and sold and re bought and resold so much junk in the past searching for that tone. I have it and more now. I can actually play and own thousand dollar amps upon thousand dollar amps and not only sound like the real deal, but feel the same :thumbup: .

I decided to buy a Yahmaha DXR10 because of the positive reviews on this forum ( more thanks to all of you for the insight) and I am blown away by how great this marriage is with the Kemper. So glad I did not go with FAS as I was initially gonna do about a year ago. Sure there may be more effects, but why would I want to hide my tone and my mistakes behind all of that? Besides, Cliff is a doucebag; Yes I said it!!! :evil:

Once again, thank you to all of you who have helped me in this decision unbeknownst to you by providing great advice,samples and profiles to die for.

I just received mine last night and got to play for a short time and was blown away. I can't imagine what other gems I'm gonna find! Like you I have bought so much in the past 20 years and never felt satisfied, I'm confident that search is over amp tone wise. Now the GAS for the perfect guitar begins!

It would also be a great idea ( in my feable mind) to have sub-categories of amps. Simple as: clean, crunch, distortion, ultra dist. Or even further Boutique, classic and modern and break it down from there. I spent a day searching the best voted profiles 180+ pages. Exhausting! Unfortunately, with the volume of users there is no easy answer ;(