Posts by SeanHood

Is it easier to see the knobs/controls/settings/levels on the White toaster version than the black.

For me, subjectively, yes, that is why I chose white (and was willing to wait a few weeks when a black one was available immediately). Probably irrelevant after getting the lay of the land after some use, but the white I have an easier time visualizing the layout on the white version.

:thumbup:
    Hello! ... it seems you are talking about me :D:D

... the profile I used are absolutely pure AC30, some free from Kemper Factory Profiles and some form Andy44 commercial ones.
    There are anyway significant tweaking besides them, I did also rigs for Unforgettablke Fire and Joshua Tree album.
    I plan some demo recordings on them in the next days, when I will finish I will write a detailed report about them.

Glad you notice them, I have to say that the ones still to be recorded are awesone too, you will not be disappointed... Let me just some days to complete the "work" :whistling:;)

I look forward to the detailed report -- I intend to steal a few of these sounds, just fantastic! Thanks for sharing

When I increase the volume (using any number of mechanisms: patch volume, cab volume, EQ boost, lead boost, etc.) of my lead patches such that they give me an adequate volume over my other patches, I get into output clipping territory.

(I am in a 6 piece band with keys, multiple vocals, a rhythm guitar on some stuff, and loud bass and drums -- I probably need a bit more of a boost than most in order to bring my lead volume up to the right spot).

Is the best way to remedy this to bring down the output on all of my non-lead patches, so that I can increase the relative volume of my lead patches without clipping? Is there a way to do this globally?

Is there another approach that I should consider?

Many thanks! Sean

Have you come up with a sound for "Dead or Alive" ?

If someone could EQ match this tone (the electric part, obviously, which I assume is a boosted Marshall), that would be awesome -- absolutely fabulous 80's hard rock tone: tight, aggressive, grinding, boosted Marshall sound

the friedman one! at minute 9 in the video

The best Friedman profile I have played thus far is 3 Friedman Marshall from Pete's site: http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/

Pete's others are good as well. There are a few on the Rig Exchange that did not work as well for me as 3 Friedman Marshall, but I need to spend some more time with them. There is also a good Dirty Shirley profile on the RE.

The I am on the lookout for other great Friedman profiles, as I am a big fan of Dave's amps -- never owned one or had access to one to play, but they always sound awesome in clips, and were likely to be my next amp before going KPA. I am really looking forward to the possibility that someone will profile the new Steve Stevens and Pink Taco amps as well.

Greetings,

I have been running my Kemper straight into the board and monitoring through the band's standard floor monitors. It has been working well, but for peace of mind I would like to pick up a lightweight active monitor that I can fall back on, if necessary, when playing with an unfamiliar sound system / sound guy.

I still anticipate relying heavily on the standard floor monitors for my stage volume, so I do not need something overly powerful -- just a monitor that I can control and "add to the mix" if I am not getting what I need from the sound guy.

I want something that I can carry comfortably in one hand so that I am not increasing my trips to and from the car; that is fairly inexpensive (no firm budget, however); and that is fairly flat so that I do not need to defeat the speaker sims on my monitor out (the speaker sims are a real highlight of the KPA for me)

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sean

After about a month of playing at home, I had my first band practice with the Kemper last night. Here are my current favorite profiles (tweaked to taste):

Acoustic:

E Acoustic

Clean:

!JTM30-CLEAN
    Morgan AC20 (rmpacheco) -- great at many different gain ranges

Modulated Clean:

TillS M-100 2 MICS

Hard Rock:

Van Halen tone match (okstrat)
    AFD105
    3 Friedman Marshall (okstrat)

Lead:

Bogner XTC Red (okstrat)

I have a PWE Event Horizon that I will profile when I have the opportunity ... which is not imminent, unfortunately, but it will happen

Can someone help me locate these rigs in the Rig Exchange, no matter what searches I do I cannot find them.

Many thanks, Sean