Posts by bbaug14

Is anyone using these profiles live? I'm running this with a Les Paul Standard and the profiles are incredibly bright through both my studio monitors and my RCF ART 312a. Just wondering what people are doing to tame this a bit. Would greatly appreciate some tips. The profiles are awesome in every other regard and for recording, but too bright for live use currently. Thanks in advance!!!

Hey, was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how you tweaked the Marshall 1959 profile from soundside for the clips you did with your Les Paul. I bought the bundle, but for some reason I can't dial in this profile. It just sounds very thin compared to my other profiles. Any suggestions on EQing and amp/cab settings would be greatly appreciated. Your clips with this profile sound fantastic. Thanks!!

Any suggestions on EQ settings for this profile? I'm using the bright input with a Les Paul. The profiles I chose to work with have the gain set to 4 and 8. I have a studio eq before the amp with shelving filters and then a graphic after with no changes yet. Just curious how others are running EQs on these profiles or if they just aren't.

It's be cool to have a way to exchange rig set ups for purchased rigs with others who have the same purchased rigs. To dream <sigh>.

Okay, figured it out after some time with the manuals. For those using this set up, you have to plug the expander pedal into one of the slots on the GCP for expanders, go into the expanders menu settings and turn that slot on (1 or 2), and then edit each rig you have a preset on the GCP for by going into the pedal menu under that preset and setting the pedal to 001. That's it. You have to set this up for every preset you have unfortunately. It can't be done globally from what I can gather.

I'm wondering if anyone is running this set up? I want to run the expression pedal through the GCP with an instant access allocation. Will this work? I'd also like to have the wah enabled all the time and then be able to have heel off and not have my tone impacted. Just curious if anyone is running this set up and has some suggestions on how to hook it up and run it. Thanks!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a rig to sound like the synth/organ parts on Tom Sawyer? I'm guessing pitch shifter and whammy but I'm not having a ton of success. Any help would be appreciated. I'm tryin to cover the non-guitar/bass parts on a LP. Thanks.

I would think that balancing rigs would best be done by ajusting the channel volume or cab volume.

That will work, but only to a certain extent before you start to clip the master. It's certainly a balancing act. That's why I raise the Studio EQ volume. The result is typically a balance that doesn't have any clipping at all. If anyone is having trouble with balance and clipping, they should certainly give this a try as well just to see if that works.

Usually I try the channel volume before the EQ volume, but if I end up getting clipping at the master, the EQ volume is a pretty good way to get the level I want without the clipping.

Have you tried increasing the Clean sense? That's the main purpose of it

Absolutely. I find any higher than where I'm at with my LP causes clipping on the clean profiles at the input when I bare down on the strings. I think this has more to do with the differences in how the profiles were created. The Amp Factory profiles (for example) tend to be much louder overall than the r.u.serious(sp?) profiles. I use a lot of profiles from the latter and they just aren't as loud as the others with the same settings.

When I take a high gain profile and turn the gain all the way down, the level is the same with the now clean setting. Because of this, I think the clean sense is good as it works correctly inner profile/rig. I could be wrong though.

Practice was last night. My tone through the RCA312a MKIII was noticeably better after tweaking the profiles with the TRUTH monitors first. Not overly bright in any way and a lot smoother sounding. The clarity you get with the TRUTH monitors can't be matched by the RCA, but this isn't a bad thing. My medium to higher gain stuff through the TRUTHs sounded very articulate, but through the RCA there was a certain compression that occurred that was very welcome for those kinds of tones.

One thing that needs to be corrected is the volume changes between profiles, which was much more noticeable with the RCA. Typically, the cleans were about 5dB down from the gain driven profiles and some of the lower gain crunch stuff also. I put a studio EQ in all my rigs, so I bump the studio EQ volume up to compensate and leave the channel and cab volumes flat. This seems to work well with not clipping the input or master. This has to be done through the RCA though for live effectiveness.

the terms and conditions of the Rig Exchange state:

"Terms and conditions
    By uploading a public rig, you grant Kemper Amps the right to offer this profile to all members of the Kemper Profiler community. You also grant others the right to use your uploaded profiles without restrictions. Others can pass your profiles on but cannot sell them in any way. By uploading a private rig, only you can access this particular rig and nobody else can see or download it.
    You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work. Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considered and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a rig and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users."

^ THIS

Even if this wording wasn't on the website, I wouldn't care too much about this ass hat. What are you really getting? 2700 profiles you now have to filter through to find the ones you like. Is it really saving anyone any time? Probably not. It's stupid, and anyone who would buy this rather than just auditioning profiles that receive praise here one at a time to find their tone is an idiot.

Still, this wording IS on the website and someone should contact eBay.

So I finally got a chance to crank up these monitors a bit. I'm not sure if I was playing at 80dB or not, but it was loud enough for my ears to feel a bit fatigued after playing. I'll say this, the TRUTH monitors do not sound like my RCA ART312 MKIII. They aren't as bright sounding (not to say they are dull, just not as piercing) and are a LOT more transparent sounding. When I play my patches, even the higher gain ones, the TRUTH monitors allow the note definition and clarity to really come through. Every profile has that certain "jangle" if that makes sense. In fact, I wasn't able to dial in anything really creamy with my patches. Not a bad thing though, just something I noticed. The monitors made everything sound very open.

One thing I will say though, still not getting a large bottom end. This could just be the result of using monitors vs a guitar cab. The tone is good/great, but lacks a certain umph that you get with a traditional tube amp / guitar cab set up.

I tweaked my gigging profiles with the monitors, and I'm curious to see how they sound with the RCA at practice on Thursday. I'm guessing I'm going to have to tweak the monitor EQ to cut some highs and add some lows across the board. I'm also curious how much of that result is a room factor. I have a gig the first week of march where I'll use the KPA, so I'll leave the monitor out EQ flat for that show and see how it sounds in a different room during sound check. I'll also try a couple different rooms in the interim if I have a chance.

Overall, pretty happy with these monitors. $250 for the pair wasn't a bad investment.