Posts by JuLai

Very cool indeed!!! I'm liking the updated profiles which sound now even more consistent. The MB packs have already become the backbone of my lead setup which I've composed after several rehearsals & live shows. I use these also as reference profiles for any new profile candidate in my live setup.

The amp listing for the upcoming pack sounds intriguing to say the least. Was just listening some nice Andy Timmons record with Mesa Lonestar all over it and Mr Warren Haynes with Soldano & Diaz - unique tones there indeed.

Will grab the next one the minute it's available. Not because wouldn't be set without, but just because of the nice variety of cool amps that keep on impressing and most importantly top quality profiling.

I found the Kemper's Phaser Vibe to lack the throb of my Deja Vibe, but if you put a phaser behind the Phaser Vibe it gets so close to the Deja Vibe...

Interesting ideas indeed. Lacking some throb was my finding also, but didn't think up putting some additional modulation after the vibe. Andy's setting seems to use tremolo and here is phaser for same purpose. Need to try both, thanks for the ideas! :thumbup:

Can you tell me about the P4 G07 EBMM & Fuzz "FUZZ..ZZ..ZZ", was that an external fuzz or an internal stomp in the KPA?Also, I did do an A/B comparison of the V30's and the Scumback M75's tonight, but I was short on time so I only did it with the Splawn QR. Next time I'll try it with the SB50. If there are a particular set of settings that you would like to try while comparing the two speakers let me know.

It was external fuzz. I have quite many fuzz pedals, but happened to just get this Crazy Tube Circuits Starlight Fuzz the same day I made the clips so gave it a go out-of-the-box. :)

Regarding plans using Scumbacks, sounds great! I will be playing the first 4 patches more in the coming days, but if you make some SB50 Scumback profiles for sure would like to A/B atleast the 'milder' profiles from the SB4:
    G05 BL P7 B6 M10 T7
    G07 BR P7 B4 M10 T7
    G09 BR P6 B5 M10 T6

Made some clips with SB4 the profiles. I'm digging these to say the least :thumbup: ,but there's some room for improvements still. Overall I found some of the profiles rather bright when tested playing louder live, but when tracked they sound fine. Seems this is just the trickiest part i.e. how to find sweet spots that would work in both scenarios (with minimal modifications) like achieved by one well known commercial profile vendor. :)

Secondly, my current feeling is that the cleanier sounds would benefit from more woodier bass and softer highend what the V30 have. Some 'greenpacks' could make the cleaner tones also little softer with its smaller magnets. I'm thinking that for this the Scumback M75s could be just perfect! So would be nice to try that one in some point also. For example when you plan to make some profiles also for other HAWP projects make some for this one as well or alternatively make some merged profiles using SB50 DI + cabinet from somewhere else.

Next I'll plan to play all these profiles some more 'out loud' with gigging volume to get better feeling of the overall balance and maybe come up with some suggestions for additional trials. Until that just: :thumbup:

Here are the clips, do comment how you find the tones (the playing itself is secondary and irrelevant issue ;) )

Playlist: https://soundcloud.com/jjuki/sets/hawp-friedman-sb50-phase4

Individual tracks:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've checked all 3 phases with Channel1 and there are some very good base tones there indeed! Also the EL84 had supricingly big effect resulting some nice voxy chimy tones although I concentrated on the EL34 tones mainly. I tested the EQ preferences with three somewhat equally gained, but somewhat differently EQ'd, profiles using different types of guitars (LP, Strat with SCs, Strat with HBs, 335, Tele and SG). Clips can be found from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fe4…NGH2Ks--u8qNaFN6sR1a?dl=0

I seem to like the Bright Switch on LEFT for the less gainier settings (G1-5) as it is the milder of the two caps settings. Then the brighter BR works on higher gain settings (G5-8) as the amps overall voicing gets darker with the gain turned up. Until the end the switch doesn't seem to have an effect so doesn't make difference where it is at when the gain is full. Just like it then OFF when full, because of the "less components in the signal path" feeling if nothing more. ;)

Overall, the plexi channel feels great. The things great with this are:

• Dynamics- headroom both in pre- and poweramp sides of circuit
    • Boldness - that trademark raunchy midrange
    • Transparency - big portion of the guitars character, pics, style etc. gets through
    • Great pedal platform - circuit simplicity with few enough gain stages and good overall tonality

Now, what I'd like to try more next is that trademark fat midrange boldness. And also would like to try getting some sweet spot profiles for those different types of guitars. In the end most usable profile would be one with a moderate gain in it to do some classic rock. Then get clean(ish) sounds with turning guitar's volume knob or alternatively gainier lead tones with boosting a pedal of some sort.

So here's the CH1 settings that I would be more than happy to try out:
    G05 BL P7 B6 M10 T7 - clean(ish) strat
    G06 BL P8 B4 M10 T7
    - clean(ish) strat
    G07 BR P7 B4 M10 T7
    - on the edge of breakup tele
    G09 BR P6 B5 M10 T6 - classic rock, LP
    G10 BM P5 B5 M10 T6 - classic rock, LP
    G10 BM P6 B4 M10 T7 - classic rock, super strat
    G10 BM P10 B10 M10 T10 - "the brown sound"

A Budda would be awesome. I dont have one anymore but I sure loved that wah!

I have one, older one, and love its vocal-like midrange sweep. I like my CAA MC404 wah also, but that one just can't reach Budda's feel.
    I offered to take the measurements already both in this thread and with private message, but never got response.

[Blocked Image: https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif,c_limit,fl_progressive,h_620,q_85,w_620/v1367014229/eb9hnoadosgmwertvgw2.jpg]

Faster rig switch will improve with all controllers along the FW3.0. HD500 includes looper as well that one might utilize if needed and it is feasible. I have same controller and plan to stick with for now as I've programmed it for live use. Maybe will get one when the used ones start to show up for grabs.

But with Remote you will..
    ..get easier programmability (fully integrated with KPA FW)
    ..get tuner displaying on the controller
    ..get 1 cable solution instead of 2 (or 4 if you utilize HD's looper in KPA's loop)
    ..get multiple simultaneous stomp on/off switches
    ..lose some of the expression pedal configurability (sweep direction & range)
    ..need to get something else as a backup preamp device for KPA as HD500 covers this also
    ..lose possibility to use HD's reverbs and delays in KPA's stomp section (4CM)

I love the AC30 and the Wreck profiles but the latest 2 don't call to me. I will definitely buy more of your custom shop profiles but I like the idea of getting special, legendary amps. It might be worth saving the custom shop method for just the most amazing amps you come across?

Exactly my thoughts as well.

I purchased the Vox and ZWreck after first trying those out. Tried the JTM as well, but it didn't resonate with me so ended up deleting those. Will purchase for sure again when something interesting comes.

I just gave all these a spin; added stomps VES suggested + some of my own and tweaked to my liking aaaaand yes, YES! These kinda amps just appeal and work for me. Very nice gain structure, feel and truly workable profiles.

Especially liked the London which I didn't recall trying before. Goosed the amp with mild boost+comp up front and the cleans shine through with a strat neck pickup. Then add some options like mild breakup drive and swampy trem and the grin just pushes through. ^^ Never played the actual London (or even the forefathers i.e. an old AC15 / Marshall 18 watter), but that one must be quite a nice amp!

The Chief R44 (Matchless Chieftain) and Matchbox R121 (Matchless HC30) are both very nice also. Somewhat different as is their real life forefathers (EL34 Chieftain ~ Marshall/Tweed Fender inspired a la JTM45) and crispier/twangier HC30 (EL84 a la VOX AC30). Out of curiosity I compared the Michael Britt's DC30 (have this one in my live set among others, love it!) and with some tweaks (mid push, highs slighty down) could get very similar tones from the Matchbox..which is not that big surprise..matchbox having this somewhat more 'open' vibe to it, lacking the better word to describe.

Do check these out if you haven't or have retired these in some point. And thanks to VESmedic pinpointing these out, will use 'em for sure. :thumbup:

Yesterday I came across one thing that I miss from the KPR; based on the documentation one can't set the direction how the expression pedal works i.e. whether it is full on toe or heel position. Not atleast as rig or pedal type (volume/wah/pitch) specific. With midi controller like HD500 this is rather easy to do.

As an example I'm having volume pedal for all my rigs and then as then activate either wah or pitch effect as a secondary expression pedal effect through the toe switch. Now when I activate vinyl stop' pitch effect by just pressing the expression pedal the effect activated as 'full' (=silence) and loses its meaning really, but by reversing the sweep direction for this single effect the thing works like a charm.

With KPR I'd like to use same kind of approach together with mission engineering EP-1 KP expression pedal, but as everything is global and not freely customizeable this wouldn't be possible, but would need some different approach (dedicating the pitch effect own performance slot etc.)

I have pretty much done tweaking the HD500 as a controller to cover all my live set needs (cover band, sort of wide range of music). After reading the (somewhat incomplete) remote information I'm going to stick with HD500 for now. The things I miss from Remote are: fewer cables (1 vs. 2), multistomp on/off switching and maybe the tuner

Yesterday I came across one thing that is less convenient with the KPR; based on the documentation one can't set the direction how the expression pedal works i.e. whether it is full on toe or heel position. Not atleast as rig or pedal type (volume/wah/pitch) specific. With midi controller like HD500 this is rather easy to do.

As an example I'm having volume pedal for all my rigs and then as then activate either wah or pitch effect as a secondary expression pedal effect through the toe switch. Now when I activate vinyl stop' pitch effect by just pressing the expression pedal the effect activated as 'full' (=silence) and loses its meaning really, but by reversing the sweep direction for this single effect the thing works like a charm.

It is the "clean' profile, but I believe the gain is set to about 3.4, and it has the perfect amount of breakup.

I could find two clean 'The Chief' factory rigs, SM57 and R121 mic'ed versions. Both seem to have the gain set at 2.0, but did you mean VESmedic one of these? Could it be that you have upped the gain by yourself?

• The Chief Clean - R121
    • The Chief Clean - SM57

I would also like to add the 65 amps London profile, called tremdrive I believe. This profile was created with an R44, I wish there was more info about this. Was this an AEA R44, does anyone know?

Factory rigs have these kind of profiles somewhat matching your criteria:

• London Trem Grit - R44
    • London TremDrive Hi-M80
    • London TremDrive-MD421

As you stated the R44 I believe you ment the first one of these. According to docs the mic isn't AEA R44, but MXL R44...so ribbon still even though different manufacturer.
    And the real cabinet for that very same R44 profile is "Matchless ESD 2*12 w/ Celestion G12-H 25s".

Not with current RM version, I've tried it also. But when I was making a backup from the RM database files on my computer file system, I noticed complete RM folder structure in there. So maybe you could just list and print that one from command line etc.