Putting Andy's Vibe Settings To Use on TAF JMP Hendrix and Bassman Rigs With a Little Added Fuzz

• I didn't want to derail the Amp Factory Bundle 4 thread any further so I'm posting this new thread...

A couple of the clips on Andy's website for Bundle 4 have a sweet vibe tone that I struggle with trying to come up with on my own so I had to ask and Andy obliged. I took a couple previous rigs from previous bundles - the Bassman and the JMP Hendrix one, tweaked them, added Andy's recipe for vibe, tweaked it a little and added fuzz to stomp A. I've found that if you run the fuzz at 0.0 drive and the volume anywhere from -4 to -2 you can get more of a fuzz face tone with volume roll off on my strat. Here is Andy's comments on how to get that Vibe tone from the other thread:

If you take these settings above it is a great basis for a vibe tone. I tweaked the rigs a bit to my liking and a tiny bit to his above settings but here is a quick noodle of both:

First sound is the JMP with volume roll off - I believe bridge
    The second one is the Bassman with volume roll off neck then volume up some and then switched to neck

https://soundcloud.com/patrick…a-fuzz-vibe-jimi-jmp-then

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Yeah I dig it!
    I like the sound of fuzz, but I can never actually get along with it when playing. never feels right to me, the lack of "pick attack, transients" are a loss for me.
    and its funny, as Ive owned some rare old fuzz boxes in my time.
    Always wanted to like it, but never could.
    But admire those that can and do!

Nice clips though Bucky!
    the next thing is to modulate the volume/rate of that vibe with CC's and a foot controller :) for a whole lot of fun!

• Thank you.

There are some fuzz tones that I just can't enjoy playing for that reason - mushy attack, no dynamics, etc. I tend to gravitate towards Fuzz Faces through Strat w/ volume rolled way back to clean with vintage style pickups. How the strat is wired is part of the equation - IMHO. I think having a strat without any tredble bleed circuit is how you get those tones - at least easiest. Diming a FF can get sizzly (especially Silicone) so the loss of highs when you roll back a non-treble bleed circuit strat let's you get to the point of balance and the result is a tone with the feel of a boosted chimey clean - add edge with volume knob.

It would sound better through the Kemper but here is a great fuzz face from Dennis Cornell with old stock components through an 11 Rack that I sold to buy my KPA. Their may have been a Lovepdal in between for a little extra hair.

http://m.soundcloud.com/patric…ttle-wing-intro-test-file

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• I found the Kemper's Phaser Vibe to lack the throb of my Deja Vibe, but if you put a phaser behind the Phaser Vibe it gets so close to the Deja Vibe...

• I found the Kemper's Phaser Vibe to lack the throb of my Deja Vibe, but if you put a phaser behind the Phaser Vibe it gets so close to the Deja Vibe...

Interesting ideas indeed. Lacking some throb was my finding also, but didn't think up putting some additional modulation after the vibe. Andy's setting seems to use tremolo and here is phaser for same purpose. Need to try both, thanks for the ideas! :thumbup: