Posts by Grooguit

I own an M5. It has all of the effects found in a podhd. It's extremely well built and has a tuner as well. It's also midi capable. You can program rigs to send midi messages to the device. I'm not currently using it, because I don't use a ton of effects, and I use a even tide h9 in the loop. However I could keep both in the loop as the kemper can control two devices. I k

i like having it so that I have effects that I can use with any rig I call up. This way I can have many more presets of various effects on hand. Even if the keeper had all the effects, I'd need to program a lot more rigs, as you can only put delays in one slot per rig for example

I have an h9. Does lots of delay reverbs pitch and modulation. Most of the algorithms do combinations of tne above categories, they seem meant to be used without other effects going, other than perhaps a compressor or your overdrives. It can be controlled with an iPhone or iPad. I Have a midi mouse by tech21 that I'm gonna dedicate to it.

an easy way to check is to put any simple effect pedal in the evh loop and plug your guitar into the regular guitar input on the evh. Then turn the pedal on and off, if you can't hear the effect, your loop on isn't active

I would make sure that the effects loop on your evh doesnt require the amps foots witch to use. I remember one amp I had, a Carvin 100xb I had to plug in its footswitch for the loop to be active. Otherwise it wasn't. In your case, that could explain why you're not getting any sound.
    Also hit the output button on tje keeper and check that the monitor output isn't off.

I'm planning on getting the controller. Just curious, is the $599 price "list" price or street price? List price is simply a useless number that allows retailers to pretend they are offering a "sale" when everyone charges the same price, which is about 20-25% less. No one sells equipment at list price. Products with $599 list price will probably sell at Guitar Center/Sweetwater/MusiciansFriend, and others for $449-499.

Second question: If I am understanding things correctly, I could put a stereo cable in one of the expression jacks and use a two-button foot switch to turn on and off things? Like the typical two button pedals that come with an amplifier? Thus I could use two expression jacks to turn on and off 4 additional things, such as four stomp or effect slots? This would leave me with two other expression jacks that I could use expression pedals with? (not counting the two on the back of the kemper)

I wish the KPC had 8 such buttons, one for each slot. However, if the above works, I'll be fine with it. Yes I know you can assign multiple things to the buttons and these can be different for each Rig. However, with just the KPC, for me this would be an organizational nightmare. Yes, I don't need to be able to control all 8 slots in any SINGLE rig I use. However, with the various rigs that I do use, I want the ability to control different slots with different rigs. I know that the KFC allows me to do this, but it seems like it would be a nightmare to remember which buttons control what when they differ from rig to rig. Therefore, for my needs, I would prefer to simply have a single button that controls each and every slot, so whenever button 4 is lit up, for example, I know that a reverb in on, because that would always be dedicated to reverb.

How about a last button so you could toggle between two profiles that you are trying to decide which one you like better. Like the last button on a tv remote functions.

I've previously updated my kemper numerous times, never recall having an issue. I click on the "download" button for version 2.3.3 but nothing happens, the kemper web page darkens and no downloading occurs. I'm using a Mac with the latest Maverick operating system and tried downloading on both Safari and Firefox with the same outcome. Any help I'd appreciate it.

Seemingly simple way to increase slot use: Have the ability to have pre and post EQ's like we currently can place in slots before and after the amp block, but instead make them a part of the amp block. That way, as many rigs use particularly post eq in the x slot, this slot would be available for something else. Plus, as EQ is the sort of thing that is set particular to the amp and cab your using anyway, coping to another rig would be a one step process. In addition, a global boost function would be a great add on. Allow the Kemper to be able to adjust the decibel increase for the global boost and assign it to a CC. Both of these additions could be used by those who would like to and ignored by those that don't. As many users tie up a post amp slot with a clean boost for a solo, this would also free up slots for other uses.

I was really hoping for a release of the foot controller. Oh well, the behringer/uno for kemper works for now. But with talks of Kemper owners benefiting from "free upgrades that the manufacturer is under no obligation to supply" to me it would have made more sense to first develop the controller as it would make the company money selling a new product, and then focus on upgrades that won't make it any money, other than a small handful of potential buyers that were holding out until for a manager. I am a mac user as well. Recently, I've just been using the rigs that I already have set up and not messing with much, so I can wait for now. But had money set aside to preorder the controller the moment it's released. Oh and the looper feature would have been awesome. Though I'm sure once it comes out it will be killer.

Kemper seems to do a good job of making sure things are good and ready rather than releasing junk that needs a dozen upgrades for it to work properly. Even the beta versions have had only minor bugs.

I use my Kemper at church with a FCB1010 uno4 kemper. I don't care for the volume pedal on it as it's useless for swell, perhaps it need calibrating or something. I usually run it through a QSC k10 wedge pointed back at me. Although, sometimes I monitor myself through the churches Aviom system and do my own headphone mix. However, the avioms always feel fake and I lose the sense of how loud my playing is in relation to the band, so I prefer using the wedge. I have a shure wireless system on order, the foot pedal version with built in tuner. I don't have a huge need to move my presets around much, thus I'm tempted to go back to using my rocktron midi mate and forgoing performance mode altogether. I'm planning on getting the dedicated foot controller when it comes it, if that ever happens. Some folks here don't like the QSC, in my opinion it does the job pretty good, though I haven't tried it with anything else. However, if I were purchasing something again, I'd probably buy the Yamaha DX10 that everyone raves about on here as it is cheaper than the QSC as well.

Absolute best purchase I've ever made for guitar. I've needed a direct rig for the past 8 years and have gone through lots of gear, including the Pod HD500, and standard stomps into a Sansamp, the original blue Vox tone lab with the tube inside, and the Kemper blows them all away. The basic quality and musicality of it is hands down the best option on the planet. But in addition to quality, you also get quantity, with the number of outstanding sounding profiles built in, available for free down load, and for purchase. It's easy to set up, relative. The coolest thing is that volume is automatically compensated with gain. Just set the input adjustment for your guitar and all the profiles are balanced perfectly. Crank the gain up or down on a profile and the volume is adjusted automatically. In fact, I've never had guitar tone this good before, as the profiles are better than any other the more affordable tube amp set ups I've owned over the years. Plus the ability to get these tones at any volume and with a wider dispersion using a monitor than using a beamy guitar cab. It's also a lighter set up than hauling a tube amp and cabinet around. just this light box, and my 32 pound active monitor (Qsc k10). The behringer Fcb1010 with the uno for Kemper chip is a great controller for cheap. This thing is also the best possible tool for recording guitar in the studio. You can't possibly get better tone than this thing. If you can, simply use the Kemper to profile it and still have the best tone available. You can't lose.