Posts by Autocrat

I've tried a couple different USB sticks (Sandisk Cruzer 4GB and Kingston 2GB) and my Kemper won't recognize either of them. Formatted them on my Mac, tried to have the Kemper format...but it doesn't recognize any of them.

I updated months ago with the same sticks to 3.02 and want to upgrade to 3.2. I've heard some people power on/off 5-10 times before it works...I'm on 7+ right now and nothing.

Hi Ingolf - I don't know if you tried this or if it was asked already. Were you able to match the two speakers using the global EQ from the Kemper? Wondering if you were able to get the DXR10 close to the CLR.

Thanks for taking the time to do the tests and post :thumbup:

That is truly awesome! Wow!
    I gotta say though.... I feel a little shaky about the notion of hauling off my speaker cabinet and paying through a PA speaker! Haha I had no idea I was apparently so old fashioned until faced with that prospect! How strange. I guess that for as long as I've played live music, I have been using a tube head through a big bulky guitar speaker cabinet, and it's just hard for me to believe something else out there will work even better! But I'm VERY open to the idea, I want to believe!
    So let's be clear... If I bought a NON POWERED Kemper, and a Yamaha Dxr 10, I could show up at any gig and use it for guitar OR bass... And even though it's just one 10 inch speaker, I would be able to crank the living shit out of it with guitar OR bass, loud enough to keep up with a metal drummer and other guitarists using traditional rigs?
    REALLY?!?
    Haha thanks again guys, make a believer out of me!

I use a non-powered Kemper with a DXR10 and it works great! I also have an Avatar 2x12 cab with a cheap Rolls solid state amp and did a direct comparison with the DXR10. The Avatar will give you the traditional feel but the nuances of the different profiles (amps) can get lost because it has less fidelity. The DXR10 looks unconventional but if you close your eyes and just play, it feels right.

The best, but not very practical, setup was to use both the Avatar with cabs off and the DXR10. It presented a huge FRFR sound with the feel of a traditional guitar setup :thumbup:

Using on beta 2.0. My Main volume EQ in the master section is set to 0.0db and cabs are on and no "Link" selected. I used the Master Output on the back and connected both XLR and 1/4" jacks to test. The XLR line is louder to my DXR10 than the 1/4" TRS line. I'm using a high quality Mogami cable TRS jack.

Shouldn't they be the same volume since they use the same source and I'm using balanced cables?

Not sure where to post this. I'm looking to emulated the keyboard chord intro of this song for a cover we're doing: http://youtu.be/CgLaHRq7Mr8?t=6s
    I used the "PITCH Cmaj Choir2" rig which works for the first chord but is there a way to do just single note changes within the chord? (I know there's a musical term for it but I'm not very musical ?( ).
    Is there a way to adjust the voice and interval steps to make it work.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm still new around here but have had my Kemper for about 3 months. I went out on a limb and sold my Mesa Mark V head to finance the Kemper. I currently play it through a QSC K12 or KH120 studio monitors using my Carvin "strat" with DiMarzio Area 61 pickups. The tones are definitely good and you can achieve it at any volume, however, to me the feel is different, maybe because I'm playing through a FRFR setup, or maybe I haven't tweaked the profiles enough.

Yesterday, I plugged into an old, beat up Peavey Bravo112 and it just felt good. Of course, the sound was limited and got boring after a while, but it felt good. Not sure if that helps but I would definitely say the Kemper is a keeper, especially for recording and flexibility. I've owned a lot of Mesa's over the years and haven't quite found the profile I like out there. Rectoverb, Road King, Mark V, Stiletto, LoneStar Special.

Hey Raoul23, have you seen this youtube video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nC0WrhqAAU
    Havent tried this myself yet, but i am really happy with the fcb 1010. He uses the low row for preset switching and the high row for stomps.
    Maybe this videos will help you, until the KFC comes.

I just purchased the UNO chip, but based on this video, I don't need it to do stomps on top row? Any advantage to using the UNO chip over stock?

Thanks

I JUST HAD THE LOCAL REP LET ME TRY THE NEW MACKIE DLM 12 , AT HOME TODAY. I ONLY GOT TO TRY IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS , AND UNFORTUNATLY COUDN'T TRY IT AT WITH MY BAND, BUT I MUST SAY I WAS PRETTY IMPRESSED. I ONLY HAD MY CURRENT STAGE SETUP ( PV CLASSIC 50/50 TUBE POWERAMP AND A PV 2/12 CAB W/85W CELESTIONS) TO COMPARE IT TO, BUT IT SEEMED TO HOLD UP QUITE WELL AND VERY LOUD. IT'S A COAX 12/ 1000W POWERED CAB THAT CAN BE TILTED BACK LIKE A MONITOR. I WAS ABLE TO RUN IT FLAT AND ONLY ROLLED BACK THE MONITOR OUT BASS A LITTLE BIT. IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THE BEAMING OF A REG FRFR CAB AND THE CAB DIDN'T HAVE THAT HARD CLUNKY LOWEND I'VE EXPERIENCED WITH SOME PA CABS. :thumbup: I HOPE SOMEONE ELSE GETS A CHANCE TO TRY THEM AND CAN REPORT HOW THEY FEEEL ABOUT IT.
    I'M HOPIN TO GET THEM NEXT WEEKEND TO TRY WITH MY BAND AND WILL REPORT BACK. :D
    STILL WANT TO TRY THE ATOMIC CLR , BUT NO HOW I'LL FIND ONE.

Any more feedback on the DLM12? Just got my Kemper :D . Trying to decide to go the FRFR route or get an amp for my Avatar 2x12 cab.