Posts by lonestargtr

Ok, I did some troubleshooting this morning and the problem, sadly, appears to be in the Kemper. I bypassed the Ground Control Pro and I plugged in the Mission KPA expression pedal directly into the Kemper and set up pedal 1 in system menu for wah wah. It still did the same thing. At toe down settings, it shuts off volume. I even tried my Dunlop Volume Pedal with a stereo insert cable and it worked fine set up as a volume pedal (although the sweep was off because it uses an audio taper pot) but had the same result when set up for wah wah. I tried both type 1 and type 2 in the wah wah pedal set up and neither worked. I just did the lastest firmware revision (1.7) last night and that didn't help either. Is there any way to get this to work or am I just stuck without the wah wah function?

There is no global setting that I'm aware of because I have to set the CC to 007 on every patch or the volume won't work and the only thing I have global in the KPA is the tap tempo button. It does appear that that's what is happening though. With the GCP, on each preset, you assign the pedal input but scrolling through the CC #'s. It works fine on 007, but when I decrement down to 001, it does the weird backwards and kill volume thing. I can assign it in a patch to control the exp on the M5 instead of the KPA volume and it works fine with that, so I'm not sure why it has a problem with the Kemper wah.

I play lead guitar for the country group Lonestar and I just did my first couple of gigs with the Kemper after spending a few weeks profiling my favorite amps and programming rigs for our show. It was really great and very comfortable. I use a Ground Control Pro to change presets and I have a Line 6 M5 in the fx loop for any additional fx the Kemper doesn't have. I run the main outs to foh and monitor rig via xlr and I send the Kemper monitor out to the preamp in of my 3rd Power Dream Weaver amp for some stage volume and air movement. The sound onstage and in my ear monitors was so clear and although I will probably find small tweaks to make over the next few gigs, the clarity and ability to go from clean to dirty and still have it sound like my 3rd Power amp rig is just great.

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/kemperrig_zps12be3398.jpg]

I have been using a Ground Control Pro and a Mission KPA Expression pedal for the past few weeks to control volume of the KPA via midi CC 007 and it works great. I needed to program a patch using the wah module but when I change the midi CC on the Ground Control Pro preset to CC 001 and turn on the wah module, it doesn't work properly. I can hear some of the wah effect, but if I push the Mission exp pedal forward toward the toe, it just begins to turn the volume down, eventually muting the sound completely. I'm not sure if this is a compatibility issue with the Ground Control Pro or with the Mission Pedal or something else. Has anyone else run into this type of behavior? Is there a fix?

thanks,
    Mike