Posts by Akkan

It will remember this state even if you go to another rig slot and back.

That's right, but if you change the performances the FCB doesn't remember the states. After you go back the LED is on on again on an empty slot. It isn't a big problem but a little bit annoying.

I've tried the new uno4kemper chip including two way communication, but it doesn't work correctly. I've programmed the Switches 6,7,8,9 and 10 for Stomp C, Stomp, D, X, Mod and tap tempo. If i switch to any performance for example the LED on Switch 6 (Stomp C) is on, but there is nothing into Stomp C. If i switch it off, go to another slot into the same performance and back the LED is still off. If i Switch to another Performance and go back to the last Performance the LED for Switch 6 is on again.

Has anybody a solution for this Problem?

Yes, we need an option to assign the first loaded slot!
    I'll make one Performance per Song and i want to arrange the five slots for Intro, Verse, Ref, Bridge and Solo. Thats the idea, but on some songs i don't need Intro or Solo for example and you can't deactivate Slot 1.
    It is a possibility to swap the slots and use slot 1 for verse, if you don't need an intro. But it's inefficient, if you have many performances and use slot 1 as intro and in other cases slot 1 for verse.
    All unused slots should be unavailable and muted.
    Additionally, I need an option to rename the slots globally. It's annoying to rename each slot in each performance.

First of all the performance mode is a great tool. Nevertheless i'm missing some options.

1. global naming of the slots, e.g. Intro, Verse, Solo....! I use one performance per song and it's annoying to enter the same slot names every time again.

2. empty slots (without a loaded rig) shall not be available or shall be muted. You can't disable the first slot, but i don't have an intro on every song. To change the sequence of the slots is a possibility, but confusing if you have a lot of performances.

3. It should be possible to define a slot which will be activated after loading a performance

Wow! Very hot discussion about a simple request. What I'm looking for is a possibility to work on my own rigs or new rigs with a small box without any knobs or a display and tunable by computer. Surely it needs the special KPA sound and all effect possibilities, maybe software only. In this case i can work at home on my rigs, put it on a stick and update the real KPA at the next band session. Or i can test some rigs from the rig exchange before i save it on the KPA. It makes the work easier.
    For such a box i think i would pay between 700-900 euros. Maybe it could be only available for official and registered KPA users.
    Nevertheless it could be a possibility to buy a used KPA for 1000 euros in twelve month. We will see.

Hi

It would be great to have a software solution or a small KPA hardware box (without profiling mode and all knobs, on/off only and adjustable by software) to work on my own profiles without my KPA. I love the KPA, but i don't like to Transport it from bandroom to my home and back. With a Software solution or a smaller hardware box we could work at home on our profiles, store them on a USB-stick and update the real KPA at next band session. Additionally we could record some jam sessions. This would be very helpfull. Otherwise i need to buy a second unit, but it's to expensive at the moment.

What do you think? Is it possible to realize such a solution? How much should it cost?

I would love to have the (Guenther) Haas effect for my next jam session.
    Listen to his sound samples on soundside.de! It's a beautiful style and his Marshall Plexi demo sounded really great.

back to topic:
    I don't know the Haas effect, but I've detected all this little details we are searching for are often sensless on stage. Most of the people doesn't hear the difference between a Marshall and a Mesa. They only wanna have fun.
    This details could be important for us only, if we record in a studio.
    Nevertheless we are searching and digging for each little detail, because we are guitarists.

Hi Armin

I hope the rooms are dryed out quickly. Good to hear your equipment is ok. I'm waiting for further great profiles from you.

I have many profiles from Soundside and i love them all. You get a lot of profiles for each amp with different variations for each channel. All 400Profiles on my KPA are from Soundside. :thumbup: The challenge is to understand the complex naming of the profiles, but Armin declared it in another thread. I'll stay tuned for further excellent profiles of great amps.

This profiles have a fantastic tone and dynamic. I wanted to try it shortly before dinner, but i couldn't. Rest of the story: I went hungry to bed late at night. Thankfully without any comments from my girl friend. ;)
    Nevertheless many thanks to ACY. You did a great job.

Hi Paults

I have used a 6dB boost many years with my old Digitech 2120. At all concerts with FOH. I've played at the soundcheck the normal sounds and a short boosted solo. To let the technician adjust all settings. It worked fine in the past.
    I know, there are many different ways to solve this matter, but i prefer to use one RIG per song. My question came back, because CK stated in another thread that he will give us a new booster with the mentioned features.

Kai

Another solution, but a little bit too expensive. ;) I use a FCB1010 and waiting for the KPA Foot Controller end of this year. So I don't want to buy a third controller.
    This was only a question, because CK himself highlighted this solution. First of all i'll try your solution with a flat EQ. Thanks for your help.

Kai

Yes, that's one solution to solve the solo boost, but you can't boost both (pre and post) with only one knob. It would be great to get a little bit more gain plus a volume boost with only one knob and lost only one slot.

Kai