Posts by Berglmir

Hi all!

First I want to rephrase my title so I´m not getting bashed sensless by all the Performance Mode Zealots out there! :)

Ok, what´s the "problem"?!

I started working with the performance mode to prepare a live gig later this year.
    One of the songs we will be playing is "Another brick in the wall" and I play lead guitar.

So I´m setting up Slot 1 for a very spacy mega delay/reverb tone and a classical gilmourish tone for the solo in Slot 2.

So far so good, BUT when switching between the two slots I have low crackles and when switching back to slot 1 after the solo it takes a lot of time for the tone to arrive.
    This is unusable for a live performance (hence the title ;) ).

Take a look yourselves:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…ck%20in%20the%20Wall.kipf

It might be this specific rig, but I experience similar (but not so drastic) phenomenons on other rigs - mainly after switching BACK.

Looking forward to your feedback & experiences and even some hints for a solution.

Another thing:
    Will some you considering posting full Performances in the Rig Exchange?!
    Would be very nice to see how you guy work out a whole song (Main, Chorus, Solo and so on)

Thanks for listening and have a nice evening!
    Cheers
    Berglmir

Thanks Labrat for your reply and I appreciate your de-escalating approach!

I did not want to attack someone on a personal level but I wanted to express my dissatisfaction as a customer with the way Kemper (as a company) seperates Marketing from Communication.

Marketing is all the stuff we see on the webpage, on various Music fairs, advertisments and so on - where you can read about all the wondrous stuff (see

http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…gs__Presets_And_More.html
    ) but when you are asking about planned releases you will get no information.

As I said before: I can live quite well without the Perform Mode - but actually I was sold something else and I´m a little bit suprised that this has not stirred much more "outrage" than it actually does.

I also appreciate that you understand how boring/irritating midi as a concept is for me and I´m happy for you that you have mastered it - but I actually don´t want to go in there. I just want a specifically designed piece of hardware that is avalable as an accessoire for the Kemper amp. And all I want - really that is all - is to know WHEN I might expect to buy one.

If Kemper says - Spring 2014 - great! Fair enough - I will try to find an alternative FCB for my gig. In this case I might take you up on your offer ;)

I´m not on a which hunt, I´m not with the spanish inquisition ("Nobody expects the spanish Inquisition!!") but I would appreciate a little more effort from Kemper (Company not man) to keep it´s customer base informed.

"Let´s be friends" - absolutely! :thumbup:

Good job Labrat! No more to say after that ...

Well actually I think there is!
    "Good job Labrat" - I agree!

But why do we have to be contend with this information?!
    I actually don´t care so much about the "Perform Mode", but as Labrat said, a floorboard is essential when using the Kemper on stage or recording.
    And the thing that irritates me most is: you, me, all of us do not get a scrap of information on any planned release date! :cursing:

I have a gig in September and I want to know if I can count on a matching FB or if I have to make alternative arrangement?

Last but not least I want to know why it is required for me to spent time, effort and skills to program myself a piece of equipment to use the one I bought efficiently?! :thumbdown:

I´m very happy with my Kemper - best piece of gear I have owned for a long time (which is not a guitar) - but I´m very unhappy with the communication strategy Mr. Kempers company is pursuing at the moment!

Just my 2 Cents worth - I know it will change absolutely nothing! :(

Just so that even I do understand:
    Andy will do a tweaked, ready to go, out of the box, pret a porter...version of bundle 5 amps! ;)
    Which is great, as I was also a bit disappointed, that they were not so easily usable (for me). - so thanks a lot for the effort Andy.

I just like to know: How do we get to know that these tweaked rigs are ready?
    Will customers like myself (bought everything from AF up until now) get an email, or do we have to watch this forum?
    Both would be ok, but I´d appreciate the mail.

Thanks again!
    Berglmir

I really love Turquato Mariano´s Aura Ny 7 as well - thx a lot for that!
    Regarding quality of recent profiles: I think they were good before too, it´s just that most of the new profiles seem to work "out of the box" for me - no tweaking/fiddling needed.
    On the other hand the Kemper is not a multi effect stomp box - but with the new profiles I´m tempted to use it as one!

Just my experience, incompetence and 2 Cents in all! :)
    Cheers

I just bought Bundle 4 and as ALWAYS the rigs are of outstanding quality - most of them wander without editing into my Favorites Tab! Worth every Penny!!
    Please keep up the good work!

All the best from Vienna
    Berglmir

Thanks guys for your feedback - I know what you mean regarding "grit", "fuzz/fizziness" and "being more liquid".
    I´m fiddling around with some settings and as soon as I have another take for you to listen and feeback to, I´ll post it here!

;)

Thanks again & All the best from Vienna
    Berglmir

Edit: And here we are - I think this suits the tone of the original track a bit better:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30086…om%20Solo_04032013_v2.mp3

Your opinion?!
    Either way your suggestions were REALLY helpfull - keep them coming!

:rolleyes:

Hmmm...I think that KPA owners are a bit more mature than to fall for that sort of scam.

Haven´t we pondered the technical pros and cons between "true tube" and "profiling"?
    Haven´t we informed ourselves in very detail even before we bought the KPA itself (I know I "owned" the manual before the amp)?

So how can a KPA owner NOT know how ridicoulos this is?!
    I think we are save here!