Posts by luke75

GTR
    KPA Input
    KPA Gate
    KPA StompA (Comp) - clean only!
    KPA StompB (Dist) - clean, crunch boost
    KPA StompD (Trem)
    KPA AMP/EQ/CAB Sect.
    KPA StompX (StereoLoop) -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> dbx 160X (Comp) -> Yamaha SPX-900
    KPA StompMod (Studio EQ)
    KPA Output

PC LineIn (Audigy) -> Headphones

PC/Line In (Audigy)

1. - Im Vergleich zu was?

2. - (Aux) geht nicht. Hab im X-slot einen Loop mit Effekten dran. Die brauch ich schon, gerade zum einstellen, muss ja wissen wies alles zusammen klingt.

Hallo,

ist das möglch mit dem KPA über Kopfhörer (Rechner/LineIn/Audicy Soundcard) zu üben? Bei mir klingt es leicht digital.
    Bei Main Output Volume voll auf >o.o< hab ich so ein leichtes clipping, so art digitale übersteuerung, was bei weniger Output Vol. weg geht aber immer noch komisch klingt.
    Hab schon zum Vergleich Cab au und aus gestellt, also die cab sim. läuft.

Oder muss man noch zusätzlich etwas dazu kaufen?

At some real amps there are hi and lo inputs. lo for guitars with higher outputs (mostly active). I've read that the lower input has -6 dB. Could this mean for the KPA too? I've tried that, and it gives much lower compression, but the distortion stayes the same.

And active guitars makes much more fizz on highgain tones. Some guitarists turn their presence on the poweramp all the way off. With the KPA it sounds very muddy (but the fizz is gone). Is the presence knob in the Main Output EQ the same as at a poweramp???)

The dropbox link isn't still available. Did anyone still have the file discription?

What means 'Brit'? With bright switch? Is there a special reason for that CS/DS settings?

Hello,

when I play with a guitar with active pickups through the KPA. I know I must tweak the input > sensitive paramater to before the LED goes red. But it sounds still very fizzy on highgain tones, and very shrill on clean ones. I tried out different amps and cabs, And there is still some fizzyness. In the highs or high mids, something like going with fingernails over a turntable.

I've heard, most people with active giutars turn their presence knob of their poweramps all the way down, B.Bradshaw said this too.
    The KPA has the presence parameter in the main-output section . Would this be an oppinion?

For Dirty tones I use mostly Soldano and CAE profiles.
    For clean ones, AC30s

Ich hab mich jetzt 2mal registriert, und auch die Seriennummer eingegeben. Abgesehen davon das der immer sagt E-mail Adresse und User-Name sind schon vergeben, was auch total verwirrt, komm ich jetzt aber trotzdem nicht an die Liste ran. Kann da jemand helfen?