Posts by Tone

His sound is one that depends much more on how he plays, than one what he plays through, I think. Clean is clean, for the most part. I would have limited that to tube amp profiles, but BB King went from Fenders to Lab Series, and it still sounded just like him :)

I agree completelly Paults . But i read his Le chic guitar sound on record, was recorded straight to desk SSL or NEVE ( i dont recall) with compression , if i would record i would try that, but for live sound there are so many good clean profiles . And mats posted some really sweet replicas profiles !

Hi all ! i have just profiled my Womanizer pre-amp from Damage Control . They are on the rig exchange, author TONESKULPT under the name of :

WOMANIZER MILD OD (Author: Toneskulpt )

WOMANIZER CLEAN WOMANIZER (Author: Toneskulpt )

I hope you like it , and please give your feedback , to see where i can improve , and listen to your opinions is always great . Enjoy .

Cheers

Tone

It happens to me as well since v1.7 . I have got only the Reberb time turning itself on the visor, and besides hiding what i want to edit, it changes values on the reberb time . There is some kind of bug on both versions 1.7 and 1.8 , since i had this behaviour on both versions. I remember that in v1.7 i did some reset, and it cured for some time . Then i changed to 1.8 , and no problems until few days ago , where it does the same thing. Is this an hardware problem with my kemper ? or some kind of bug ? . I tested all the hardware on maintenance mode, and everything is fine .

Well, would like to hear something from the support people . thanks

Hi all!

Particulary, what made me write this question is that when i use my gibson les paul custom , if i am playing a medium/high gain rig, when i lower the gain button until i arrive to a clean setting, the output gets cracked , goes really red . I am using , clean sens at 2.5 and distortion sens at 0 . which i think are adequate settings . but maybe i am wrong ?

BTW: Until this day i am not really happy with my clean sens and distortion sens settings . I have got a Gibson les paul custom and a variax( with plenty of different outputs), and didnt find a steady solution for conecting any guitar, and being not in need of changing often settings of a rig to acomodate a different guitar when i plug in . Anyone using a variax and another guitar to tip me ?

Thanks for help .

Now the funny thing is that this rig started out with the gain much lower so a breakup version should be easy to get. Can you point me to a clean sound that you would like? Then I can see if there's anything I can do. As my name is included in the rig I only release a rig if I think it's good.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi mats! I will try again to get a clean sound from the profile you did on first place . So i will not bother you with that in the meantime , i discovered the 100% acurate settings of joe bonamassa Van Weelden - Twinkle land Amp.

Joe bonamassa Live settings

Overdrive Channel

Volume - 6
    Treble-10
    Middle-6
    Bass- 5
    Level-6
    Ratio-7
    Master-7
    Brilliance-5

Bright - Down
    Deep - Up
    Rock - On - Jazz - Off
    ----------
    Gibson Guitar with Treble pickup .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gyT3KZ8c0

Oh yeah ! i am sure That would put a great aproach for you to make another profile with JB settings ! And i am sure you would love the sound of it, as we would do ! hehe .

Thanks again for your loving profile . Going to play a little more :D .

cheers

I knew that, but as Geraldo asked for a VW sounding like Joe B that's what he got.

Cheers,

Mats N

you really helpfull to geraldo and big offer to the kemper comunity . I really like JB Tones , and the VW is impressive . I would love A clean , And breakup version of VW , as turning Gain up or down is not always the same thing as profiling the source .

VW amp rules .

Thanks again

already tested the profile ! they are really good, i think one of best bassman profiles, in pair with some commercial ones . with some compressor , treble boost and spring reverb . . wow . really rockin! The breakup on profiles are really good too! there is some magic there that i dont hear in many other breakup profiles . On the blues edge :)

cheers

and big thanks for share!

p.s. would like some other profiles of that bassman , with your favorite setting on tonal amp knobs. I prefer that to tuning tone inside kemper . Is more true to the thing .

thanks neil!! thats they profiles i prefer, bluesy ones :D . Will test tomorrow! it would be cool some more profiles of it !! but maybe i am being too greedy :D . Thanks a lot for you share!

Regards

Thanks for the help ingolf!

Cheers

Hello there!

What is the easiest way to backup my fx presets? I cannot export to backup an fx preset, so how people usually do ? I would like to export my favorite fx presets, organize it on a folder outside kemper, and whenever in need import it again .

Thanks in advance

Same problem here. I've bought a brandnew Kemper Rack-Amp, but it's virtually unusable, because the display seems to be corrupted somehow. After startup everything is normal for a few minutes, then the display gets streaky and soon after that it's only a dark-blue kind of block. I contacted Kemper by starting a support ticket but have not yet received an answer. Anyone else with a good idea other than sending it in for repair? Regards Ralle

First kemper i bought which was a b stock from shop, had that problem , some lines would make part of the screen unreadable . I sent it back . It doesnt seem software problem , as the time people told me .

I don't get it! Please explain to me what I am missing? Ok I plugged this profile in expecting to hear some screaming JVM, AFD, or YJM tones. What I hear is a flat smooth profile that sounds somewhat midrange(kind of like putting a cup over the speaker.) So I turned on the boost and distortion on and sounds a lot better. So my question is what is the rave about? Is it the fact that it is a pure old Marshall sound that you need to add tube screamers etc to get to rock? Anyways, not putting the profile down. I just want to make sure I understand the concept of the profile. Is the intention to tweak it to taste?

For me when i plug in my gibson les paul custom or even my variax in fender mode, sound is really great with some minor personal tweaks . For instance people rave much about the ac morgan profile, and i dont fancy it so much . On these things personal tastes, guitars, guitar playing style . .make a lot of difference! good thing is that we have 3200 profiles to choose from !

I love this marshall profile, yes !

I have just seen a photo of a kemper in perfomance mode on Kemper amps facebook page !! so it seems it will be our next goodie!! another new firmware on the horizont !

Bring it on ! :D