Posts by LasseLammert

Who is that guy?
    would like to personally give him high 5 (with a chair....to the face).
    he's just stealing other people's profiles and claiming them as his own....pathetic.

He is NOT the author of the profiles he's uploading (even though it says so on the rig exchange).

Liquid Leads? Juicy Chunks?
    Seriously?

Those are profiles from my pack that comes directly from Kemper, ripping them and uploading them as your own is pretty low!

Don't focus too much on the bass everyone, that's a step in the right direction in 2.6. The real problem is that the mids aren't profiled accurately anymore (which they used to before the change)

I gotta say I'm not really happy with the profiling process in 2.6

In older versions the bottom end was a bit slim, but that could be compensated for in the refining process (less low palm mutes etc), that way I got the profiles 100% spot on with the real amp.
    and it was just the slightly lean low end, everything else was grand.

now in 2.6 the lowend is overpowering (quite a bit more low end than the real amp), but what's MUCH worse is actually that the mids are totally off now. I tried profiling some nice chunky amps that have great mids (PRS Archon...), but in the profile this nice mid-smack (think "peanut butter in your mouth") was just gone, it felt and sounded quite different from the real amp...and no amount of refining could remedy that.

TBH I preferred the slightly lean (but rectifyable) lowend response to the overpowering bass and weird mids in 2.6

Really hoping for a fix in the next update

My profiles were created with high output pickups in mind, and I'm primarily playing high output pickups myself.
    in order to get the best tone I adjusted the clean/dist sense on my kemper accordingly (so it's NOT in the middle/normalised position) cause that caused the clean sounds to clip.
    you'll get the best sound (or at least the sound I intended) not necessarily with normalised settings but with settiing that match YOUR pickups.
    If you're using high output pickups as well, chances are normalised sense-settings aren't the way to go....adjust them to your pickups.

I gotta say that I have not yet tried the "normalised" versions of my rigs though as I'm still using the original ones, cause that's how I created them.

Here are my current settings:

Clean Sense: -12dB
    Dist Sense: 0dB

Those settings and the original profiles should deliver the sounds I'm using here.

This kid is just power tripping thats all , most likely the next reply will be how he has ********* (insert metal guy here) profiles and we will never get them , only 3 guys know how to mic and amp etc
    I stand by the fact sneap has done toontrack packs including amps we might still see something in the future. WIll it be his best work? Of course not but I am sure they would still be amazing :)

That kid is personal friends with Mark Lewis (Audiohammer), I'm friends with Sneap...
    So this is from the horse's mouth, like it or not, but there'll neither be a Lewis rig pack, nor a Sneap one I'm afraid.

But I agree, both get killer tones and a rig pack from them would slay

Hey,
    I'm extremely busy with recording atm and don't really have time to check.
    I'll gladly have a listen in about a week, but I might need another reminder.
    (Can't remember any crackling noise over here though).
    Sorry I can't help right away, please poke me again in about a week to 10 days

Lasse, THANK YOU!

I have been looking for this clean tone for over a year - my fave clean tone tends to be a Twin into a 412 cab and I haven't been content with what I've found until now.

Very Eric Johnson with a Strat, but even beefier. Big, broad, warm and no break up. This profile is now my go to clean tone. :)

Cool, glad you like it.
    I'm loving it with a strat in the in between pickup positions

Yeah, I agree.
    I usually try to put at least all the technical info in there, like speaker, cab, micing position etc.
    For my personal use I name the profiles according to that chain, this one would be "SloStilettoCleanR121" for example, but for others it'd probably be better to name them according to their application like "CleanScoopSurf" or so.
    The whole tagging thing really is a bit of a compromise at this point, that's why I added the description in that PDF for my rig pack

I don't agree 100%

you're dead on about the fact that of course I dial in an amp/micing etc to my liking when profiling it, sure!
    So yeah, there's a lot of personal taste and preference involved in that process.
    I do not agree about different guitars and players, I'm using all my profiles in the Studio with various diffrent guitars, tunings and players, so they're not tailor made for my specific style and guitars (for my taste? yes, very likely).
    This one I've actually played with a Fender USA Strat with Neck Single coil in standard tuning...but I've also used it for another player with a Les Paul with the middle position tuned 2 semitones down.
    A good profile IMO works with different players and guitars, but it is of course not universal for all styles and settings.

This profile for example is not dialed in to have the warmest and fullest clean tone for camp fire chord playing etc, it's actually rather scooped and works great for surf guitar sounds with a strat as well as for single note lines with the in-between-settings on a strat and for arpeggiated chord picking on a Les Paul...
    I wouldn't use it to record a singer/songwriter ballad of course....but that's not because the player/guitar matters much, it's because different settings/styles demand different sounds...and this one won't work for singer songwriter ballads very well...just like a warm singer/songwriter profile won't work well for Knopfler type of stuff...

But I don't think that's a big surprise to be honest, is it?
    I's always about picking the right tools for the job, and a profile is just that, a tool...if your jigsaw doesn't do a good job putting a nail into the wall, it's not the jigsaw's fault...it's just not the right tool.

I do have a couple of those thick warm sounding clean profile as well (Fender Combo, Jackson Reference 100 (!!!) etc.....but I can't give you all my tools, can I? ;) )

Thanks for the share, but imo there are better sounding rigs of the SLO-100 at the RE.
    Anyway - I love the other rigs you shared, thanks a lot.

I disagree....;)
    but since tone is subjective and always a matter of taste, there'll NEVER be a sound/tone/profile that everyone thinks is the best, so I'm not surprised if there's someone who doesn't think this is the best clean SLO profile. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated!

Hey fellas, s'craic?

I know, many people associate my name with high gain sounds (and I truly love high gain sounds), but that doesn't mean that I can't produce clean sounds as well....
    I've just fannied about with my new toy, a Soldano SLO100 with the Scoop Mod...and although the SLO is primarily known for its overdrive, I gotta say, I'm REALLY digging it for clean sounds.

So I've just created a profile of it...single Royer R-121 in front of a Mesa Stiletto cab...this profile works great with Strats and Les Pauls...

I've uploaded it to the rig exchange, so make sure to grab it, I'd love some feedback though.

If you wanna "donate" something for my work, donate a "like" for my facebook page_

https://www.facebook.com/LasseLammertStudio

Thanks!

Thanks everyone, glad you like the pack!

one little bit of information:

The inactive slots in the stomp and post section (Dist and EQ etc) are supposed to be inactive, I created the profiles without them in mind.
    So no need to activate them (of course you could...but they're not set up like I would have set them up etc...all the profiles should work without post processing).
    WHY are they there but inactive you ask?
    Well, because they were there and inactive when I created the profile, and I didn't bother to delete them entirely ;)