Free Lasse Lammert Clean Profile: Soldano SLO100

• Hey fellas, s'craic?

I know, many people associate my name with high gain sounds (and I truly love high gain sounds), but that doesn't mean that I can't produce clean sounds as well....
    I've just fannied about with my new toy, a Soldano SLO100 with the Scoop Mod...and although the SLO is primarily known for its overdrive, I gotta say, I'm REALLY digging it for clean sounds.

So I've just created a profile of it...single Royer R-121 in front of a Mesa Stiletto cab...this profile works great with Strats and Les Pauls...

I've uploaded it to the rig exchange, so make sure to grab it, I'd love some feedback though.

If you wanna "donate" something for my work, donate a "like" for my facebook page_

https://www.facebook.com/LasseLammertStudio

Thanks!

• Thanks a lot! It's great seeing you cruising around here on the forums - the profiler has a lot to benefit from a mic'ing expert.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Will try ASAP. Thank you for sharing. And as others have said that rig pack you did that shows up on the Kemper factory rig pack list is just awesome. Absoultely Beastly! A big belated thank you for that too!

dB

• I still haven't explored all the sounds from the rig pack (I am in love with the "Bombed!" profile, can't get past it, fingers hurt ...), and now this! :D

• Thanks for the share, but imo there are better sounding rigs of the SLO-100 at the RE.
    Anyway - I love the other rigs you shared, thanks a lot.

I disagree....;)
    but since tone is subjective and always a matter of taste, there'll NEVER be a sound/tone/profile that everyone thinks is the best, so I'm not surprised if there's someone who doesn't think this is the best clean SLO profile. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated!

• Yes I'm sure this rig will sound great on your gear & output system , it does not sound especially attractive on my low gain guitars. The main reason most of KPA users don't like a specific that sound good for other users is the mismatch between Output system and input guitars. When you setup tour mic in front of your tube amp while profiling you manage to meet a very specific combination that you like , but it's very tied to the way you play , your style and the type of guitar you use to monitor the whole chain.
    I give only 4/5 stars on a rig if it's sound good on my gear, I won't give rating to a rig that is probably not made for me.

• I don't agree 100%

you're dead on about the fact that of course I dial in an amp/micing etc to my liking when profiling it, sure!
    So yeah, there's a lot of personal taste and preference involved in that process.
    I do not agree about different guitars and players, I'm using all my profiles in the Studio with various diffrent guitars, tunings and players, so they're not tailor made for my specific style and guitars (for my taste? yes, very likely).
    This one I've actually played with a Fender USA Strat with Neck Single coil in standard tuning...but I've also used it for another player with a Les Paul with the middle position tuned 2 semitones down.
    A good profile IMO works with different players and guitars, but it is of course not universal for all styles and settings.

This profile for example is not dialed in to have the warmest and fullest clean tone for camp fire chord playing etc, it's actually rather scooped and works great for surf guitar sounds with a strat as well as for single note lines with the in-between-settings on a strat and for arpeggiated chord picking on a Les Paul...
    I wouldn't use it to record a singer/songwriter ballad of course....but that's not because the player/guitar matters much, it's because different settings/styles demand different sounds...and this one won't work for singer songwriter ballads very well...just like a warm singer/songwriter profile won't work well for Knopfler type of stuff...

But I don't think that's a big surprise to be honest, is it?
    I's always about picking the right tools for the job, and a profile is just that, a tool...if your jigsaw doesn't do a good job putting a nail into the wall, it's not the jigsaw's fault...it's just not the right tool.

I do have a couple of those thick warm sounding clean profile as well (Fender Combo, Jackson Reference 100 (!!!) etc.....but I can't give you all my tools, can I? ;) )