Posts by plek

Apparently the KPA has a lot of headroom and so the odd amber light shouldn't be too bad - does it sound like it's clipping?

thanks brattcave,
    doesn't sound like its clipping.. even with. clean sence set at zero and all output volumes(cabs ect) at zero the led is still glowing amber red, could it be related to output links ?

had my kpa about a month or so and noticed that my output led always glows amber to red when playing even the cleanest profile, ive tried everything I know of, lowering volume on main out, monitor out, headphones, master volume, main volume but to no avail, it sounds ok to my ears but I,ve not been able to hear a profile with the led just on green so I cant really compare, is this normal or is something a miss, any feedback appreciated
    thanks

Plek: can you elaborate which stomps are sounding bad?

hi sage, mainly every high distortion stomp but it is very noisy when changing effects or profiles (rigs), it was so bad I had to downgrade to 1.7.0

is anyone else experiencing problems with stomps after upgrade to 1.8.0 ?
    changing browsing effects is very very noisey and some distortion stomps now unusable sounds like a cocked wah even if not playing....!

I've been using them a lot today. They sound great and they really take to other cabinets too! the Greenback from a Reason Bambino profile off the exchange for one and really sounded good with almost any cab I tried which is kind of unusual from my experience anyway.

Can you make an almost clean one? Like half the gain as your clean/breakup profile with stronger mids by a touch...

i think they work with alot of cabs because the original profile was done with the entire stack section disabled and the clean/breakup profile cleans up really well when you back off the gain and like you say, add mids

Sounds great!

Thanks so much for posting these, very balanced and natural sounding to my ears in your clip.

I was wondering where these profiles came from, I don't come in often enough to know everyone and found these on the exchange. I took one of the gainy settings and added a mesa cab and it works fantastic for heavy tones as well, the clip is in the clips section... But thanks again, love the tones!!

glad you like them, the kemper is ace is'nt it?

3x jmp1 profiles (clean/breakup-crunch and lead) uploaded to rig exchange author joHNNY-1f , added a 1960 cab from another profile to add a bit of depth, i like them, please let me know what you think. its my first upload and i would like to contribute to the rig exchange.
    thanks

Can you elaborate more detailed Your experiences?
    .....because I have a few unsuccessful attempts at some preamps profiling process...

ok i'll try, i'm pretty new to this so bare with me.
    from my understanding of profiling you create new profiles from existing profiles ( the manual says to choose a simular profile to the one you want to create, i.e, existing gainy profile when creating new high gain profile ect..)
    at first i was'nt having any luck creating a usable profile from my marshall jmp1 preamp so i started messing around with the settings on the existing profile (downloaded from rig exchange, slo100 by milna ,Great profile thanks milna! axe fx profile i believe.). it was then i noticed that the "reference" signal was being coloured by the existing profiles stack,amp eq and cab settings ( i didnt think that was possible but it was definately happening) so i turned them all off prior to profiling. the reference didnt sound too good at this point but i went ahead anyway..... the profiling finished and the stack,amp eq and cab lights all came on automatically and as soon as i played the KPA a huge smile appeared on my face after ab-ing reference and KPA they both sounded ace.. i repeated the process several times all with great results. i don't know if this would work profiling a real valve amp because i'm not in a position to profile amps myself perhaps someone could give it a go!!! i'll post a clip or the profile of my jmp1 over the weekend sometime, it sounds great i played it for three hours last night....

thanks sage, im very new to profiling perhaps it is a case of trial and error, i know the kpa was designed to profile amplifiers but i have played with some really good profiles of preamps from the rig exchange.

yes way off from the reference but i noticed that the stack,amp,cab and eq were colouring the reference signal somehow and i,ve profiled the preamps tonight turning all those off and now i am getting really good profiles... Is this Normal? i couldnt find anything about this in the manual !

hi guy's, have been trying to profile 2 pre-amps that i own, a marshall jmp1 and a voodu valve but results have been a little dissapointing so far, does anyone have any useful tips for profiling pre-amps.
    thanks

Thanks for the tips on wav size didnt want to bore anyone with full track without vocals (I cant sing lol) the kpa is awsome :)

just want to say what a fantastic unit the KPA is. unfortunately i'm not in a position to profile my own gear but would like to personally thank every one who has contributed to the rig exchange. I cant stop playing them all !!!!!! amazing thanks .

heres a link to a wav file of my music recorded last night (just solo part don't want to bore you all) Guitars and bass recorded from the KPA (all profiles from the rig exchange) to my old mac G5 via a very cheep interface (single input only) and logic pro.. drums played by my trusty old alesis sr16. and forgot my old cry baby infront..
    thanks again every one!!! cant wait to contribute myself. :thumbup:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64581337/dig%20solo1.wav

hi all, i think you have to remember that profiles from pro's have more than likely been done in a top studio environment and therefore the signall is also going through the studios outboard gear which would enhance the sound considerably.