Posts by plek

i think its going to take some getting used to with a lot of profile tweaking heading my way. im going to find it hard to give up tube amps for live work...(not had chance to crank it up yet!)

hi, I've had my finger on the dxr10 button for some time, i'm still using "valve" amps for live (what a pleb).. i'm not particularly happy with my KPA through guitar cabs. its got a completely different feel than studio monitors (not so realistic "just my preference"). I will look into the behringer now.. thanks for the heads up :thumbup: !

Great tone

thanks gorillabendz
    great tone is a lot more easier to achieve since the arrival of the kemper
    thanks to all for the positive comments.. this has to be the friendliest forum ive ever been involved with.. although theres not much for us to argue about :D !

Nerdy tech question: What are you using for drums?

hi drum machine is an alesis sr18 into logic pro but there is an excellent compression preset in logic called "FET live Drums"
    instant drums in a room sound.. .but the Kemper has just changed my whole recording experience, before i used 11 rack which at the time i really liked. rock on !!!!

hi all first post in this section for me, recorded on logic in my home studio (or the "bedroom" as the wife likes to call it)
    all guitars and bass via the KPA ,TAF's Rock 800 profile for rythm and lead and the middle section i used my own profile of my JMP1 midi preamp for rythm and lead... just had a listen to all the other links here. there is some excellent stuff on here guys !!!...... all hail to the mighty kemper ! :thumbup:

https://soundcloud.com/plek2/instrumental-3

sad news about not being able to have the power amp in my toaster, wasn't it supposed to go into that large hole that was specifically designed for a power amp in the back of my kpa ?
    any way I digress, what if this large hole was utilised for something else ? say an external hard drive for storing profiles and presets ect....connected by the usb port or Ethernet port, freeing up loads of memory for future features maybe....!! or even a DSP upgrade extending the life of the KPA indefinitely...
    what do you think ?
    :thumbup:

Did you get this solved or is it still in progress

all resolved now thank you all, downgraded OS and upgraded back to 1.8.0(new download) everything is as it should be no noise when browsing effects no dodgy distortion stomps... I put it down to bad download of OS
    thanks again

There was a thread a while ago about clipping on clean rigs, might be a useful read:
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?p…droom#post50512

many thanks i'll check out that link, im discovering the same as you to the point where I can max out all the other volumes but leave the main volume below -10db and the light stays green ! fine in my home studio where I can adjust inputs outside of the kemper but may be an issue live.
    have now raised a support ticket, will report on any remedy

Is it happening on many rigs? [Standard advice mode entered] You might want to try a system reset when you boot up (Hold system on boot up) but you''ll have to enter your details all over. My rig volume is usually at 12 o clock - is yours much higher than that? Like I said the creeping orange light of caution has featured quite a bit with me as well but it's got better with subsequent updates for some reason. Try the reset and see if it clears things. Btw, you haven't got like a whole football crowd in the effect loops boosting the signal have you?

hi, its happening on all rigs clean or dirty, just discovered this afternoon that the only way to bring the output led back to green is to set the main volume below -10db nothing else seems to work(master volume output/monitor/headphone volumes ect...). the sound is alot clearer but far too quite now. have tried system reset (twice) downgrading OS upgrading OS. nothing in loop!
    did notice however the led was just "RED" on OS 1.6.1 now back to Amber/red on 1.8.0... also just watched a video on youtube of the new pitchshifter and this guy's led is about the same as mine ( am i just being paranoid). hope he doesn't mind me posting this, its a great video showing the pitch shifter tho!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxpERXWuG7Ib

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxpERXWuG7I