Posts by plek

Could be its more prevelant in the UK,lots of venues that once had original bands now have mainly tributes/covers

kind of agree !!! when I first started playing in bands most venues put on original artists and cover bands were resigned to play the working mens clubs (then deemed the lesser circuit)... public demand has changed along with the music industry.. there are far far less original artists selling today (thanks cowel, I hold you and your lesser known cronies entirely responsible).!!!!! nothing wrong with a good cover band though !

a good musician is a good musician no matter what he or she plays !

1/4" outputs are +16 dBu at 0 dBFS (Kemper max/clip), and the XLR outputs are +22 dBu.

The levels are what they are (quite normal) and you need to take them into consideration when adjusting destination input (and/or Kemper output) ;) Remember to set your interface inputs at +4 dBu reference.

thanks,

but to my ears there is much more than a +6dbu difference !!!!

hi fella's,

i'm baffled by totally different output volumes, xlr balanced output is way too hot.(totally unusable at the moment)

please listen to the small sound wav below.......

first clip is main output (guitar cable) ... second clip is monitor output (guitar cable).. third clip is balanced output (xlr)

all output levels set to -20db, master volume 70percent, volume at 9 o'clock ( all cables tested ) and all inputs into logic set identically

the strangest thing is that if I adjust the master volume down by any amount.. all outputs automatically sets to zero and I have no volume at all.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…81337/output%20volume.mp3

video of master volume problem .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Im-WDmPO9A

I am totally stuck guy's any advice welcome thanks ?(

this old school guitarist wanted to know what all the fuss was about lately regarding the kempers pitch effects so
    this is a recording of my first attemp with a pitch shifter after 30 years of playing, not as easy to play one as first thought but think i got the hang of it.
    profiles used = lead and pitchshift = slo 100 originally by milla (really like this profile in a mix for lead work) and clean & rythym = my own jmp1
    preamp profiles and ampeg profile for bass.
    hd500 for midi control only. ( never used midi control before either)
    logic pro9

the track is a little (very) satriani like but i had been listening to alot of jeff beck at the time lol!

https://soundcloud.com/plek2/borrowed-from-beck

i am loving this part of the forum some amazing talent at work on here guy's, keep it comming !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Hey man, have you tried putting the outs of the KPA into the input of your am or straight to your speaker in you marshall.. I found that even with my little fender superchamp xd, kpa into the guitar input, sounded amazing, powerful and real.. all I can think of, is we are unable to take away the mic and room from the profiles.. this might be the difference you are hearing... you can only really AB them if the amp is mic'd up and you are hearing it through studio monitors in another room, then listen to the KPA. but side by side it's always going to be different...

Hey man, have you tried putting the outs of the KPA into the input of your am or straight to your speaker in you marshall.. I found that even with my little fender superchamp xd, kpa into the guitar input, sounded amazing, powerful and real.. all I can think of, is we are unable to take away the mic and room from the profiles.. this might be the difference you are hearing... you can only really AB them if the amp is mic'd up and you are hearing it through studio monitors in another room, then listen to the KPA. but side by side it's always going to be different...

ciao :)

hi, have tried all methods even gigged with the dxr's all im saying is that it just does'nt suite me for playing in a live band situation. don't get me wrong, i love my KPA and its a keeper for me, i love recording with it and its still one of my best purchases ever !!!!! :thumbup:

Ihave the same feeling. I need a tube amp. I fact, I think I'm going to buy a new one soon because I've just sold my Cornford.

Profiling an amp or profiling the OD pedals I use in front of it doesn't always work but it almost always works! As the manual says, not everything can be profiled (e.g. Tube Screamer and clones). But the KPA is going to stay at home because I can get one thousand awesome tones.

Saludos!
    Paco

totally agree with paco!!!!!
    a month ago i purchased 2 x yamaha dxr10's, in my room at home they sounded great. but had real trouble enjoying them in the rehearsal room. i don't know why ( just my personal preference maybe). yesterday i took my trusty 1979 marshall jmp 50 head and my customised 1936 2x12 back to the rehearsal room and AB'd the two set ups.. really guys! no comparison, the real amp kicked the KPA's butt big style. so, the jmp is back in for live use for good.!!!. and my KPA is will now reside in my home studio and will definately join me for outings to other studio's ( where in reality, it was designed to be) and where it remains king in this department.!!
    "the best of both worlds", in my humble opinion !

this has happened with my k.p.a twice since I upgraded to 1.8 beta I am also witnessing the bright led flash which occurs at any random moment ?????