Posts by KoMa

the last dude telling me he liked his input red was doing some crazy industrial-noize-shit ;)

But to each his won ;) Anyway, if I'd be you I'dturn down the input volume till the led is green and increase the output-volume. Especially if you are doing recording tasks as this can cause clipping. And that's something you don't want with a great unit like the kemper. Cause as great as it is but it's not a tape machine ;)

Yeah, I mean with almost every unit like this it is essential to not just rely on factory sounds but to also edit them to your taste. And I know what I'm talking about cause I've been using a pod for many years for recording. ;)

So it's gonna be a bless to work with the kemper especially if you have the sound you want in your head and you just have to translate it from your head to your speakers. I can see that this will be much easier or maybe not easier but better in results than with the pod.

And btw if you guys have some more recommendations for qotsa-like sounds or maybe Alice in Chains alike then I'm curious to hear them ;)

I'll be getting my kemper by next wekk, guess that's how it feels when you're waiting for your first child to arrive ;)

So far I've heard that the factory profiles are not that good and I already started to download profiles that look interesting to me.
    Now I wanna know if you can recommend me any profiles with a qotsa-like sound. Doesn't matter which era as they switch their gear and change their sound pretty drastically from record to record.

I'm thankful for any help you guys can provide.

Greetz
    K.

I read so much about KPA telling things and the complete opposite that i am completly lost.

Actually I have to disagree with this statement. I also did a lot of research on gear over the past years and never in my life I have experinced such a postive echo to one product. And I'm not talking about this message board here cause that would be kind of pointless.
    You'll always find people saying something negative, I mean it's the internet so what do you expect. ;)
    But the kemper receives a remarkable good echo all over the place.

Buy that goddamn thing and you will not regret it ;)

absolutely impossible to notice the 3 ms latency like everyone said hear already, unless you have a crappy audio interface but I todays interfaces almost all are capable of providing low latency tracking.

If you do notice the kemper latency then let me congratulate you on your superpowers, sir!

hey guys,

a reworked rig exchange site would be amazing.
    besides the kemper itself it is one of the most important features and first of all I think it deserves its own proper page instead of that cuout area it has now.

I mean at the beginning it probably did the deal but by now I think it's time to revamp the rig exchange.

See I don't even own a Kemper (yet) but I'm about to buy one and I was already looking for some rigs to download, to have them prepared when I get the unit and looking for certrain rigs is a struggle.
    For example it would be great if you could sort the rating by votes and a possibilty to tag the rigs and search tags (music genre, brand, bands that use the same gear...). Also a comment field for the author or even the community to add some more info to the rig.
    Also the ability to click on an author and you see all profiles the author has uploaded, the same with tags. I know you can search for that but it would be a very comfortable feature.
    So with the growing exchange library and community it would be great if you guys could provide a more comfortable navigation.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Gitarrenschlumpf: Danke für das Angebot. Leider lohnt es sich von den Fahrtkosten her nicht für mich, sonst gerne!

So if there are any users from Berlin here, feel free to contact me ;)

Hey guys,

I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and now I decided to join the community. Unfortunately I don't have Kemper yet(!) but I'm so impressed with what I have read and heard about it, that it's only a matter of couple of weeks till I'm getting one.

I haven't found a store in Berlin that is selling the Kemper so I wanted to ask i there is someone from Berlin here and would be kind enough to let me try out his or her unit with my guitar. Any help would be appreciated.

Take care!
    KoMa