Posts by Karl

I've just moved by own performance from 38 to 1, slots 1-4 were filled, but, slot 5 wasn't. I turned slot 5 on and then selected the same profile that all the other 4 use (which is stored as a favourite, the only one). The name for the 5th slot on lcd screen indicated by the x here > [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [x] said "slot" instead of proper profile name, I tried multiple times to load the profile, which did seem to load correctly, but, not the name of it, it stayed at saying [Slot]. I then used the browse knob to change to another profile to see if the profile name would come up, it did. I loaded this one and then went back to my initial profile and loaded that one. This time the Large name for my profile was fine (one in the middle), but, the lower smaller name (that displays original profile name) was wrong, it said the name of the 2nd profile instead. I then again browsed for my rig by setting to "All rigs" and "sort by name". Found my rig and this time it loaded in properly. Hope this helps you find it, thanks!

The reason we haven't seen a spring reverb fx yet is probably because such an effect would be a new addition to any ck product. The access virus doesn't have a spring reverb, but, if ck developed one for the kpa, then, it's likely it could be ported to the access virus product line aswell. We'll have to wait and see on this because I'm sure ck will want to do a great version of it once he starts tackling it.

Please change current behaviour of changing fx with browse knob to start from current fx position instead of starting from first fx in the list. I.e. If current fx is distortion 1, then turning browse would show list from distortion 1 instead of starting from "A" alphabetically fx. Current 2.3 os makes changing fx very time consuming and there's no way of telling what the previous fx was. Adding a little star to highlight current/last fx for current slot while browsing fx would really help too. Thanks!

Great so far. One bonus of this firmware is rigs aren't limited to 1000. I have over 1400 now (again like older firmware) with factory content loaded in aswell and it's telling me the memory is maxed out. What I have noticed is switching between browser and perform modes seems to take a little longer now. On bootup the system displays the file types it's checking. As far as I can tell all of my settings haven't been touched and it's working as before. Excellent, so how about that Spring Reverb?

I've stumbled upon a method to make the pedals more reliable for use with kemper. Before my fcb with uno4kemper's pedal for volume sometimes wouldn't go into tuner mode properly. Turning the fcb on with pedals in the up/heel down position seems to rectify this problem for me. YMMV.

After quite a few months experimenting my favoured setup is actually both together. Marshall JMD102 fx return plus JBL prx612m on a short stand provides plenty of volume and spread. It works best when both setups are balanced volume-wise with only a slight edge given to the marshall tube amp.

I'm using same uno4kemper and don't think it's much different to using my real pedal board tbh. I've been playing live for many years and the reality of the situation is you've just got to learn to use your gear. Recording is a different matter, but, even with a powerful pc and RME interface there is still latency switching rigs using vst software. Onstage you will always be dealing with some level of latency anyway so just learn the "timing" of what you've got cause it's rarely instant like how we'd all like.

A dedicated speaker system to pair with the powered-kemper would make a lot of sense right now. That would mean all 4 components could be offered by kemper for full-rig (Pre-amp, amp, speakers, foot-controller)...eventually. Anyway, I'm enjoying my kemper after re-introducing it back into my band rig in December last year so looking forward to future developments.

Thanks for sharing guys! I have an interesting setup to share. Kemper monitor out -10db, flat eq, cab off going into fx in of a Marshall JMD102, marshall settings; -10 for fx return, mod off, reverb off, presence 5. Massive sound with cab and tube feel! Now my kemper sounds very authentic with plenty of volume on tap for band rehearsal. Highs sound sweet and bass sounds right. The JMD is marshalls first digital pre-amp amp with tube power-amp and seems to work equally well with my kemper.