Posts by Karl

I'm running Uno4Kemper v.1.1 with 2.7.3 and have no problems whatsoever. Maybe something got screwed up somewhere? A dodgy midi cable perhaps?

Cheers,
    Sam

I had to set midi channel to 1 instead of 15 to fix my problem. It's now detected properly and working again.

BUG: UNO4KEMPER v1.1. pedals don't work properly when running in Performance mode. Switching back to Browse doesn't fix the problem and can also occasionally disable the whole fcb1010 controls. When fcb1010 is turned on the display says "Midi controller connected" instead of uno4kemper. Sometimes even resetting fcb1010 the pedals problem persists. Please look into it, thanks!

BUG: UNO4KEMPER v1.1. pedals don't work properly when running in Performance mode. Switching back to Browse doesn't fix the problem and can also occasionally disable the whole fcb1010 controls. When fcb1010 is turned on the display says "Midi controller connected" instead of uno4kemper. Sometimes even resetting fcb1010 the pedals problem persists. Please look into it, thanks!

No I won't. I have enough background. I'm speaking about playing. When I play - I feel it the most.
    All records are different, though. Depends on how guitar is used. If it is a layered background - then no wonder. When it is an expressive lead instrument - I doubt. However everybody has own expression methods, so I guess I can speak for myself only.

Tbh, for me the most important factor is actually volume for playing feel whether I'm using tube or modelling. Through headphones the playing experience is completely different because there's no feedback to the guitar from the amp. The sound vibrations that come back to the guitar makes a difference and makes it easier to play. Tube is the easiest to play and feel ofcourse, but, that doesn't take anything away from modelling. Ios guitar modelling apps are getting better every year. Good enough for band rehearsal at least.

I'm sure -10db is the ideal input signal level from Kemper to Alto for best range (that's what I use with my TS112a). Failing everything else, just plug your guitar straight into the speaker, then, check volume output on Kemper to match. Once you've got the basic volume you can try to bring it up on the Kemper output until it sounds right without being too hot.

Also check this old thread, different speakers obviously, but, gives you an idea Share your Kemper with FRFR settings!=

You have to make sure you are using a 24bit interface like I rig pro or it doesn't sound that good. Problem I have is with last update latency is worse. I just downloaded Yanuk Tonestack, to my iPad,to try. Reports are little latency with dual paths and very good effects.

I also have the Tonestack motherload (which is everything for v1.0) it's nice. For comparison's sake it offers the most effects that can be loaded/used at one time out of all the current Ipad fx (64 at once) which only Ampkit can come close (32). It's the first to offer dual-amps. The 70 effects are comprehensive and cover a lot of ground and the biggest collection out of any guitar fx app aswell. There are 2 problems though with Tonestack 1) Amps don't sound that good on their own and are relatively quiet, volume-wise 2) Used with a FRFR speaker there is a lot of noise and squealing which reminds me of early days virtual guitar amps (no squealing problems with Jamup, Ampkit or Amplitube). Yonac are obviously aware of the problem as each amp/preset comes loaded with Noise X (noise limiter). On the otherhand, the distortion/overdrive pedals do give Tonestack amps a lot of life and character. Definitely a great app for tweakers and patch makers. If you want to try lots of amps and make your own though, then, Jampup along with Bias is the way to go. Just don't expect the best fx routing or number of simulataneous effects from it. Reverbs are usually the weakest link in ios guitar fx apps (ampkit is only ok (some amps have reverb), Jampup is good and covers all the basics, Amplitube reverb is built into the amp, sounds average). Tonestack is good in this area also, but, something like AD480 might be more your thing if you're after quality (minus spring reverb). Mobile pod seems to be good if you're willing to buy the interface, not the best for heavier music though, but, a decent benchmark standard. Currently testing out Flying Haggis aswell...

The ipad version is actually really good. Jam up (their primary guitar amp/fx app) is also very good. Bias amps do seem to sound better on it's own than when put into Jamup. I use both with an Irig Pro and FCB1010. Works great. I also really like Ampkit which I use with the same setup. My primary use with both these apps (Jamup and Ampkit) is to recreate my real pedal board and amp sounds. I use the Kemper in exactly the same way.

You can use 2 fs6 with the kemper. I actually use 1 fs6 and 1 fs5 to extend control options along with an U4K fcb1010. If you use 2 you can assign 1 set to up/down and the other to turn delay on/off along with 1 more parameter.

This makes perfect sense to me, while others are really stretching their imagination of what can and can't be achieved with eq. Look, it's another "step" forward in the right direction. Not a major leap, just enough to further lower the approximation aspect between what you hear from recordings of tones and what "we" actually hear at home/studio using the same profiles. Bravo tbh.

I use a U4K fcb1010 along with a Boss FS6 and FS5U (stuck together for mini 3 pedal board) to add extra controls for delay, reverb and boost. Might get another FS6 cause I do find the extra pedals for fx very useful in replicating my real fx board. Similar to others, top row fx stomps and bottom row for individual profiles. I use the kemper to replicate my real amp and fx board rig. As I only use 1 amp profile in band I find both browser and performance modes have their uses. Depends how simple I'm feeling hehe.

The most interesting part for me is that in fact there's going to be more than one MW rig pack :) Can't wait to see what makes it into the first pack! Thank you MW. <Extreme fan.