Posts by prickstein

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this but here is a clip of me jamming 5150 to a cheesy backing track I found online using one of my newly acquired Michael Wagener profiles.

Please excuse the blunders, I'm still trying to remember how to play it.

Guitar is straight into Prot Tools, no eq but with a little bit of Eventide pitch shift added in PT for the Hager era VH sound.

https://www.facebook.com/video…6306782167&type=2&theater

Cheers,

Rick

Hi,

I'm programming all the sounds I need for the show I play in and am trying to nail some harmoniser parts but need to automate the Voice 1 Pitch parameter to a click in order to pull things off.

The Reference Manual says to refer to the MIDI manual but I can't make sense of how to find a number for the parameters.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Rick

Hi all,

I'm programming cc and pc data for the show I play in so my Kemper will pull off the guitar sounds just like the record but I can't find a pan parameter.
    I need the guitar to pan hard right for a bar, then hard left for another before switching back up the middle with another patch another bar later.
    Am I having a boy look?

Cheers,

Rick

Lots of computers/devices here. All Mac/iOS.
    Peculiar that you chose to do a Windows release first.
    Being that I am an audio professional when not playing guitar, I have never used Windows and wouldn't know how to turn it on.

Vinny, I'm using a Brian May brand Red Special. Am talking to Greg Fryer about installing a Treble Booster in the guitar which will make it a lot easier to use it with a wireless, It needs to be the first thing in the signal chain to get the gain roll off with the volume knob.
    Joptunes, I usually have an AC30 or two waiting for me as back line though I rely on them a lot less since getting the Kemper. I would be happy to just use the monitors provided they are good enough.

Do you use the harmoniser in Bo Rap?

I use the harmoniser in You're My Best Friend, Save Me and I Want It All so far.
    Now that I have finished the promo, I plan on creating some visual movies that play alongside us for each song.
    Then I can program patch changes to be fired at the Kemper to switch patches automatically for me to try and get every harmony line as per the record. I'd have to spend all night tap dancing otherwise.

I don't mind sharing, let me do a new profile, refine it a bit then I'll share.
    When monitoring through an amp on stage, I turn the cab sim off through monitor out of the Kemper which loses the acoustic sound through my cab but FOH still gets the acoustic sound.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
    For most of the show, I use the Amp Factory's cranked AC30 profile with no added eq and a bit of chorus.
    I also have another patch which is the same profile minus the chorus and using the stereo widener for earlier, pre chorus Brian sounds.
    I profiled the acoustic guitar simulator from my Digitech Red Special pedal for Crazy Little Thing and use a Boogie profile for the solo.
    Our sound guy was not keen on the idea when I told him I was getting a unit to go direct but had his mind changed when he heard the Kemper.
    Carry on luggage and takes me 2 mins to setup and soundcheck- the best guitar investment I've ever made.

He sent me the profile and I was able to recreate that sound. However, I tested it only with a clean sound, since the treble booster was the profile itself.

It was easy to setup just by listening: I turned the Tone control of the Profilers Treble Booster to 1.5. That's it.

Hey Chris, I just got back from a tour and forgot about this.
    Did I send the profile of the Treble Booster to you or someone else? I don't recall doing it. The last month has been a blur of planes and hotel rooms so I may have.

I play in a Queen tribute show and use a hand wired Fryer Treble Booster in front of the Kemper to get my Brian May tones.
    Unfortunately, the Treble Booster in the Kemper doesn't clean up when I roll back the volume knob on the guitar the way the analog one does.
    I'm going to hire an older AC30 and do a profiling session with the Treble Booster in front of it next week.
    I hope it profiles well. I might try profiling the Treble Booster it in combination with another amp first to see if it captures the volume knob roll off thing.

Where is a delayed pitch shifter needed in Killer Queen?

At 1:48, Brian does the cascading bell thing that Queen were fond of for a bar or two. (think Bohemian Rhapsody "Magnifico o o o o")
    The harmony notes panned left and right come in one after another, I could do this live if one could delay each harmony note by a given amount.
    I would be spitting program change numbers at my KPA via Ableton and we would be playing to a click to save on the tap dancing though.

Still nothing on the stereo guitar cab monitoring situation?

How about unlinking the XLR and Quarter Inch Jack Main Outs so that my signal remains the same to FOH and the Jacks can feed a stereo power amp while it's volume is adjusted by the KPA's master volume?