Posts by Jimi71

Sorry for the late response. Yes, we used the same setup we use for making our Marshall profiles, but with a low level tap taken off the signal and fed back as a DI. Using the DI profiles with a clean power amp and speakers should sound just like our regular profiles. Of course the tone using DI profiles will vary slightly due to differences in your speaker cab versus ours.

-Jimi

Thanks guys!

On a side note, is there a demand for DI profiles of the '68 and '74 SuperLeads, the Lee Jackson Marshall, and the '78 Master volume Marshall? I could also do the '70 Fender Dual Showman Reverb.

-Jimi

Soon after the release of the AFD100 and YJM100 profile packs, we upgraded our Kemper to the new V3.0 firmware and took some direct profiles (no speaker cabinet) before we had to let the amps go. This is me sobbing after giving the amps back --> :(

Due to a bug in the Kemper V3.0 firmware, we were only able to grab DI profiles for some of the profiles. The Kemper decides for itself whether you are using a speaker cabinet or not, and the decision making process is currently unreliable. For some amp settings, the Kemper can assume you're using a speaker cabinet when you're really not. There is unfortunately no way to override this decision and force the Kemper into DI profiling mode, so we did the best we could. We were able to get DI profiles for the High and Max gain settings of both amps, and Med settings on the YJM.

A DI profile addendum has already been sent out to everyone who had already purchased the AFD and YJM packs without the DI's.

Thanks,

Jimi :thumbup:

The only difference I can think of would be the guitars used. I have Fralin Pure PAFs in my Les Paul and a Fralin in the bridge of my Strat. The neck and middle pickups of the Strat are the stock Custom Shop pickups. The Charvel has an EVH Frankenstein pickup. I've used a lot of pickups over the years, and I've settled on these as my faves.

Can you further describe the "juicy and organic" sound you're lacking?

-Jimi

Kryho,

Sorry for the inconvenience. You should have received an email immediately with a download link. Sometimes these get rejected by email service providers. :cursing:

Can you send an email to [email protected] and let me know what you ordered? I'll email you your profiles.

Thank you,
    Jimi

+1

I'm having the same problem. Running out of the speaker output of a Marshall into a load box, then taking a line output from the load box back into the Kemper. The Kemper still includes a cabinet in the resulting profile. I wish there was a way to tell the Kemper that you're doing a DI so it doesn't mistakenly assume you have a cabinet when you don't. It appears I have no way to make a DI profile?

-Jimi

Hey Kemperites,

We just finished profiling the Marshall Yngwie Malmsteen model -- the YJM100. The amp is based on the classic 100W Super Lead, but has several additional features on the back panel (most notably a built-in front end booster). This amp is massive in every way -- an extra deep cabinet, huge transformers, massive available gain, and massive tone! This amp loved to have it's inputs jumpered, so we did most of our profiles that way. We paired it with a Marshall 4x12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s. Best of all, it was manufactured on 11-11-11, which is Spinal Tap Day! What could be more rock than that?

Profiles available at: http://www.topjimi.com

Thanks,
    Jimi

Demo Video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HQ Audio Demo

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.