Posts by Jimi71

The definition parameter is set by the Kemper during profiling. We don't usually touch it.

The Kemper does a fantastic job of capturing the sound of the real amp (however it does it!). We give you the sound of the real amp, and let you tweak the parameters to whatever gives you the tone you're looking for.

-Jimi

Thanks guys. We love vintage Marshalls, but this one definitely holds it's own. We were really impressed with this amp (with the exception of the new Marshall power soak feature). The power soak makes the sound thin and weak. We didn't use it. The great tone seems in line with the huge transformers and seemingly good build quality.

Love the choice of AFD and #34 modes (especially the AFD). The AFD mode is a little wild (like you'd expect from a modded amp), having a ton of gain on tap. But if you set it up right, the tone is among my all-time faves.

-Jimi

We've just completed profiling the Marshall Slash amplifier -- the AFD100. The amp has two modes. The AFD mode emulates the sound of the hot-rodded metal-panel Super Lead used by Slash to record the first Guns N' Roses album. The #34 mode emulates his modded JCM800 used in later recordings. The AFD mode has more gain, with the #34 being similar to a standard JCM800. There are (5) 12AX7's in the preamp section and (4) 6550's for output power. This is a really great amp. We had a blast profiling this one, and we think we got some pretty killer tones. Let us know what you think.

Demo Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HQ Audio:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,
    Jimi

Kemper Fans,

We're pleased to announce the addition of profiles for two new amps: the Marshall Bluesbreaker Combo (1990's reissue) and the 1964 Fender Vibroverb.

Marshall Bluesbreaker Combo:

The amp is a 1990's reissue of the original early 1960's Marshall Bluesbreaker combo. Features two Celestion Greenback speakers which were made in England and have the revered 6402 cones. Great speakers! We profiled the amp with both the original 5881 output tubes as well as a pair of KT-66's for different tones. The KT-66's give more of an upper midrange crunch -- the 5881's are smoother. Tonal range is from very slightly dirty to AC/DC crunch and slightly beyond. KILLER!

Video Demo:

External Content www.youtube.com

HQ Audio Demo:

1964 Fender Vibroverb:

These profiles are made from a very rare, all-original 1964 Fender Vibroverb. This amp was only produced from 1963-1964 and thus production numbers were very low. This is of course the amp used by Stevie Ray Vaughan during much of his career. It is rated at 40W and retains the original 15" Jensen speaker. This amp has juicy cleans and just the right amount of Fender breakup at medium to high volume. One of our favorite vintage Fenders!

Video Demo:

HQ Audio Demo:

Check 'em out and let us know what you think!

Thank you,
    Jimi

Good question. Unfortunately I don't own most of the amps I have profiled, so it would be extremely expensive and time consuming to redo all the profiles. I do own most of the Marshalls we've done ('68 and '74 Super Leads, '74 Lee Jackson modded, '78 MkII Lead) so I'll look into the merits of re-profiling those amps.

I have a bad case of Marshall G.A.S.

-Jimi

FYI... We've created a couple new bundles in our store -- one for our Fender profiles and one for the Marshalls.

The Fabulous Fender Bundle (196 profiles; $64.99; save $14.91 over individual purchases):

1950's Super Amp
    1959 5F6-A Bassman
    1959 5F10 Harvard
    1959 5F8-A Twin
    1960 5F1 Champ
    1962 6G6-A Bassman
    1964 AA864 Bassman
    1965 Deluxe Reverb
    1967 Super Reverb
    1970 Dual Showman Reverb

The Mega Marshall Bundle (127 profiles; $39.99; save $7.95 over individual purchases):

1968 Super Lead
    1974 Super Lead
    1974 Lee Jackson Marshall
    1978 Mark II Lead
    1987 Silver Jubilee
    (Recent) Dual Super Lead

http://www.topjimi.com/Multi-Amp-Packs_c8.htm

Thanks,
    Jimi

Great amps make great profiles! This is simply the best amp I've ever played. Not sure if it's commonplace for '74 Super Leads to sound this good, of if this is a special one. Whatever the case, I'm not arguing with the results. :thumbup:

-Jimi

I have spent like two years trying to get these sounds out of my axefx, and for 14 bucks you nailed it.

Awesome. I think that's why we love the Kemper so much. The Kemper takes input from a real amp and creates an amazingly accurate digital copy. You don't need to tweak a huge number of parameters to try to create something close to an amp you like, essentially from scratch.

Yeah, the EQ of profiles is a tricky subject. It's very much influenced by two factors -- the guitar being used and the player's personal preferences. Some folks think our profiles are too bright -- some too dark. I guess since we have approximately equal numbers that think the profiles are too bright vs. too dark, and most seem happy with the EQ, that probably means we're in about the right spot in the middle. 8)

We encourage people to play around with the EQ of the profiles to match their personal tastes and their own guitar.

-Jimi

We at Top Jimi are happy to announce the availability of Kemper Amp profiles of the Blackstar Artisan 100. The Artisan is an amazingly versatile, handwired, 100W amp. It has 4 selectable "Voices" which modify the preamp voicing as well as the feedback resistor between the power amp and preamp, effectively creating a 4-channel amp. The amp also has two input channels, each with their own voicing, which can be jumpered like old 4-input Marshalls. We profiled the amp with our Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 cabs. All this versatility makes for a lot of work for us (and a lot of profiles!), but also makes for a wide variety of great tones.

We thought the 4 Voicings had a mostly Marshall character, and ranged in tone from a JTM45 (Voice 1) up through a modded-80's master volume amp (Voice 4). You could easily do gigs with just these profiles alone!

Profiles available at: http://www.topjimi.com

Video:

HQ Audio:

-Jimi