Posts by Glowing_Tubes

New owner here as well. Took all of a day or two to make a mess with 700 profiles. Lol. And yeah sorting through them could be easier.
    Some sounds I like, some sound like they are on the other side of a tunnel. Been saving snapshots of the ones I like for tweaking, setting them up in performance mode and hope to take my KPA to rehearsal on Wednesday and not look like a total numbskull spending time turning knobs and all.
    I can say that I already love my KPA and know it will only get better.

My hand is sore from playing. My wife is angry because I'm hiding out in my music room and I am one happy Kemper!

At times I'm frustrated by the overwhelming amount of technology I have in this little box and have many scratch my head moments trying to figure things out. At the same time I have a big huge smile for exactly the same reason. This thing is incredible and does so much.

Surgery got stopped due to a small glitch. Hopefully nothing major.
    Thanks to everybody for the well wishes.

Can't wait to get home and get Kempering!
    I downloaded the update and tried loading some rigs but it crashed my KPA 2X for whatever reason.
    I was also unable to access any different profiles from version 2.0 as none of them changed. It does read version 2.0 though.

Every time I get on the KPA I'm learning more and more on how to tweak and use it. It will take me some tIme but I'll get it.
    Like I said, I found some great usable profiles right out of the gate, just need to learn how to organize and tweak the ones I like to my taste.
    I've sent the clean sense almost all the way up for my strat. Seemed to sound better. The distortion sense is taking me a little more effort as I'm not sure how hot I want to run it.

Either way, grateful for this forum and the good people on it. Thank you for your help in getting me going.

RC

8|
    Oh my goodness, I'm overwhelmed.
    Ran through the rigs, found some good ones but now I need to find my way around this thing. How to find "favorites" and start putting ones I like there, how to tweak the ones I like. Right now I'm just swimming on the surface of this thing but it's a deep well below me.

Out for delivery!
    That's the good news.

Bad news is today is my wedding anniversary and I'm thinking my wife may not appreciate it if I spend the whole time with my Kemper instead.

More bad news is I have heart surgery tomorrow and will be out for a cople days.... Argh :evil:

I look forward to seeing some pictures of completed skins on the KPA. Great idea!
    Good luck with this clever business idea.
    Does the magnetic backing have any adverse affect on the Kemper? I always kept magnets and computers separate, so just wondering.

Thanks

RC

Rig Update... I uploaded the new firmware and I've been playing around with all of the new pitch fx (new to me, since my version was older). I ended up figuring out how to get everything I had been getting out of my Line 6 M5 out of the Kemper, so now it's just my Kemper with nothing in the loop. I've got two new smart harmony solo patches, a whammy patch and a really cool fx pad that takes the place of my Octo Verb on the M5. Here's a sample of the freaky organ thing I created:

https://soundcloud.com/lonestargtr/kemper-tell-her-intro-pad

The difficulty with a patch like this is getting it to sound natural and not over processed. I have to say you've done that quite well. Really like the way the guitar and octaves mix based on how hard you play. Thanks for posting it.

Hey Mike,
    How do your band mates feel about the Kemper? Just wondering if it was met with any skepticism when you first brought it out and if it dialed in pretty quickly.

Thanks

RC

Guess I need to read "All" the post in a thread before posting myself. Saved $150? Now I'm jealous. ;)

I got lucky. As good as new. They even took pics of it and sent them to me which was great.

I have surgery scheduled the day it arrives. :S which sucks but I have some additional days off that I get to use playing through the Kemper while I recover. :thumbup:

I can tell you that this time of year, many many products are out of stock because it falls in between product cycles. The process of manufacturing is such that things are usually done in batches. If you are caught in between those batches then you have to wait. I had to wait the longer than this amount of time when I ordered my Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (as well as many other products). I didn't go on their message board and accuse them of dubious business practices!

Kemper is a modest but, high-quality company not a mass-produced Chinese factory conglomerate (not unlike Mesa Boogie or PRS). In my business I do a lot of work with Sennheiser, Shure, and a few others and they are the EXACT same way. There will be 10,000 available one month and zero the next. You can't predict sales ahead of time.

Point taken and you are right, I agree.
    I think it's the way my rep worded his email which was perceived by me to sound like Kemper was delaying production for some unknown reason.
    Perhaps the reason is as you stated, in which case my problem really then is with my dealer.
    I've always felt sweetwater was a good company so either way, what once was a couple weeks out is now near 3 months.
    The reason I went with sweetwater was a no financing deal for 2years. So looks like a very long wait.
    Apologies to Kemper if I interpreted the email incorrectly.

I just got this word from my rep at sweetwater.
    What kind of business practice is this? Or is it because they have some problem in production?
    Needless to say I find this very frustrating.

I have received official word that Kemper will be delaying this amp along with a few other products of theirs. I have been given an official ETA of 09/27/13. Its a bit further out then I originally thought. I figured Id just let you know.

Unbelievable