Posts by caveman1

yup , this thing REALLY is a bunch of different amps in one box.
    I'm bummed because early before I knew how to save to favorites, I found this perfect midgain profile and now I loaded up the box with rigs I can't find it again!!!

unreal piece of gear

An option that could work is if the company had there own rig exchange where people that bought there profiles could upload there tweaked ones.
    If another user had bought that profile before you could download the tweaked ones.

If the company setup a soundcloud where other guys could upload recorded tracks/profile I think it would only help them sell more!!!!

maybe even include the good tweaked ones as an update...some of the IR companies do something similar with the updates.

edit* will beat me to it

hey guys, I also got the pack but whats the easiest way to change the cabs?
    I seem to have to scroll thru so many also I can't see which ones are tone vision

I'm gonna have some more done in a few days hopefully. I didn't have much luck with the bass one but I was playing a bass through the kemper so I'm thinking it actually might be more accurate using a guitar! (especailly with the refine profile part)

thanks for sharing!
    the feedback patches were great also.....could almost do a spin off 'ebow' patch with some tweaks
    #68 Delay Mix* that would be the CC I think to assign to a pedal

I'm pretty sure another method you can use is put the isolated guitar recording you want in your DAW
    find a similar sounding profile
    record the same track with the cab off
    using ozone to match it
    export IR , turn IR into kemper cab using cab maker and reimport into the kemper

*edit*
    all these models are from the ultra if I am correct? was there a particular patch that you wanted? Whichever IR I use and tweak it might not even be to your liking so its kinda pointless

I do plan on doing some bass ones that I had which were pretty decent and maybe 2-3 more periphery ones (the jake ones didn't sound good at all IMO and I think they had the crystals thing going on which the Kemp can't do AFAIK)

If you can point out some patches I'll give it a try

Hey guys I've put up the Nolly lead patch in rig exchange (anyway I can link it here?)
    I did an AB with ozone and the curves were nearly identical 8o
    The delay/verb is fairly close to the patch...this is pretty much my first profile so go easy...feedback would be very nice!
    I did a quick AB recording as well...I might do some more as I go along....first it would be nice to see how it sounds on your rigs and get some feedback

As for the metallica black ....the patch is for FW 9 but IMO it doesn't sound very good at all (especially compared to the ozone matches I've done in the past)
    the patch itself is a bit of a 8| ....they have a drive/amp/cab block followed by a tone match block also a para eq and a graphic eq !??!!?

the ride the lightning one sounds much better and its drive/amp/tone match block

I might try my own ozone matches and then import the cab in and see how close they get ...I compared my old 'black' patch to the silent one and it blew it away

more patches coming....edit put up the bulb one...the gate is super tight

quick question....if you use a commercial profile as a reference when you do a profile ...this isn't in any way a violation if you share once the profile is done?!!?
    I just noticed that you have to edit the info and it shares the same as the reference

that's the thing when you go by rating 5 stars can appear if it had one vote where as there might be one that has 18 votes and is 4.5....I'm more interested in checking out that one!

that's a pretty cool idea except its 48khz USB out....that's one reason I love the kemper more with the spdif

interesting idea....I'm looking at selling the II so I can get a UA Apollo but you may have just convinced me to keep it...

Not sure where the right place to post this is but was going to say if there was a sort by 'number of votes' and 'number of downloads' it would be a pretty good way of finding some of the better profiles on rig exchange