Posts by HCarlH

I listened to the online clips. I did not try it out in person. No regrets. Best sound I've ever had in 40 years.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmm. I really don't agree that the Axe and the 11R are in the same league. The Axe sounds pretty awesome.

The 11R sounds pretty good in this clip. He even gets confused which is the amp and which is the 11R.
    (Around the 6:30 mark) I went from 11R to Kemper. No regrets or GAS for anything else.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bought both of them just to make sure! LOL!

During the 90s (when Nirvana hijacked the airwaves and rock music changed overnight) I switched over to the Garth-era new country music. The guitar playing was great and the songs were melodic with great vocal harmonies. Boy Howdy was another of those bands I enjoyed, but they seemed to have petered out a long time ago.

Lonestar plays in town next week so it will be great to hear a favorite band along with hearing someone else use the Kemper live BTW, I used the '69 Plexi, Marshall Mini Pack profiles last night at the gig and it was TASTY! It worked really well with my Strat (w/ Dimarzio Area 67 and 61 single coils).

I just bought the Marshall Mini-Pack and tried every profile. All sensational! This is a great profile for classic rock....I could use only this amp for a gig. The crunchier profiles are full bodied, warm, and taste great! :thumbup:

I used an HSS Strat with a bridge Duncan JB and Alnico II Pro's for neck and middle. I'm sure it would be even better with a Les Paul. Lot's of gain possible with the single coils though.

I also love the added effects that are programmed and ready to go....especially the compressor and extra dirt when needed. Many times, I'll save these as effect presets.

A gig is coming up Halloween night so this will be the featured profile that night. Thank you again, Michael, for another exceptional offering!

BTW, I see Lonestar is playing the Jacksonville Fair on Nov. 10. I'm going to try and be there. I bought the self-titled, 1st album 20 something years ago. I still love the No News video! Can't wait!

I heard demos of the ISP Theta Pro AND Amplifire which sounded better to me than either the Axe or Helix. TGP already has someone complaining about the "harsh" tone of the Helix they just bought.
    Line 6 hyped the HD series as if it would slay everything.....and now the hype about Helix. Line 6 has cried wolf one too many times.

But the Amplifire is something I would use as a backup if I didn't already have the Eleven Rack on my shelf.

When one or more of the Fractal trolls come here to stir the pot, they get what they deserve.
    If you think your gear is the best choice for you, why would you go to a competitor's forum
    and cause trouble? They'll be back with more...they've learned well from Scott and Cliff.

you made that determination by listening to a "few".

.. I didn't listen to them

:whistling:

Obviously....or you wouldn't keep posting more of the same examples that aren't convincing anybody to buy an Axe FX.

It's as though you keep looking over your shoulders and the only way to make yourselves feel good is to constantly tear down anything that isn't yours. Kinda like buying a ford truck then spending your life typing how bad Chevys are. Half the "facts" here are guys making stuff up.It's one thing to have an opinion it's another to be so insecure that you do nothing but spend your days on a forum making up stuff about competitors

Pot meet kettle. Thanks for describing the Fractal Forum which has a web wide rep and is the most intolerant forum (next to The Gear Page).

Really, don't you have anything better to do than what you're accusing others of doing? You're very sad.