Posts by Lambik

service center repairs normally take a week plus 4-5 days for shipping back and forth-if all goes well you should have it back within 2 weeks then.

I agree with what Ingolf said.
    But to answer your question-technically it should be no problem. The Profiler does not care about the source that is being send from the DAW to the SPDIF input. You could even reamp a vocal track if you wanted to.

1000 is the upper limit of rigs that a profiler can manage effeciently.
    If you have 1500 in your rack you should consider weeding them out until you get below that limitiation.

NEVER switch off the cab button in the stack section!!!!
    It is not only needed for making the Main Outs sound good but will also provide crucial information that makes the Cab driver function sound good which is engaged when you activate the Monitor Cab off function in the Outputmenu.
    The combi of Cab on in the stack section and Monitor Cab off in the output section will ensure that you have a proper guitar sound on the Main outs and the Monitor/Speaker out so you can use a cabinet on stage and send a speakersimulated signal to the front of house at the same time.

Hell-G is right about the need to set the Sync on your soundcard to SPDIF. No need to change anything in the Profiler because it is always set to be the Master. But the artifacts in your recording do not sound like a sync problem to me. Dropouts due to unsynced digital audio sound more like supershort spikes and not like the noise tail that i can hear on some of your notes.
    It would be great if you could post the rig that shows these symptoms

mission impossible-you cannot expect a total replica by dialing in the same numbers even if the Profiler had exactly the same parameters that the Lexicon offers. Every reverb algorithm is unique and sounds different.

Well, I believe that I verified that it only occurs on the spdif connection. When it occurred today, I solo'd the analogs and they were clean' solo'd the digi's and bad distortion. I reset the KP by turning it off, then on and the digi's were fine. So there is a failure in the spdif's.. now is it in the inputs or outputs?? dunno just yet.

The problem is that I cannot "make" the fault occur; I have to wait for it t just happen. so with that, I can't isolate the "why" as what's happening to make it occur. I know that today, I was messing with the spdif volume, turning it up to zero db and then backing off; back and forth. I was trying to determine if the spdif was introducing a slight distortion/digital edge to the guitar sound that was dofferent fro the analogs... (I couldn't determine a difference in sound) This was brought on because I think I'm hearing the "stack" side of the spdif being reamp'd instead of the "guitar" clean side. This makes for increased distortion and a change in sound from the original... of course... this is what I think that I am hearing and am trying to figure out why...

That sounds like your DAW or soundcard is changing the left channel of the SPDIF to the right and vice versa. Do you have any other SPDIF equipment that you could use to verify this? Are you using some sort of converter to change the coaxial SPDIF to an optical format?

the easiest way to deal with this issue is to use the SPDIF only for transferring the signal into the computer and back and use the analog output for monitoring while you play. That way you will not hear the clean signal at all.