Posts by Lambik

glad you could fix it.
    your xslot prob could be related to the situation you were in when you edited the xslot. If you did that in performance mode you need to save the performance first before selecting slots over MIDI.
    Switching slots in a performance with the rig cursors is ok-changes applied to the rigs in the slots will survive that but if you use MIDI the edits get lost unless you store the performance first.

Dont know your DAW but it definitely sounds like it is still sending a reset for the CCs when the song stops.
    Instead of calling up the tuner with CC you could use MIDI Volume to control it. Send a value of zero at the end of the song-the tuner will show up. Send a volume of higher than zero at the beginning of the next song and the tuner disappears.
    You need to tell your DAW to send MIDI clock that will transmit the tempo information to the Profiler.

"what would be the point of recording a stereo signal for reamping when the input of the Profiler is mono?
    The classic mode for reamping is GIT/STACK-that mode will give you a clean signal on one channel and the Stacksound on the other channel.
    The STacksignal is mono anyway-the signal gets stereo after the Stack in the effects section".

I'm not talking about recording the take that you are going to use for re amping.!!!

I'm talking about the recording you are making WHILE you are in the process of re-amping the clean (gut) channel you are sending into the KPA. I'm talking about the final recording after you have selected the amp you want use for the final recording...and then say use delay......wouldn't you want to record a stereo track into your DAW? ,,,,a stereo track that comes out of the Kemper in stereo through the Spidif to record your final take.....after you have made your tweaks.

Now i understand-as Ingolf said-i prefer recording my guitar mono and dry and add stereo effects later on in the mix from my DAW.
    Using the same reverb on most instruments and vocals seems to glue the mix better.
    The only time i might record a stereosignal from the Profiler is when using the delay or any of the mod effects in the X or MOD position.

what would be the point of recording a stereo signal for reamping when the input of the Profiler is mono?
    The classic mode for reamping is GIT/STACK-that mode will give you a clean signal on one channel and the Stacksound on the other channel.
    The STacksignal is mono anyway-the signal gets stereo after the Stack in the effects section.

You can keep the stack channel for reference and the clean channel for reamping.
    At least thats the way i do it.

regarding the sync issue
    SPDIF is a consumer standard-its meant to sync 2 devices. If you want to use it in a setting with more than 2 devices you will need to apply Sample Rate conversion. This will degrade audioquality in a way much worse than a sampling rate difference between 44 and 48 ever could.
    The way i use the Profiler is recording over SPDIF and then simply switching back to the internal clock of my DAW afterwards. Only takes a second.

download the latest 2.01 version from the Kemper website, unpack the archive and place the Kaos.bin file on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
    Hold down both PAGE buttons while you power the Profiler up with the USB stick inserted.The display will tell you that a boot and burn process is running.
    Let it finish and after the reboot the Profiler should be OK again.

The voucher is only good at the Kemper online store. You can already download the PDF at the news page on the Kemper website and apply for the voucher and as soon as it gets listed as available in the Kemper online store you can buy it from there.

you can connect your mp3 player to the alt in and return in of the profiler and adjust the volume in the output menu to mix the balance between the mp3 and the profiler sound and listen to both in the same headphone that is connected to your profiler