1000 rigs limit question

• I currently have 769 rigs on my Kemper but I just bought some commercial ones. If I import
    them all I will be over the 1000 mark. Obviously, I want to import them all so I can audition
    them but does this mean I will have to delete other rigs to make room? Any suggestions on
    the best way to accomplish this?

• Yeah, I had the problem with the limitation, too. But I filtered the stash by starting backing tracks and jamming along, changing from rig to rig. You'll explore a large amount of rigs that only sound good when played alone and don't fit in a complete and arranged set of music. By this criteria I sorted the "good" from the "bad" and suddenly I was down from about 1400 rigs to app. 370. Yes, it takes time, but your gain is the selection of the best rigs.

If you decide to erase rigs by sledgehammer I'd advice to make a backup, edit the backup at your PC and reimport it into the KPA.

Good luck!

• By this criteria I sorted the "good" from the "bad" and suddenly I was down from about 1400 rigs to app. 370.

I agree
    But there can be a problem here
    when you already have about 9500 "good" rigs filtered...
    and now you trying to find the best rigs among same Amp but different authors
    so 1000 limit is not very handy here

• I agree
    But there can be a problem here
    when you already have about 9500 "good" rigs filtered...
    and now you trying to find the best rigs among same Amp but different authors
    so 1000 limit is not very handy here

Agreed. I really hope they lift this limit asap, or at least confirm that it is hardware based and will never be lifted.

• Has something changed?

I've had at various times 1200 loaded. Haven't had a problem.

I though the problem was when you upgrade to a new OS you have to get it under 1000 for memory space while doing the upgrade.

Did they change the OS to keep you from loading more than 1000 recently?

• keeping track of 1000 rigs must be quite a challenge-i am happy that i reduced my favs to just a handful of rigs that i know inside out and really use

• I still would love to use profiles directly form the USB stick - without the need to import them - and then later import the once which work best.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• What I do is import via USB, choose, delete ones I don't like, then pull the USB and delete the same ones I don't like on the USB.

Then I open them up in a tagger, use my tagging convention, and then delete all imported ones in the KPA and reimport them.

For the Amor de Dios please make a librarian! ;)