Posts by ShainSTH

*Another sound clip*
    I tried to record "In Waves" by Trivium using some of the profiles. I used 4 profiles, two for the main rhythm track, 1 for the lead, and 1 for the background octave guitars.
    Here is a piece of the song. (excuse the sloppy playing)
    HERE

I'm still taking a few days to fully play with every profile to make sure it's something I want to put out. I want to put these profiles through the ringer to check for any blemishes I can find and fix. So far they have held up for me.

Thanks Hanes_ITS, I'm glad you liked the last pack.
    I tried to go with high-gain profiles with a sense of clarity. I love the stuff that is ball to the wall sounding, but there is always a lack of definition and clarity. All of these profiles are dual cabinet, so I hoped that it would give a unique sound that you don't hear from normal profiles on here.
    To answer your question, I went as high-gain as possible without it becoming just noise. I can tell you without hesitation that these profiles are the best thing I've personally made.

I want to give an update. It has been a month since I've posted, so I feel like I owe an apology.
    I recently had a birthday, as well as started a new semester in college. So the personal time restraints are done for me.
    I have finally finished my new studio. I am at this moment testing new tones. I think within this next week, I should have a new pack in the store. Thank you to everyone who is still buying and commenting on the first pack.
    The next update I give will have an audio sample.

I really do agree with and44. Tone really is subjective.
    I know that some people may like a more isolated clean sound while others may prefer a more open airy type sound.
    The same thing applies itself to a mix context.
    What sounds good isolated and alone may not fit or gel with the bass and drums in a mix.
    You really have to choose what works best for you in the genre or style you play.

Thanks Hannes_ITS
    That really helps light a fire to make more packs. I am unfortunately still getting stuff worked out. I've been bombed between college, work, and getting my home studio re-done. Seeing people commenting and purchasing the rectifier pack has been reassuring to me.
    I cannot thank everyone enough for all the support. I promise once I get the studio done I will be making more packs.

Just to post an update.
    I'm in the process of arranging my place and dealing with personal stuff. After I get that organised, then i'll roll the equipment back in. I'll start profiling the Mesa with the 4x12, for those who wanted less highs and more bottom end(darker tone). I'll try to give more updates when I can.
    For those who have bought the first pack, thank you.
    If you make any killer music with the profiles be sure to link it to me so I can hear.
    -Shain

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, so for now I can only do 2 mics. I have been wanting to experiment with more mics. Especially if I were to do a cab blend. The Mesa sounds really beefy with the dual cab setup in my room.

I could do some more Mesa Rectifier profiles if anyone still wants it. I honestly just figured that people were kind of getting tired of Mesa profiles by this point. That's why I did such a small pack.