Posts by MacFangus

Kemper finally fixed my original account! Yoo-Hoo! :)

The 2 x "Cornford RK100" profiles were captured when the amp was in a modified state using Dale mil-spec hi-fi resistors, .022uf / 1uf / 500pf capacitors in the signal path. I wanted to post profiles, but I didn't want to give away the RK100 tone either... I also used a variac and an attenuator to 'color' the tones a bit. I have since put the RK100 circuit back to stock. The profiles do sound great, and are as close as you're going to get to a real RK100.

I've posted two profiles of my Cornford RK100 on the Kemper Rig Exchange. Check them out! If you have any ideas to improve the quality of the profiles, please feel free to submit them.

"I have been doing guitar based records for almost 40 years and I have worked with a ton of excellent guitar players (Zakk, Steve Stevens, George Lynch, Nuno, Vito Bratta, Wolf Hoffmann, Mick Mars, James Hetfield, Kane Roberts, Scottie and Snake from Skid Row, Chris Impelliteri, Dimebag, Ty Tabor etc.) and just as many great amps. The Kemper is a game changer and is hands down THE best piece of gear that walked though my studio door in the last 20 years. I am a stickler for guitar tone and I don't take guitar tone lightly. I've tried all the simulators more than once with a bunch of different players and I didn't like ANY of them (still don't). They don't do your right hand justice, so they make you play different. The Kemper is different, it is not a simulator... It is a profiler. To me that makes a big difference.

I have about 50 different guitar amps, guitar pre-amps, and lots of cabinets, microphones and mic pres. They all sound great for something, all great in their own way. Rarely do I just use one single amp/cab/mic, most of the time I use combinations. I re-amped a DI guitar track through my Splawn together with a Bogner module, via two 4x12 cabs with 3 different speakers and 4 different mics via the Chandler TG-2 mic pre and the Trident A-range mic pre, mixed together to one track by the CraneSong Spider, and the sound was killer. Recorded the live amp track into Nuendo, I then profiled that exact setup, straight out of the Spider and re-amped the same DI track through the Kemper profile of that setup and punched it in and out of the original amp track: I could not hear a difference, I could not tell where the amp track ended and the Kemper track started and vice versa. That is close enough for me. If I can not tell a difference with the track in solo, nobody will be able to hear a difference when I'm done with the mix!

The secret is in getting a great profile and there are a bunch of things to be paid attention to, like the actual return level, the level going into the Kemper, refining the profile the correct way etc. If done right, I cannot tell the profile from the original. If NOT done right, there will be a noticeable difference. Am I going to sell all my amps? Of course not. There are a million combinations that sound good, and are special to a particular track or song. Will I profile that combination used on that particular track? Yes, of course. Do I like other peoples profiles? Yes, some of them are very good and are very inspiring.

I love being able to give players the exact sound they got on their album, so they can take it on the road with them. I think the Kemper KPA is an amazing piece of gear, and it does make my job easier. My 2 cents - now back to making music..."

- Michael Wagner

Sourced @ http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8569668-post58.html

"I have been doing guitar based records for almost 40 years and I have worked with a ton of excellent guitar players (Zakk, Steve Stevens, George Lynch, Nuno, Vito Bratta, Wolf Hoffmann, Mick Mars, James Hetfield, Kane Roberts, Scottie and Snake from Skid Row, Chris Impelliteri, Dimebag, Ty Tabor etc.) and just as many great amps. The Kemper is a game changer and is hands down THE best piece of gear that walked though my studio door in the last 20 years. I am a stickler for guitar tone and I don't take guitar tone lightly. I've tried all the simulators more than once with a bunch of different players and I didn't like ANY of them (still don't). They don't do your right hand justice, so they make you play different. The Kemper is different, it is not a simulator... It is a profiler. To me that makes a big difference.

I have about 50 different guitar amps, guitar pre-amps, and lots of cabinets, microphones and mic pres. They all sound great for something, all great in their own way. Rarely do I just use one single amp/cab/mic, most of the time I use combinations. I re-amped a DI guitar track through my Splawn together with a Bogner module, via two 4x12 cabs with 3 different speakers and 4 different mics via the Chandler TG-2 mic pre and the Trident A-range mic pre, mixed together to one track by the CraneSong Spider, and the sound was killer. Recorded the live amp track into Nuendo, I then profiled that exact setup, straight out of the Spider and re-amped the same DI track through the Kemper profile of that setup and punched it in and out of the original amp track: I could not hear a difference, I could not tell where the amp track ended and the Kemper track started and vice versa. That is close enough for me. If I can not tell a difference with the track in solo, nobody will be able to hear a difference when I'm done with the mix!

The secret is in getting a great profile and there are a bunch of things to be paid attention to, like the actual return level, the level going into the Kemper, refining the profile the correct way etc. If done right, I cannot tell the profile from the original. If NOT done right, there will be a noticeable difference. Am I going to sell all my amps? Of course not. There are a million combinations that sound good, and are special to a particular track or song. Will I profile that combination used on that particular track? Yes, of course. Do I like other peoples profiles? Yes, some of them are very good and are very inspiring.

I love being able to give players the exact sound they got on their album, so they can take it on the road with them. I think the Kemper KPA is an amazing piece of gear, and it does make my job easier. My 2 cents - now back to making music..."

- Michael Wagner

:thumbup:

This may have been addressed somewhere along the line, I can't be the only one that gets annoyed by this. Someone will post 3 or 10 profiles, each of which have 1 vote at 5 stars each. It is very unlikely, practically impossible that 10 newly posted profiles are rated immediately after being posted. It would appear that the post-er either has 2 Kemper ID's or a friend that jacks the ratings. Why? If the profile sounds good it will get adequate attention. If it doesn't, so be it. One persons "Holy Grail" tone might be something that 10 other people would never use. This is the beauty of the profiler, variety. To post a 5 star rating on your own profile reaches a level of douche-baggery that can only be described as total douche bag. So please, whoever is rating your own profiles, get with the program and stop being a douche bag. :thumbup:

?( So you choose profiles based on others opinions...?

Matrix is working on a stereo power amp for the KPA head. Whether it is going to be Class AB analog or Class D digital, I do not know? I'm hoping for Class AB. :thumbup:

I'm runing a TC 2290 into my KPA in stereo. All can say is... Well, I'm speechless! :D