Posts by Kulle_Wumpenteich

Mit den Bordmitteln vom Kemper bekommst Du das so "auf Knopfdruck" nicht hin. ... Da hast Du dann Pegelanpassung UND noch die Möglichkeit, den Sound der Gitte etwas zu shapen - und das alles auf Knopfdruck!

Für mehrere Gitarren ... da gibt's z.B. den Source Audio EQ2, der hat 8 Presets, zwischen denen Du umschalten kannst. ...

Wäre für mich die Lösung, wenn Du nicht separate Performances je Gitarre verwenden willst...

Genau das wäre für mich DIE Lösung im Input-Menue.
    Einfach den grafischen EQ plus Input Volume mit einbauen. Kann normalerweise kein Hexenwerk sein.

Leider kann man sich bei Kemper dazu nicht durchringen, was ich seit 10 Jahren echt bedauere.

Ich habe bei einigen Gitarren einen extremen Unterschied beim Output,was die Lautstärke angeht.

Dazu habe ich notgerungen dann im Output nachjustiert und ein Shaping abgelegt für nahezu jede meiner Gitarren. Bei den Customs geht es eigentlich, weil die relativ gleich bei mir reagieren.

Aber eigentlich ist das die falsche Stelle, weil du dann ja auch alle Stomps, Amps, Cabins und Effekte mit runter oder raufregelst.

Ich verstehe nicht (oder nur begrenzt, wegen der Einsteiger beim Kemper), weshalb man dort seitens Kemper nicht nachsteuert.
    Im Input für jede Gitarre ein Preset mit grafischem EQ und Vol. abzulegen, wäre eine sehr große Erleichterung in vielerlei Hinsicht.
    Und das wurde auch schon oft im Forum gewünscht.

ToH2002

Na ja, es ist ja immer die Frage was man schon hat und was man will.

Den Spark Brühwürfel würde ich nicht wollen, weil im Sound zu begrenzt bei Backings.

Die Yamy-Büchse kenne ich nicht, müsste aber formal vom Preis her vermutlich was bieten.

Für das Geld habe ich dann aber auch eine Lösung, wo ich nicht nur nahe an einer Kopfhöhrer-Quali bin, sondern im Zweifel auch mit einer 4x12 Box an 600 Watt Endstufe beigehen kann. Da schickste dann an der Nordsee von Cuxhaven, über den Strand, auch eine 3m Welle in die Themse-Mündung mit 'nem schönen Gruß. :S

Ja, musst 4 Kabel mehr verstöpseln. Ist jetzt aber auch kein Brachial-Workfow. ;)

It's been great to see how the quality/price ratio of foreign builds has improved so much. In the $500-$1000 range you can get top quality exceeding that of legacy American brands costing 2x or more.

Every 10% more than average costs 1.000 € or $. Thats the way. X/
    For that reason I shot a cheap Gibson Standart in better times (quality) of 2007.
    All my other guitars are Japanese. There is the average price round about 1.200 € less and the quality is basically on a very good level.

Ok, I have to be careful that these used guitars are offered cheaply. Because I have to pay additional import duty.

But so far my purchases have absolutely paid off with this approach.

:thumbup:

Carnival is near! :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OldShredderhand

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the guitar was originally built without electronics.

The electronics could have been upgraded in the late 50's or early 60's.

Your last picture in particular brings me to this conviction.

Unfortunately, I never had an acceptable example of a guitar from that time that could reaches the most minimal requirements in terms of string height, clean scale and fret tuning.

Either you take the guitar as a wall decoration to get your visitors smile, or you take the matter seriously and ask your trusted guitar luthier (or Kellerblues link) to fix the problems with the fretboard and string height.

The latter would be worth of 400€ to me on your position. ;)

Such a guitar on stage with this pickup would be worth the entrance fee alone. ^^

Kahuna59

Your links are outstanding! I like this old "Dioden-Stecker" ^^

In Germany at that time these guitars were named "Schlaggitarre". :)

Maybe the guitar had those white pickups before.

This 1960s could be an evolution of OldShredderhand 's guitar. A more coherent picture is slowly emerging thanks to input from Crispy Panther.

For example, I'm also a friend of the MiJ guitars, especially from the 70s and 80s. The high-quality rated series then come from the manufactories of Terada, Nagano, or Matsumoto. They temporarily changed factories every 2 years. It doesn't matter whether they were built for Burny/Fernandes, Tokai, ESP/Navigator or Greco. Often they were all identical in construction. Only the electronics differed. They're all great when they come from the right factory and are fitted with the good PUs. For example the first VH1 or the Maxon U3000. Especially those from Terada and from Nagano are highly valued. No matter what brand and for what price they were originally sold. Especially the Burny Custom surprise for the low price!

Then, over time, you get an eye for good historical guitars.

That's a good explanation, albeit speculative.

At first I thought it was a Framus. The body spoke for it. But not the headstock.

I suspect that the pickups were installed later. In this early period, jazz guitars were usually built without pickups. In the photo it looks like other pickups have been installed before.

:saint:;)

Gioventù, la tua canzone lieta va. :)