Posts by VCuomo

I agree. It seems that a reboot alone is not enough tho, according to Timo and what the OP did (unplugging): two different paths which seem to lead to the same result.

They are two different problems. In Timo's case, profiles that he had deleted re-appeared after a reboot. In my case, only the count of rigs was incorrect until I rebooted (none of the deleted rigs re-appeared). Not the "same result" at all.

Not that it really matters, but I didn't unplug the KPA's power cord from the wall outlet - I simply used the chicken-head knob to turn off the KPA. :)

I don't know if this has already been reported, but I'm running the latest v2.2.1 beta. I decided to delete all of the rigs on my KPA except for my favorites, and then reload just the rigs that I think I'll use in the future.

I started out at the maximum number of rigs (1000) and performed the "delete non-favourites" function. Then I inserted a USB stick in the KPA and attempted to perform an "import". The KPA displayed a message that said I was at the maximum allowed and wouldn't import the rigs on the USB stick.

I powered off the KPA, powered it back up, and then I was able to import the rigs I wanted.

This isn't a big deal, but when rigs are deleted the total count should be properly adjusted.

:thumbup:

... get what you like, dont get all caught up in what's "best". They are all good options...

As further evidence of this philosophy, I have the non-powered KPA toaster but I run it into the effects return of my Mesa Boogie 5:50 2x12 with the cab sims on. I've found cab sims that work in this configuration extremely well, and the cab sim DEPs give me extra tone control.

So I guess this makes me a "B"! :D

i agree and think this would be a good feature. as a workaround for now, if you have a volume pedal, you could assign it to volume but set the range so that heel position is "normal volume" and toe position is "solo volume".

This is what I do, but a problem with using the volume pedal this way is that you lose the ability to automatically switch on the tuner by putting the volume pedal in full toe-up position. So, having a simple boost parameter that can be midi-assignable would be nice.

...Makes me think it might have been a "dirty power" problem, but there's no way I'm going to start carting around a power conditioner, not for the size of gigs I do.

The size of a gig really has nothing to do with it. A power conditioner isn't a big deal to take to gigs and it can prevent damage to your KPA (as well as your floorboard, amp, etc.). I always take one of these to my gigs, and it's all of 7"x7"x6" and weighs 6lbs. It's cheap, but effective, insurance for gear that costs way more than the cost of the conditioner. IMO, of course! :)

To dismiss the FCB1010 as a toy is misinformed. It is a very professional and powerful MIDI controller. With the UNO chip (standard not UNO for Kemper) it can do things some much more expensive controllers can not.

?( What are the advantages/disadvantages of using the UnO vs. Uno4Kemper if you're only using the FCB1010 with a KPA? How is the Uno different from the U4K?

Generally speaking, I've always followed this rule, even with "real" pedal boards: Make volume adjustments as far down the effects chain as possible.

You connected the FBCs midi out to Kemper midi out and vice versa?

Actually, the Kemper's MIDI out must be connected to the FCB's MIDI in, and the Kemper's MIDI in must be connected to the FCB's MIDI out.

Edit: I just saw that HELL-G pointed this out. Sorry for the duplicate post.

Ha, I did RTFM! :) The manual tells me how to send the CC# for the various stomps and effects, I'm trying to configure FCB switches 1-5 (given a selected bank) to load a particular rig on the KPA.

But I think I've got it! On the KPA, set the chicken-head knob to Performance, then select the bank and preset number (1-5), then use the Browse knob to select the rig you want in that bank/preset#, then press the Store button.

Right?

Now I just need to figure out how to get the wah pedal to work and I'm all set! :D

Hi all,

I'm a complete noobie when it comes to MIDI. I just bought an FCB1010 to use with my new KPA. I also bought and installed the UnO for Kemper chip. At this point, I've verified that the KPA sees the FCB1010 and that MIDI In and Out both work (the tuner is visible on the FCB1010 when the volume pedal is set to minimum).

Now - how the heck do program the FCB1010 (and KPA) so that Bank 1 Pedal 1 selects and loads a particular rig that's stored in the KPA?!? ?(

I tried using Ripwerx, but it doesn't seem to see the FCB1010 (can't verify the FCB1010 Firmware Version) and there are no usable menus that I can see (don't know why).

Can you guys help a brutha' out? It's really frustrating to be so close, yet so far, from using a really cool KPA rig!

Remember, I'm new to MIDI and the KPA so I'll need a fairly detailed list of steps to follow.

TIA! :thumbup: