Posts by VCuomo

From this thread:

System Reset:

1) switch the KPA off
    2) press and hold the 'system' button
    3) start to tuner (boot up can take a little bit longer).
    (All your KPA settings are then lost - presets and profiles will not be changed)

And then there is also the more destructive (but thorough) reset procedure from this thread:

HTH!

Don't know how many folks here are aware that this company makes slipcovers and padded bags for just about anything, including the KPA and the Atomic CLR Wedge: StudioSlips.com.

I ordered a slipcover for my KPA so that it won't gather dust at home (I already have a gig bag for it), and I also bought a padded clamshell bag for my CLR so that it won't get damaged when being transported to-and-from gigs.

Check 'em out! :thumbup:

I was following that thread over at TGP and saw your post.

Did you REALLY get suspended ONLY for that post? If so, wow. Just wow...

BTW, I've seen some Line6 AX2s lately... those came out in '96 or '97 I believe. That's nearly 20 years ago. And they are still being used. I have a Yamaha DG Stomp that I use all the time that is from 2001 or so, and I step on the thing, throw it in the trunk of my car as a backup to my Kemper, etc - and it works great. Just because it's digital doesn't mean it's going to fall apart.

Absolutely, I didn't think I implied that digital electronics can't last a very long time. :thumbup:

Actually, I think the KPA (non-powered) would probably last a very long time because it doesn't seem to generate much heat. But if in, say, 20 years a memory chip fails, Kemper (or any qualified service technician) would almost certainly have a hard time finding an exact or equivalent replacement chip.

is it just after power off and power on that it doesn't recall? or if you save slot 1A, load 1B, then load 1A, you don't have the same input settings?

I'll check the various combinations later tonight when I get home and report back.

Are you editing the rig in browse mode, then checking it in performance mode? writing a rig to performance mode creates a separate copy that won't reflect further changes to the rig in browse mode. so If you load rig "This Rig" into slot 1A, then edit "This Rig" in browse mode, you won't see those last changes when you load performance mode slot 1A.

Correct, I'm aware of that. I'm editing the rig in performance mode.

I assume you use different banks for the different guitars because you are changing more items than just the input settings (noise gate, clean/dist sense)? if not, then you'd be better off locking input and creating presets for each guitar. but if you're also adjusting other things, I'd do it exactly like you are doing.

Correct again, I also adjust EQ, gain, and clean/distortion sense.

Only problem is no one else seems to be able to replicate your issue.

Yeah, strange...

... Can KPA be for life? ...

The current model KPAs? Nope, no way.

I bet within 5 years the DSP chip(s) and other components used in the current KPAs will no longer be produced - they'll be obsoleted and replaced with newer, but not necessarily pin-for-pin compatible, components. I've been a software engineer in the digital world for a long time and have seen this happen over and over again. Eventually, no matter how willing Kemper is to provide repair services, they simply won't be able to find some of the components that will fail.

Welcome to the world of digital electronics!

It's not a question of "benefits and simplicity over Browse Mode". Performance Mode is what you use to arrange your rigs and customize their settings in a way that makes sense relative to how you are actually going to use the KPA.

In my case, I use different guitars (both at home and live) and I have each Performance bank customized for gain and EQ for a particular guitar. For each Performance bank I have my FCB1010 floorboard (with UnO4Kemper chip) set up to be able to call up any of 5 different rigs (Performance "slots"), turn on or off up to 4 effects, and turn on or off the tuner.

Regarding lag time, it's there but IMO it's hardly anything. No-one in your audience is going to notice it.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the fast replies guys!

I have my Performance banks customized for different guitars that I use, so I don't really want to lock the Input section. I'd like to set the noise gate for each slot in each Performance bank (basically what Joerch was referring to above). But it appears that the noise gate setting is not saved with each slot.

Or is this possibly a bug?

live a surge protector is mandatory for all electronic equipment. I also use UPC battery backup in case of momentary power loss.

X 1000!

I use one of these Tripp Lite LC1200 line conditioners (more than just a surge protector) at home and live:

[Blocked Image: http://www.tripplite.com/shared/product-images/med/LC1200-FRONT-M.jpg]

I use it for my tube amps as well as for my digital equipment.

Don't know if they make a model that's compatible with the OP's power system, but if they do it's well worth the investment, IMO.

I was using one of these types of units with some computer equipment at a Las Vegas trade show many years ago in a large, first-class hotel that you would think would have perfectly good power but definitely didn't. Some of the booths around me ended up with dead and/or damaged equipment, but not me! :)

I'm thinking of selling mine. Hate to criticize, but a year and a half is just kinda silly to wait for a controller. [thread started in Summer '12]

I mean, really?

:huh: You're thinking of selling your KPA just because there isn't a Kemper-branded foot controller? Now that sounds "kinda silly" to me...

US$210 (approx.) will get you a brand-new FCB1010 and UnO4Kemper chip. I use it live with no issues.