Posts by danniee

Ok I am trying S/PDIF again and it seems to work BUT volume seems lower in DAW compared to when I use Audio/RCA connection. Is this normal? Also, in Cubase transport panel I see no activity in the default input channel fader, only in the main mix output channel fader???

Another thing. Do I have to set the soundcard to external - spdif everytime I want to record with the Kemper? It seems I have to switch back to the "internal" setting whenever I need to listen to mp3:s an other sounds and when I turn off the Kemper the soundcard says "sync unlocked" and noise comes out of the speakers.

I am trying to connect both my Kemper and Preamp to my M-Audio 2496 soundcard but it seems only to have audio input for only one device?? I don't want to use S/PDIF because it failed on me and I can live without the headache. Do I need to get a new soundcard if I want to connect more than once audio device or a mixer or is there a cable that can connect both of these, like a rca to twin 1/4? It's probably just me that doesnt understand.

Thank you for taking the time!

I am not really worried. What I am hearing is amazing. I was more wondering about how it works. I understand that profiling an amp+cab with mic takes a "snapshot" of that setup that's why I wonder what happens when I choose a totally different cab. Is the new cab I am choosing coming from a recording of another amp+cab which is now blending with the first amp+cab I was using? Sorry if that does not make sense. Basically, what I wonder is, when I use the original amp (which was probably profiled with a specific cab and mic) with another cab, what is it that I am hearing? Is it the Kemper "guessing" what it would sound like or is it actually the original amp with the new cab making a realistic sound of what those two seperate things would sound togheter (of those snapshots)...jeez, hard to explain what I mean :)

The profiler explains his profile like this...

Playing with my friends Kemper, he has profiled his 100w marshall with Golub crunch mod....sounds real deal to me !!!!

Also Strymon Blue Sky is in Kemper´s loop, delay and ambience is from Kemper.

Cab is Uwe´s Orange profile, SM57 / 414

So did he only record the amp itself and then used a Kemper cab profile to match it with or does the profile concist of the Marshall amp + the Orange Cab? I'm struggling to learn what it is I am hearing. This is all so new to me :)

Thank you! So you are saying that the combination profiled (amp+cab) sounds extremly realistic but if I decide to change to another cab it won't sound as the new combination would for real unless I or someone else profile that particular combination? Can I expect it to sound close enough though? Or is the Kemper just making up a sound that it thinks it would sound like?

I have already checked out the wiKPA. Awesome stuff! :)

Hi!

I just got my Kemper a couple of hours ago and I already love it more than my wife :P

I have downloaded the manual which I will go through tomorrow but I have a quick question. I downloaded Marshall JMP Golub Crunch Mod and it sounds great. But I think it comes with a Orange Cab. I would like to play this head through a Marshall 1960B 300W (SM57 / MD421) or at least something as close to this as possible. Is this possible? Can I change cab? And if so, do you have a specific Marshall 1960B profile to recommend?

Thank you :)