Posts by sinmix

Sin, I dig your outspoken nature and your profiles are fantastic. I have and use several. Your ear for the Kemper qualities that stand out is also unquestioned and we've long discussed the profilers shortcomings with perfectly replicating a source amp...
    That being said, when selling profiles on the forum, you tell us they sound good. But when anything comes up about how the Kemper sounds in regards to a traditional amp, you basically try your best to shit on both the Kemper and the poster. It's an odd strategy for somebody who makes money on a device to trash everything you're not directly involved in and doesn't make you money. That and you don't know that the OP doesn't know how to mic or set an amp.

So, you win a big old shoulder shrug and a few more rolling eyes.

when selling profiles on the forum, you tell us they sound good.

Yes compared to other profiles.

But when anything comes up about how the Kemper sounds in regards to a traditional amp, you basically try your best to shit on both the Kemper and the poster.

In this case shit=true, So for me is a true even others sellers not talking about it loud but i think they also hear a diff (soo, im this bad one)

It's an odd strategy for somebody who makes money on a device

Money?, I know many people see SinMix = Big Money but please... I have a regular job, profiling is a hobby - My Free Pack etc, tons of comparison, I have time gear and I like to test new toys.

That and you don't know that the OP doesn't know how to mic or set an amp.

True, the style is not OK (even if its true).

So, you win a big old shoulder shrug and a few more rolling eyes.

Always something. 8o

Stay Metal!

So. What I Win? :D even without comparing.
    1. It's a Kemper Forum,
    2. You want to proof how amazing Kemper is (even if you dont know how to mic and set an amp)
    3. Guitars on the left sounds louder ( more mids etc.. nothing new when You compare real amp vs kemper profile)
    4. You cant say left guitar is a real amp becouse its means real amp sounds/ fit better than kemper profile or TH profiles :D
    5. SIo what I win?

Stay Metal!

Just thought I'd add a comparison vid that I did a while back:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No processing has been done to either clip, and I only did one or two refining passes for a minute or so.

And? TBH nothing new, IMO still same type of differences in tone. :D

Stay Metal!

What I am going to do next is do a merged profile of my amp, then take a direct out from amp through the kemper, profiled cab simulation. At least it would show if the issue we are dealing for sure has to do with amp modelling and not cab modelling.

1. Direct Amp profile
    2. Studio Profile
    3. Merged Profile
    4. Cab IR from setting 1 2 3
    5. Real amp reamping,
    6. preamp recording from real amp
    7. whole chain from real amp + miced cab

Then:

1. Try Real amp preamp signal and Direct amp profile with same IR from point 4
    2. Try convert IR from point 4 into kemper cab part and compare kemper di + converted cab IR vs real preamp + IR
    3. few more things to compare :D

Question is: what is fucked up amp part or cab part? TBH compared real amp preamp signal vs profiled DI signal still not the same sound, but as always the key is a cab part so compared real amp + real cab vs direct amp profile + real cab = sounds very close :D but still not the same. If i see one more time "spot on"I kill You :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Just listening on cheaper earbuds, but Sample2 seems to have a more extended low freq response and seems to be more 3D.I guess #1 is the Kemper, it seems to be the difference I was feeling when comparing the KPA to the real thing. I hope I am wrong though.

PS:
    But... are they level matched exactly? Listening to them again #1 seems to be a tad quieter, which can change everything when comparing 2 soundfiles like this.

Thank you very much :thumbup:

2 - sounds better for me (even on single track) IMO 1 is Kemper 99% sure :D

Stay Metal!

Yes, like I said in the previous thread about using 3 different bridges and even on the last bridge I changed out the studs. @Cederick we share the same crazy interest in experiments and learning how everything shapes the overall tone.

I wish I had access to @sinmix s gear to experiment with all the heads,cabs and mics.

Yes, like I said in the previous thread about using 3 different bridges and even on the last bridge I changed out the studs. @Cederick we share the same crazy interest in experiments and learning how everything shapes the overall tone.

I wish I had access to @sinmix s gear to experiment with all the heads,cabs and mics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lublin :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Yeah I wanted to get one with a custom print, but decided against it since there isn't much point when it just sits at home and the upcharge was too much for custom options.

The regular black tolex 1x12 is a no brainer at this price though.

What do you think of the Hesu speakers, which Celestion would you say is the closest?

Demon speakers sounds more tight and brighter compared to V30. TBH dont like this speaker alone, but with V30 kills. Maybe next time i do some comparison V30 vs Demon in my Hesu Cab. But for sure cant use same mic pos on both. :D

Stay Metal!

Fing great, i knew straight away if the sound is good on the lap top speakers, it will sound killer on my Sonos sound system (high end surround sound etc) I would love to see what the kemper could do with this, shame you dont have DI"s, sin would do a good remix of this.

Ash

@doomfred Mix is very good IMO. Nice music also! DOnt need any help from my side :D

Stay Metal!

Very nice Man! Recorded and mixed something very close sounding for my friend band :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

External Content www.youtube.com

Stay Metal!

Thanks guys!! 8o

And aaargh, @sinmix, because this started as a rough sketch I didn't bother to record direct for guitar and bass. X/ Silly, because the template I use for all my projects is all set up for that: all I had to do was arm the right tracks. Remembering what you did for @nightlight 's song... I am kicking myself right now. :)

Thanks for your offer though! When I find the time to re-record everything for the final version, I'll definitely track direct... and hope you'll still be up for it to give it a go then.

No problem, next time :D I'm ready :thumbup:

Stay Metal!