Posts by Ghost

I was avoiding trying this since I was waiting for VMR to come out but dang...going to have to demo it before then.

That's the thing about Slate, and Slate related things...usually late to arrive but amazing when they finally show up.

Hi Everyone!

Here's a new instrumental tune I wrote last week using the Kemper for all guitars, some Midi Keyboards, and I had just upgraded to EZDrummer2...

Astral Touch- Spiderwebs

I actually bought the Kemper to use for my metal solo project, but as I'm sure you all agree...the thing is so frickin' fun to play with and pretty much works for any style. Gear note- guitars are played through a used Squier Telecaster I bought awhile back, and not only that, I used the Squier for the bass parts as well using one of the bass simulators in the Kemper. I liked the bass as-is, so I didn't redo it. I have an Ibanez SR-705 bass that got punked by a Squier Telecaster...well played Kemper, well played... 8)

I have, and love, the Redwirez IR's. One of the first things I did with the Kemper was convert them so I could use them, but IMO they didn't do anything the Kemper cabs couldn't do better. I'd highly recommend them with VST amps, and when I was using the PodHD I'd bypass their cabs and use them, but with Kemper they are a no go...

I'm still a Kemper neophyte working my way through the rigs. I think I've downloaded and messed around with most of these already. (Thank you nakedzen, yours are very fun to jam with!)

I also bought the Stymphalian EVH pack, and the Red profile is as great as Hannes said. I'm using it to do some reamp testing for my next project, and it does sound great. Minimal tweaking at my end too, which is always a plus.

Just a quick aside, pardon if this is too much of a newb comment, but lately I've been adding 0.1 to 0.2 of the direct signal into the tone. I find it's giving a bit more clarity of the notes while still having a lot of gain for my playing than the "pick" or other similar adjustments. YMMV.

I ordered my rack from Long and McQuade in November and just got it recently. Almost three months. Sucked, but there was no other option. I didn't even see the lunchbox anywhere.

Hopefully you can snag one sooner...

I'll be selling my 6505 2x12, it's too much amp for me being a bedroom studio guy. I'm also unloading my old Marshall AVT50, I haven't played it in years. My PODHD is on the watch as well...

I plan on keeping my small Peavey Vypyr as a practice amp when the mood strikes me, such a neat little amp...

Waiting since November? What a torture!
    Welcome to Kemperland!

Yep! I would make a point to check these forums almost daily, but the waiting was driving me nuts. All is well now!

Welcome! :thumbup:
    I spent some days in Ottawa last year and I love your town.

I love it too, for nine months of the year anyways... :thumbup:

Finally! Just picked up my Kemper Rack this afternoon... :thumbup:

Hi Everyone, my name is Matt. I've been lurking this forum for a couple of months as I waited for my rack to arrive. I've learned quite a bit from all of you here, as best as I can learn without having the Kemper in front of me, so thank you all for your great questions and posts.

I swear, I've never been so psyched over a piece of gear since my first guitar nearly 30 years ago. I stopped by my local shop this afternoon to pick up some bass strings, and I almost didn't ask for an ETA as I've been asking pretty much non-stop since November. I asked anyways and the fellow at the counter started to say they didn't know, when mid-sentence he goes "It's in!" Woot! Apparently it had just arrived that day and was entered in their inventory, probably moments before. Amazing!

Anyways, I look forward to participating in the forum now...but if you don't mind I may be a little sidetracked for the next week...

Cheers!