Posts by little_harry

#1 - Yes, I have tried with another usb-interface, with all the same cables, so it is the U24XL that is the problem.

#2 I don't find any settings for the clock. Maybe this is the problem. But I do get sound, but it has random noise with pops and clicks.

#3 I have sendt ESI an email.

Yes I have searched, and I do find people that have had success with this interface.

Hi

I thought the ESI U24XL was the perfect smal SPDIF interface to use with the Kemper for simpel recordings.

But when I use the SPDIF connection from Kemper into the U24XL I get a lot of noise, clicks and pops on the signal.

Anyone that has managed to get U24XL working on OSX?

What am I doing wrong?

A workaround could be to first create and edit a performance in the local library. when you're done, place it on the profiler. i believe i have less issues when i work like that.

Thanks! But I actually tried that. I copied the performance into the local library and edited it there. But when I got back to the Kemper the performance was also changed there. It's really really strange.

Is RM totally useless with Performances?

I copied a performances from a Kemper slot into the local library in RM. I edited the performance in the local library and stored it. But when I went back to the Kemper slot, RM had also changed the name and the performance on the Kemper. The performance on the Kemper was "destroyed" and over written by the performance that was updated in the local library.

This happened twice, and I did not push any wrong button when I saved.

For me this seems like a total mess?

Is this by design or is the code in RM really really buggy?

Thank you Kemper team for another awesome free update.

One thing I noticed, though, is that after updating the delay effect is now more pronounced than before (I was on 3.2) on some of the rigs that have delay enabled. Not a major issue or something I can't easily fix by turning the delay mix knob down a bit.
    Just curious if anyone else noticed the same.

I have noticed the same. I needed to adjust or check the mix value on all of mye delays in all my 80 performances.... I think this happend some time in version 4...

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-ams2-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xft1/t51.2885-15/e35/12292721_977017009041403_713516453_n.jpg]

- Fender Custom Shop Duo Tone Stratocaster
    - Warmoth (Self assembled) Telecaster Deluxe with Lollar Imperial humbuckers and black korina body
    - Random Pink Air Guitar
    - Rack mounted Shure GLXD14
    - iPad with LC Prime app for click tracks, controlled by the Kemper Remote thru a "black box" from Midi Solutions
    - Gator GR-4S rack

I have read a lot of threads regarding this topic, but i don't find the recommend approach.

Heres my problem.

On a gig on Saturday I experienced a situation with power failure and an error message on my Kemper. A fuse was blown and we lost all electricity on stage because someone spilt a drink inside a power strip…

We got the power back and my Kemper started to boot, everything seemed ok, but suddenly I got a message on the Kemper that something was wrong with an error code and a message that I should take a picture of this screen and send it to support. Since this was in the middle of a gig I did not have time to take a picture. I turned my Kemper off and turned it on once more, then the message was gone, and everything seems ok for now.

My questions are: What happened? What was that message? Will it appear again when power failure? I thought it is kind of "safe" to kill the Kempers power. The shut down procedure. What if there is a power outage.

What is the recommend approach to handle power failure lik this? I have read something about that the Kemper has a built in surge protector thats needs (a lot of) time to «restart». Do I need a UPS to handle situation like this? Or is external surge protector enough to prevent the "restart" time?

A lot of people seems to think that the Centaur Klon is the holy grail among boost/overdrive pedals.

I like the sound of it too, and wonder if anyone has managed to make a "simulated" version of it in the stomp section.

I'm my head a booster is a combination of overdrive, eq and compressor. So it should be possible to use the stomp section to do get close to the Klon sound.

Has anyone tried to do simulate a Klon in the stomp section? Want to share your experiences?

Hi everyone, I'm only a couple weeks into owning a kemper but it has entirely replaced my boutique amps live. Really liking it. I've always liked running ODs and wet fx into a clean amp for drive, I think it's more flexible. Here's some shots of my gear and me playing my trusty american standard natural finish tele at my church here in Las Vegas.

Here's my amps that don't get much love any more now that I have the kemper! I profiled them using a Palmer PGA-04.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/K81WrRI.jpg]

I find that I get fewer ground loop issues when I plug my pedalboard and amp into the same power strip, so the other power cable in this pic runs from the rack to my pedal board.

Ahhhh Jackson! Can you let MBritt ( lonestargtr) borrow that Jackson amp.... :D

My experience is, Michael's profiles sound just right out of the box at gigs. When I do sound checks, the sound man hardly does any eq'ing. He sets it flat. So for example, at very low bedroom volumes, Michael's 70' Marshall sounds a little too dark. But as I turn my CLR cab up, it sounds just like it should.

This is very interesting. I manly use IEM on stage and rehearsals, so I don't hear the "volumes" from the PA or any wedge monitoring.
    In my opinion the 70' Marshall is a little bit dark in my IEM, so I tend to like the 79' Marshall from pack 2 a little better. It is a little brighter and maybe a little better string separation.

I think I will check out the 70' Marshall profile on the next gig this weekend, and spend som time in front of the PA on the sound check. Maybe I will learn something new :)

Any other thoughts or experiences with the 70' Marshall vs. 79' Marshall from pack 2