Posts by little_harry

I'm sure that in the 80's my wireless added more delay than this.

Actually new digital devices has more latency than old analog gear...

The problem is not the Kemper it self but the chain of all digital devices that adds delays. So you want to keep every device to the minimum.

For example:
    Digital Wireless -> Kemper -> Digital Mixer -> Digital Wireless IEM
    4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 16ms

Weird things happening in performance-mode, a profile from Guido (XTC clean) suddenly lost all trebles and sounded dull. I don't like if profiles suddenly sound very different.... I made a restore and went from 3.1.2 Public Beta back to 3.0.2, same with Rig Manager (1.5 Beta --> 1.3).

It's nice to have Performance Mode-editing with RM, but I'll wait for the official 3.1-release.

The same happens to me some times. But if I change the performance back and forth the sound will be "restored".

Fantastic question!

I'm really looking forward to a better midi implementation.

First, this is my "user stories":
    - I want to use the Remote to select, start, stop and loop click tracks in MainStage on my mac.
    - I want to use the Remote to turn on and off loops on my RJM loop switching solution

I have given this a lot of thoughts and this is my take on a better midi "concept" on the Kemper.

First I will a use term called a "stream". This means a list of custom midi (Notes/CC/PC/Sysex/NRPN etc.) commands that will fired in a sequence. The idea is that a stream can be fired many different places.

You can send a stream when you :
    - Enter or leave a performance
    - Enter or leave a slot in a performance

Next, we need a virtual stomp box and a virtual trigger footswitch.

A virtual stomp box can send a stream:
    - When it is turned on
    - When it is turned off
    - When it has to sync the on/off state, for instance when you enter a performance/slot/rig

A virtual trigger footswitch can send a stream:
    - When the button is pushed down
    - When the button is released

The virtual stomp box and virtual trigger footswitch should be possible to assign to any of the assignable buttons on the remote. And it should be possible to be global and local in a performance/rig.

I might be the only one here, but I found that really quite bad. the upper harmonics especially, it reminded me of a line6 product... and well it is!.. - I was hoping for good things for this OTHER than a real nice look/feel of the glossy exterior. but that just did absolute nothing for me, and is in no way on equal terms to some of the other stuff out there today.. including the Kemper..

I totally agree. The interesting thing is the "reality check" you get when you hear the outro music in the video. The guitar sound is way better in the outro music, than from the Helix :)

put the same performances in #1 and #100 ;)

That wil not solve mye problem... ;) #1 is already in use. Then I have to move #99 to #100 and #98 to #99 and ... This will take the whole day...

Why do people need to ask for more when they were already given more than enough ? :)

Sorry, but no. If your firmware has bugs it's not "more than enough".

This is already being addressed in the next scheduled release.

So where is it? Please release a firmware where the only new thing is "bug fix". I have been waiting for this since: 2015-03-30...

I'd be happy with my toaster if it NEVER had another update.
    (Not that I don't welcome them when they happen) ^^

It seems that you don't use performance mode?

The "I want to play guitar and not tweak the firmware" argument is rather strange...

I use performance mode a lot and it is a pain if you play in several bands. Have you ever tried to move a performance from #100 to #1 ? It's terrible slow! If you press the move button to fast on the Kemper, will crash. I reported this many many moths ago, and the response was, press the button slower. So it takes around 5 minutes to move a performance from #100 to #1 if you want the Kemper NOT to crash. The code behind the performance mode is really poor. I was promised a fix for this in the near future.

Yes, I want a firmware update for bug fixes. Because I want to play guitar not sit in front of the Kemper and push a button very slowly because the firmware is fragile...

Timo - I did as you suggested and booted up while holding the rig button down. It appeared to fix the issue, however, last night I re-organized my presets and they are now not synced up again. I am going to sent in a support ticket now with my profiler backup. Thanks for the help.

I have this problem all the time. When I reorganize performances the preset list and the Remote very often gets messed up. Even a profile in a slot can get messed up. I'm taking backups almost twice a day, when I'm working with performance mode.

I think the code in the Kemper software regarding presets in performance mode and the syncing with remote is really crappy. This is not bugs, it is poor code and design. The Kemper team has really som code to refactor, I hope the are working on thinks like this as we speak...

Have you considered to change the scale length? If you want a "darker" tele you could use the Gibson 24-3/4" scale instead of the Fender 25-1/2". This will give you a darker/warmer tone.

I also agree that the wood is not the only key here as glamcem says.. What pickups do you have i mind? Very hot pickups will remove the influence that the wood has on the tone anyway...

I use performance mode for my setup and I have a setup with one performance pr song. Since I now use the Remote I had to reorganise all my performances and yesterday I started to do that. I tried to move a performance from #53 to #1, but this was relay relay slow. It seems that moving a performance is a programatic heavy (or not optimised) operation. I pushed the move up button around 20 times... and the Kemper froze and after some minutes the Kemper crashed. I had to cut the power the hard way to get the Kemper up and running again, and when it started up the performance was gone... I had to use a backup to get it back.

So, It seems to me that the "move rig operation" is not very optimised and its very immature. Be careful with it!

Kemper team please do some effort to fix things like this. The workflow with the Remote and performance mode is not convenient if it takes 3 minute to move a song from #53 to #1...